Corsair Community

2GB Memory for Dell Inspiron Mini 1012

jwpear1984

The Corsair memory configurator does not list the Inspiron Mini 1012 as an option. Can someone confirm the 2GB Corsair SODIMM that will work for this machine?

Dell says the memory is DDR2 800 (PC2-6400) MHz 2GB. They list their part numbers as: Mfg: SNPTX760C/2G and Dell part: A3518854.

I am considering the following Corsair Value Select VS2GSDS800D2 and VS2GSDS667D2.

• 9 months later...

3/6/2011

I can confirm that the VS2GSDS667D2 2GB DDR2 667MHz memory module from Corsair does NOT work with my Dell 1012. After installation, I power on, the hard drive spins up, and the computer does nothing. Replaced with the original Samsung 1GB, and it's back to normal.

I wish it did. It's going back. Does anyone have a 2GB Corsair memory module that does?

• Corsair Employee

You may need to force the BIOS to reset before it will see the new memory, but you should update the Notebook BIOS before you start.

To force the reset you will need to remove the battery and use the A/C Adapter and then remove all of the memory and turn the system on, it should beep or blink for no memory detected then turn it off by unplugging the power to the system then install just one module in the first slot and turn it back on and see if you can get to the BIOS setup and load setup defaults.

• 4 months later...

Archived