Corsair Community

Corsair HX850 / EVGA RTX 3090 FTW Ultra

tecmo34

What is the recommended cable setup for the required three PCIe 8 Pin cables needed for the EVGA RTX 3090 FTW Ultra (if I can ever beat out the bots in getting one) using a Corsair HX850 (CP-9020138-NA)?

Do I run two of the PCIe 8 pin (6+2) cables, with connecting both of the 6+2 pins on one cable and have just one 6+2 pin on the other cable connected? Or do I need to run three PCIe 8 pin (6+2) cables and only connect one 6+2 pin from each cable?

Thanks for your feedback!!

Best bet for the RTX 3090 is to use to separate cables to the card do not use one of the dual connector cables. Corsair has some braided cables which work well. I suggest a bunch for spares as they can be damaged for some reason.

• Corsair Employee
Best bet for the RTX 3090 is to use to separate cables.

You mean "two" separate cables.

The 3090 AIB has three PCIe connectors.

So yes, you can use two cables, but you can also use two connectors on one of those cables.

You mean "two" separate cables.

The 3090 AIB has three PCIe connectors.

So yes, you can use two cables, but you can also use two connectors on one of those cables.

I have lots of PCIe cables, for the RTX 3090 a dual connector cable and one single single cable should have enough power.

If not then run 3 single cables to the PSU. My HX1000i has enough for that route.