Corsair Community

Will an H115i run without iCUE?

Pocah

I am wondering if iCEU is used to switch the mode of the H115i to whatever, can I then stop iCEU running and the PC can be operated without it? In other words does the H115i remember what modes it's set to and so on without the iCEU? Even if power cycled?

The fans will follow the set curve if: 1) the fans are connected to the pump fan controller; 2) the control variable is the native coolant temperature (H115i Temp). You should also be able to set a basic color scheme for the pump and fans (through the LNP or C-Pro hardware lighting).

The fans will follow the set curve if: 1) the fans are connected to the pump fan controller; 2) the control variable is the native coolant temperature (H115i Temp). You should also be able to set a basic color scheme for the pump and fans (through the LNP or C-Pro hardware lighting).

Please clarify...

If I set a pump profile, say, Balanced and a custom fan curve in iCUE. Then I disable the iCUE Corsair Service and reboot the PC. Will the cooler behave in exactly the same manner as before the reboot (specifically the fans)?

*** EDIT ***

I'll answer this myself, now that I have tested it...

The answer is yes. You can set up your various profiles in iCUE, fans, pump, PSU, etc., then subsequently disable the Corsair service(s) in Windows Services. Upon reboot, your previous set of profiles is retained by the Corsiar hardware, even though the Corsair services are no longer running after boot.

Why would you want to do that? It's a simple matter of trust... personally, I do not trust the stability of Corsair's software. I'd far rather place my trust with AIDA64 and HWinfo.

Edited by Yemble

There still are a few caveats. If you use the included fan presets (quiet/balanced/Extreme), it will still jump to maximum if you hit 40C coolant. I recommend setting up your own curve, software or not. Also, I suspect the pump might jump to Extreme as well if you hit 40C — certainly on the Pro models if you try to park it in Quiet 1100 rpm mode. I was never able to get my H115i Pro hot enough to verify this. I would not suggest using the 1100 rpm mode without the software anyway. Better to set it to Balanced if going sans software.

There still are a few caveats. If you use the included fan presets (quiet/balanced/Extreme), it will still jump to maximum if you hit 40C coolant. I recommend setting up your own curve, software or not. Also, I suspect the pump might jump to Extreme as well if you hit 40C — certainly on the Pro models if you try to park it in Quiet 1100 rpm mode. I was never able to get my H115i Pro hot enough to verify this. I would not suggest using the 1100 rpm mode without the software anyway. Better to set it to Balanced if going sans software.

I've been running all day on the hottest day of the year so far (in the UK). Coolant temp is 26C... not a chance in Hell of getting anywhere near 40C :biggrin:

Yep, I'm running Balanced all round, pump @2130RPM, fans @500RPM. Note that I am running push/pull, with the second fan set profiled from the VRM temp and tracking marginally faster than the radiator fans.

Edited by Yemble

iCUE doesn't read my motherboard sensors so would you say this is a viable way of running the AIO? I have posted a thread concerning this issue which contains a pic but can't upload the same pic here :-/

iCUE doesn't read my motherboard sensors so would you say this is a viable way of running the AIO? I have posted a thread concerning this issue which contains a pic but can't upload the same pic here :-/

You just need iCUE running initially in order to set up the profiles. Once done, you can then disable the Corsair service(s) in Windows Services Manager. You do not need to de-install iCUE.

I use AIDA64 (OSD) to monitor my H115i PRO pump speed, coolant and fans in real time. AIDA64 also monitors my HX850i PSU temperature, power consumption and fan speed, plus, of course, just about everything else on my mobo! You can probably do exactly the same thing with HWinfo, but the OSD is much neater in AIDA64, IMHO.

Edited by Yemble

Yes, you don’t need iCUE running once you have a viable curve established. We have hardware lighting options now, so there is some control for that as well without the software. If you don’t have a ton of peripherals, you are not as dependent on iCUE. As mentioned above, better to set iCUE to not run on start up than to uninstall it.

I'll see if support get back to me as there is an issue and I'd prefer buying something which works including the software. This build has corsair ram, psu, ssd, so I was going to add a h115i pro and a commander pro and probably other corsair stuff in the future but I have put those purchases on hold for now if the core software doesn't support my motherboard.