Corsair Community

Corsair H-Series, how to leakcheck? | Replacement for destroyed products?

Evo

Hey there!

I was just wondering how i could leakcheck my soon arriving H110i GT CPU cooler. I endet up with the idea to put the radiator power into the mainboard and put the h110i GT into a bucket but in my mind it looks a bit .. weird. Do you guys have knowledge if it comes to this and closed loop cpu coolers?

The secound part is this thread. Here a user said:

...corsair has been known to replace or refund any damaged components. This goes for anything damaged by their coolers or their PSUs...

Is there any Source for that?

I also found this very frightening post in this forum.

Now i am very scarred. I dont want to destroy like 6.000€ of hardware after the warranty of the h110i GT / PSU expires.

If your this scared of watercooling,perhaps you should stay on air

if you WC you must be willing to accept certain risks

If there's a leak due to the hydro ,Corsair has been known to help with damages on a case by case basis,which is more than anyone else would do...

I have 5k plus in a custom build where the leak risk is much higher than on hydros that's built by professionals.. and the venture didn't stop me

Go ahead and get your feet wet;):

I guess i have to take a look at the H110i GT after it did arrive. If the warranty epires i can just throw weird glue , w/e things on the "leakable" parts.

Just want to get a bit of a idea whats up with Corsair in terms of customer care and so on. As i mentioned in my "Hello there!"-thread i have zero experiences with this company so i guess its the usuall meet process. :p

Well,Ill tell it like it is however some here rightfully get aggravated with my mentioning it but oh well...:confused:

I have several dozen Corsair products and to date have had 2 rma's

one hydro had a noise[im noise anal] and the other was my own fault but both was replaced without questions.

Im running 3 Corsair hydro's with 4 Link commanders since 2012,all still without issues.

You honestly cant go wrong with with Corsair quality and support

any others q's then fire away;):

I personally dont expect 100% perfect products, fails can happen. I just like the ID of the Company and ofc i have seen a lot of these products in the past but more out of a "He bought it into his RIG" perspective and not out of a "I build it into my RIG" perspective.

I just don't understand the RMA policy of Corsair. I guess that i know that ram has lifetime guarantee. (I guess that means untill the next generation of ram is there or something like that). PSU's have 7 Years and the rest the default 2 years after bought.

But i also saw a lot of people writing that they got there stuff replaced even without having a bill. Other people dont get it replaced 2 weeks after there warranty expired. Seems a bit confusing to me but anyways as i mentioned, i feel pretty confident and im hyped to see all the corsair products in work. :)

Good questions

with lifetime ram if the ram is discontinued,the ram would be replaced with current module

with warranty replacements thats ran out,honestly Ive seen Corsair honor warranty's simply because sometimes its just better to keep the customer happy.

Good questions

with lifetime ram if the ram is discontinued,the ram would be replaced with current module

with warranty replacements thats ran out,honestly Ive seen Corsair honor warranty's simply because sometimes its just better to keep the customer happy.

I actually would say its always better :D. The stuff we buy will be old somewhen between two and six years depending on how long a person can "tolerate" the fact that there is "better" stuff on the market.

I for example did spend exactly 2733,**€ into Corsair products at my local retailer. Lets say he does pay 30% less in buy in at Corsair i did a purchase worth 1913€.

I mean yes, its allready payed so Corsair could give nothing about my buying it compared to the fact that it just lies around in the retailers warehouse but to make a point.

Replacing a 133€ worth cpu cooler to keep the customer spending his money into the company seems more worth to make his next purchase going into another company. Ofc. its depending on how much they care about the customer itself but i could imagine that there reputation wouldnt be that good if these guys wouldn't care about them.

If your this scared of watercooling,perhaps you should stay on air

if you WC you must be willing to accept certain risks

If there's a leak due to the hydro ,Corsair has been known to help with damages on a case by case basis,which is more than anyone else would do...

I have 5k plus in a custom build where the leak risk is much higher than on hydros that's built by professionals.. and the venture didn't stop me

Go ahead and get your feet wet;):

I think that it's one thing to accept the risk of building a custom water cooling loop, where the individual component manufacturers have no control of the installation of their components, and another thing in the case of an AIO system where the manufacturer does.

From a product liability point of view, as long as the unit is unmodified and installed within reasonable limits of hose bend radius, temperature and vibration, the manufacturer should be responsibility for damage caused be failure of the product. If they want to limit the service life of the product to the life of the warranty, I see that as an acceptable compromise.

