Corsair Community

Intel RSTe with Link.

Zeros and ones

Ok... so I am just looking for confirmation or if this issue can be duplicated.

Latest version of Intel RSTe is 3.5 and the version of Link that I am running is 2.1.7.

Scenario 1:

1) Connect Commander to USB port on MB

2) install Intel RSTe v3.5

3) install Link v2.1.7

Final result: BSOD ~20 minutes.

Scenario 2:

2) install Intel RSTe v3.0

3) install Link v2.1.7

Partial result: NO BSOD. operation normal

4) install Intel RSTe v3.5

Final Result: BSOD ~20 minutes

Scenario 3:

2) Install Intel RSTe v3.5

3) DO NOT INSTALL LINK v2.1.7

Partial Result: NO BSOD and operation normal

4) Install Link v2.1.7

Final Result: BSOD ~ 20 minutes

Scenario 4:

2) Don not install INTEL RSTe (any verison)

3) install Link v2.1.7

partial Result: No BSOD and operation normal

4) install Intel RSTe v3.0

Partial Result: No BSOD and operation Normal

5) install Intel RSTe v3.5

Final Result: BSOD ~20 minutes

What seems to me is either link is does not want to work with the latest Intel RSTe driver or Intel RSTe just doesn't like the LINK.

The Scenarios above is exactly what I did to troubleshoot what the problem is. I also used a program called 'Who Crashed' in order to see what was going on from my dumb file... I got back a very generic message from windows.

Pretty much what was crashing was ntoskernal.exe. This doesn't tell you much because when you go digging a bit more the troubleshoot results you get is checking your peripheral devices and the drivers you installed.

I know that it is the Intel RSTe because I have everything on my rig updated except the Intel RSTe drivers. I have those running at v3.0. I am 100% certain that once I upgrade to the newest RSTe... with my link installed I will get a BSOD.

All I am looking for right now is a confirmation if we can replicate this problem. Thanks :biggrin:

I can confirm using 2.1.7 with asus rampage IV will give you BSOD! Why im not sure but uninstalling the software made my computer work as normal now 4th day with out a BSOD. My boot times have also went from 90 seconds to 20 now. I also commented about this in two other threads. To confirm you are having the same issue, my symptoms were 20-30 min into running even at idle windows would shut down with a BSOD and upon restart I would get a "windows checking for solution" message.

TY robandcathy, I'm thinking that the suorce of BSOD is the Controller Intel C300 that needs driver RSTe (mobo asus rampage IV and so on).

I confirm your symptoms and the only way of escape I found is to setting Sierra2service as I wrote in the linked post; I'm sure that, killing the service, the system runs without BSOD. Last night it ran 2 hours without problem.

I hope that the next release of CorsairLink will solve the problem.....

TY robandcathy, I'm thinking that the suorce of BSOD is the Controller Intel C300 that needs driver RSTe (mobo asus rampage IV and so on).

I confirm your symptoms and the only way of escape I found is to setting Sierra2service as I wrote in the linked post; I'm sure that, killing the service, the system runs without BSOD. Last night it ran 2 hours without problem.

I hope that the next release of CorsairLink will solve the problem.....

excellent... just wanted to make sure I am not crazy.

So just to be clear...

if I installed the latest Intel RSTe drivers and than go to Services->Sierra2service->Properties-> Tab Recovery and than select 'take no action for every failure' my system should be fine?

:bigeyes: ... I surprised to be the only man that had problem with Intel and Corsair.... but ..... now I'm sure I'm not alone ....

yeah..... changing settings as described my system runs fine ...

Please ..... Could you try it and give me a feedback ? ....

Ty so much!!!!

:bigeyes: ... I surprised to be the only man that had problem with Intel and Corsair.... but ..... now I'm sure I'm not alone ....

yeah..... changing settings as described my system runs fine ...

Please ..... Could you try it and give me a feedback ? ....

Ty so much!!!!

I am on it right now. Will get back to you with results as soon as I can :biggrin:

....system still running..... no BSOD ....

Intel C300 and Link work fine .... togheter ..... :D:

So far so good. I haven't hit the 20 minutes mark yet.. so still crossing my fingers.

