Corsair Community

Can I connect RGB fan hub directly to the Commander Pro instead of Lightning Node Pro

Thorrior

I finally got all my parts to build the new PC and I've got a question about how to connect everything.

I've got the following items:

4 x QL 140 RGB fans (comes with Lightning Node Core)

1 x H150i RGB Pro XT

3 x LL 120 RGB fans to replace the original fans on the AiO (comes with RGB Hub and Lightning Node Pro)

1 x Commander Pro

That's a lot of controllers and hubs I have to deal with and a real challenge to get everything done nicely in my Phanteks Evolv X case which has 2 glass panels. So good cable management is mandatory.

Normally I would connect the QL fans to the Lightning Node Core and the LL Fans to the RGB Hub and Lightning Node Pro. I got the Commander Pro, because I need the extra internal USB headers (only got 2 on my Asus Crosshair VIII Hero). To save one USB header for possible further upgrades, can I connect the RGB Hub with the LL fans directly to one of the LED ports on the Commander Pro?

Thanks in advance for the answer.

P.S. Corsair should really have a unified interface for all their RGB devices. It's really painful to connect everything properly and do the cable management for so many devices.

Yes, you can connect the RGB Lighting Hub into either RGB channel 1 or 2 on the Commander. I don't see any need for the Lighting Node Pro in this build (as of now). You will need the RGB hub from the LL box to connect to the Commander.

If also doesn't matter if you put the QL on the RGB Hub + Commander and the LL on the Lighting Node Core or vice versa. Within CUE you will designate each device as either "QL x 4" or "LL x 3".