I understand Corsair reluctance to commit to specific quarantines for compensation due to the risk of fraud, but looking at the schedule for reimbursement, I’m now back in the market for a new air cooler, (and I just finished matching the RGB LED to my Dominator lightbars:[pouts:)

The only reason that I purchased an AIO cooler for my system was because it was available from Corsair and I’ve dealt with their phenomenal customer service in the past. I had heard about pervious cases of compensation, but now that I have a more accurate understanding of what it actually means, I see it as too big a risk. I’m very glad I saw this thread before I had that opportunity to experience it directly, (although I wish I seen it before I spend $200 for parts I no longer need.)

I think that it's one thing to accept the risk of building a custom water cooling loop, where the individual component manufacturers have no control of the installation of their components, and another thing in the case of an AIO system where the manufacturer does.

From a product liability point of view, as long as the unit is unmodified and installed within reasonable limits of hose bend radius, temperature and vibration, the manufacturer should be responsibility for damage caused be failure of the product. If they want to limit the service life of the product to the life of the warranty, I see that as an acceptable compromise.

I understand Corsair reluctance to commit to specific quarantines for compensation due to the risk of fraud, but looking at the schedule for reimbursement, I’m now back in the market for a new air cooler, (and I just finished matching the RGB LED to my Dominator lightbars:[pouts:)

The only reason that I purchased an AIO cooler for my system was because it was available from Corsair and I’ve dealt with their phenomenal customer service in the past. I had heard about pervious cases of compensation, but now that I have a more accurate understanding of what it actually means, I see it as too big a risk. I’m very glad I saw this thread before I had that opportunity to experience it directly, (although I wish I seen it before I spend $200 for parts I no longer need.)

I can fully understand your concerns as I was also reluctant to go on water.

but several factors gladly changed my mind

1. high end air coolers consume a majority of the m/b making it unsightly to me

2 water out performs air under load

3.the water used in AIO is non conductive so unless components stay wet then chances of damages are greatly reduced

4.If a leak does occur ,chances are by the time that happens then components are already old and out dated and could use updating

5.Corsairs quality and overall customer assurance is above par.

But in the end it comes down to what the user wants...

I can fully understand your concerns as I was also reluctant to go on water.

but several factors gladly changed my mind

1. high end air coolers consume a majority of the m/b making it unsightly to me

2 water out performs air under load

3.the water used in AIO is non conductive so unless components stay wet then chances of damages are greatly reduced

4.If a leak does occur ,chances are by the time that happens then components are already old and out dated and could use updating

5.Corsairs quality and overall customer assurance is above par.

But in the end it comes down to what the user wants...

I agree with ever reason you gave except #3 and #4.

Has anyone experienced a leak, (beyond minor seeping), and not had damage, (it's probably how 99% of them are discovered.) Maybe adding florescence die to the coolant and an ultra-violet emitter would allow a chance for early detection.

Is there any documented correlation between leaks and the age of the coolers, (within the warranty period?)

My concern is that I just updated my video card, and the total of amount of compensation listed for all the components wouldn't cover it even with depreciation, not to mention the rest of the parts. I can't ignore that much loss just for what is essentially esthetics.

When I though there was the possibility of restoration to the pre-leak condition, it seemed worth the risk. Not so much now:(

I had a water cooler leak, not Corsair, and it trashed my motherboard and graphics card. Luckily I was about to do a rebuild anyway, but I hadn't got round to installing my new motherboard nor my new graphics card (£289), so a few hours work and it was up and running, with my old air cooler. It took me about 12 months to get over the fear of it happening again, at which time I bought an H100i, I had 3 of them altogether but couldn't get any of them to work properly, either with Windows or with Link, so I sent the third one back for a refund and went back to air. A few months later I saw the H110i GT and bought it. It's brilliant worked straight out of the box with Link and was cooler than my Noctua cooler with 2 fans.

• Corsair Employee
I had a water cooler leak, not Corsair, and it trashed my motherboard and graphics card. Luckily I was about to do a rebuild anyway, but I hadn't got round to installing my new motherboard nor my new graphics card (£289), so a few hours work and it was up and running, with my old air cooler. It took me about 12 months to get over the fear of it happening again, at which time I bought an H100i, I had 3 of them altogether but couldn't get any of them to work properly, either with Windows or with Link, so I sent the third one back for a refund and went back to air. A few months later I saw the H110i GT and bought it. It's brilliant worked straight out of the box with Link and was cooler than my Noctua cooler with 2 fans.

Thank you for giving us another chance and staying active on our forums, it's appreciated. :)

You're welcome. Even though I had problems with the H100i, it was never the hardware, that was brilliant, but the detection in Windows and problems with Link. When I saw the 110i GT I decided to give it another try. I also have a Corsair case, power supply and a couple of USB flash drives. The forums are interesting, and I learn things, if I can help someone else, that's a bonus (also I'm at work and a bit bored).

Archived