However I have a c600 controller on my board. I am still certain though that it has to do with the drivers from RSTe and the link.

Should be hitting my 20 minutes mark fairly soon. I will report back ASAP

Yeah C600 ... I got an Asus .....

I don't know why C300 kept in my head .... :sigh!:

You should post your system specs so we know what you have.

I haven't found a set of RSTe drivers that work with Server 2012 yet or else I'd test it out.

excellent... just wanted to make sure I am not crazy.

So just to be clear...

if I installed the latest Intel RSTe drivers and than go to Services->Sierra2service->Properties-> Tab Recovery and than select 'take no action for every failure' my system should be fine?

Is this not a banaid for the problem? I mean the errors are still going to be their but windows will take no action? Sound like a workaround and temp fix to a bigger problem.

....system still running..... no BSOD ....

Intel C300 and Link work fine .... togheter ..... :D:

time for my report...

I did the fix. restarted the pc to make sure changes took effect. I than installed the driver and I still have a reboot at about my 20 min mark.

When I go back to RSTe v3.0 all is well. I will further try to diagnose the problem.

I am curious.. do you also have seria2gpu active in your task manager?

Hi guys, I think every solution sounds like a workaround...

Maybe my system is lucky and changing settings of a process takes

effetcs ... maybe changing the newestdrivers of C600 could erase BSOD's ...

IHMO .. I hope for a final fix... the new CorsairLink software, I think, can solve the bugs..

A question ... Should we message to Corsair's Tech Support or they are reading every 3d?

Thx to all

Hi guys, I think every solution sounds like a workaround...

Maybe my system is lucky and changing settings of a process takes

effetcs ... maybe changing the newestdrivers of C600 could erase BSOD's ...

IHMO .. I hope for a final fix... the new CorsairLink software, I think, can solve the bugs..

A question ... Should we message to Corsair's Tech Support or they are reading every 3d?

Thx to all

so do I. I don't think it would be a bad (i have just re-read what I said. I meant to say that is is a "good") idea to message Corsair Tech Support about this problem. I am sure some of their tech support people have already seen this and they maybe on a path of trying to reproduce the issue.

Thank you for your help mave. I am sad that it did not work on my pc.

When you do a fresh install the software automatically makes you download netframe work, so would it not be the most current one? Mine was from a week ago. Only way I could get BSOD to go away was to uninstall software so now been about a week problem free, but still not a single step to fan controll. I really dont want to have to keep trying programs and clutter up my registery. Case in point the software is the issue, should Corsair not try to do this and let US know if its fixed? Where not talking about some one off company, but microsoft, and intel. Every other software maker conforms to these standards and makes their software backwards compatible. Such as sata and usb ports, otherwise I would suggest you make O.S. specific versions or make the software automatically check for newer versions. This sounds like a beta problem still at large, for us to test things and report back. Sorry don't mean to be a d**k but its really time to squash all the bugs and put out a realiable software for the masses.

Ok... you guys just confirmed that with my RSTe 3.5.1 i was gettinf BSOD anywhere with 2.1.7.

I was wondering WHY i was getting those all of a sudden, but it seems it's all related to the Corsair Link 2.1.7.

So far, since my H80 died, i am not using the Corsair Link anymore... and quite frankly, i am wondering if i will just get rid of those Corsair things... H80 isn't really reliable, so far, it died just a little after a month, and then, got that Link and all i am getting out of it is dissapointment..

Guess i will get my own personal custom watercooling and ebay that Corsair Link... i don't feel like beta testing with my high end rig and corrupt my drives... really, this product isn't ready for general public.

Ram Guy,

Tried the latest version that you suggested of .Net

It still did not work. Once you install the intel RSTe drivers with the corsair link you get a BSOD. I am very sad at this because it is with the newest intel RSTe that you get drive temp in Corsair link and finally the Smart Features work in intel's SSD toolbox

i can say that the RSTe is finally working correctly, i would say that the new Corsair Link software is the problem here, because i was working with RSTe 3.5.1 for a while now, and NEVER had any problem what so ever... only since i added 2.1.7 link software to the picture... so for now, i removed the corsair link from my PC... using my good old fan controller...

Archived