The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Cooling

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-01-2019, 02:04 AM
gonza010's PC Specs

POST ID # = 999752
gonza010 Reputation: 10

I am having a similar issue with my CORSAIR H100i RGB PLATINUM SE where my temps with no RGB lights idle at 30-32 C, but when i revert back to the default rainbow lights, the temp rises to 40-42 C. At the same time, my CPU (9700K) stays at 34C.
Attached Images
File Type: png temp1.PNG (540.2 KB, 51 views)
File Type: png temp2.PNG (538.5 KB, 49 views)

Old 04-28-2019, 04:32 PM

POST ID # = 1002852
B0n0 Reputation: 10

Same issue after update icue and H110i platinum firmware. My coolant temp goes to 60C-70C and the fans start to MAX when this happen. (Why if I have set a custom fan curve to stay at 35% fan load all the time?) I don't want my cooler doing noise every 5 minutes and I would want a solution...CPU temp still around 40-45C gaming so...

Old 04-28-2019, 09:58 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1002888
DevBiker Reputation: 94

Quote:
Originally Posted by B0n0 View Post
Same issue after update icue and H110i platinum firmware. My coolant temp goes to 60C-70C and the fans start to MAX when this happen. (Why if I have set a custom fan curve to stay at 35% fan load all the time?) I don't want my cooler doing noise every 5 minutes and I would want a solution...CPU temp still around 40-45C gaming so...
Does this happen with the lighting off?

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Helpful Links and FAQs:
AIO FAQ | RGB FAQ |
HydroX FAQ | RGB Cables |
iCUE Tips & Tricks

Old 04-29-2019, 04:44 AM

POST ID # = 1002928

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevBiker View Post
Does this happen with the lighting off?
With the light off, as I have now, temp is much lower...I'm testing but gaming the fan is not becoming crazy so...seems that the coolant temp is much lower with the lights off...I have opened a ticket...not sure if this is solved with a new hardware release or is only related to a firmware issue...

Old 04-29-2019, 06:57 AM
c-attack's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1002936
c-attack c-attack Reputation: 107

Quote:
Most others are reporting a temperature shift of 5-7C with high intensity lighting. If you are seeing something like +20-30C, that is a much bigger problem and it will make control next to impossible. Leave the lights off and find out exactly where you coolant temperature rests at idle and load. I think the cooler needs to be replaced either way with a shift of that magnitude.

Old 04-29-2019, 09:23 AM
mc6415's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1002941
mc6415 Reputation: 10

I'm so glad I found this, I noticed my coolant temps going up to almost 40*c which had me worried, then I turned the lights off and it went back to around 30-31*c lower if I don't run OC'd and thought I was going mad as surely the lights couldn't be doing anything?

Found this post and got confirmation that I wasn't going crazy!

Old 04-29-2019, 10:26 AM

POST ID # = 1002946

Quote:
Originally Posted by c-attack View Post
Most others are reporting a temperature shift of 5-7C with high intensity lighting. If you are seeing something like +20-30C, that is a much bigger problem and it will make control next to impossible. Leave the lights off and find out exactly where you coolant temperature rests at idle and load. I think the cooler needs to be replaced either way with a shift of that magnitude.
So is bad? Fans and pump are working, this is broken after the firmware + icue update. Case has space to work well so..I don't know what to do..I bought in amazon, maybe I can return of do a RMA with corsair.

Old 04-29-2019, 11:15 AM
c-attack's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1002950

Quote:
So is bad? Fans and pump are working, this is broken after the firmware + icue update. Case has space to work well so..I don't know what to do..I bought in amazon, maybe I can return of do a RMA with corsair.
It doesn't sound like the actually pump or cooler is bad. If you are seeing 45C CPU temps and the coolant/H100i Platinum Temp reads 60C, then it's the coolant sensor that is wonky and not an actual cooling issue. However, what you see in the post above is more typical of what others see. A +5C shift can be programmed into the fan curve and it is workable. +30C is not and it renders both your fan control and data monitoring useless. As I understand it, the issue is sensor location in proximity to the LEDs. It's too close and the small amount of heat is affecting the reading. I might guess your T-sensor is actually touching the LED and thus the incredible temperature readings.

You can certainly RMA it through Corsair and you have already taken the first steps by opening the ticket. Amazon is typically very easy to do returns with if you are a Prime member and it would be tough for anyone to beat that efficiency. Either way, if you really are seeing coolant temp in the 50-70C range, that cooler needs to go back.

Old 04-29-2019, 03:18 PM

POST ID # = 1002984

Quote:
It doesn't sound like the actually pump or cooler is bad. If you are seeing 45C CPU temps and the coolant/H100i Platinum Temp reads 60C, then it's the coolant sensor that is wonky and not an actual cooling issue. However, what you see in the post above is more typical of what others see. A +5C shift can be programmed into the fan curve and it is workable. +30C is not and it renders both your fan control and data monitoring useless. As I understand it, the issue is sensor location in proximity to the LEDs. It's too close and the small amount of heat is affecting the reading. I might guess your T-sensor is actually touching the LED and thus the incredible temperature readings.

You can certainly RMA it through Corsair and you have already taken the first steps by opening the ticket. Amazon is typically very easy to do returns with if you are a Prime member and it would be tough for anyone to beat that efficiency. Either way, if you really are seeing coolant temp in the 50-70C range, that cooler needs to go back.
Thanks c-attack.

Hmm I can rma on amazon but I'm worried if the send me the same HW revision of the cooler. Maybe corsair can send an updated version with the issue fixed...don't know...

UPDATE: My coolant temp when gaming for example escape from tarkov (a bit demanding game) is around 55C-60C with the lights off. If I turn the light...you know...and also sometimes is dropping to 30C, so...not sure if is the sensor or not. Think yes.

Last edited by B0n0; 04-29-2019 at 03:55 PM.

Old 04-29-2019, 05:01 PM
c-attack's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1002996

Quote:

UPDATE: My coolant temp when gaming for example escape from tarkov (a bit demanding game) is around 55C-60C with the lights off.

If the coolant temperature on the H100i Platinum tab is reaching 50-60C with the lights off, then there may be an additional issue as well. If true, your CPU temperature should be up in the 90s. You did not mention that, so I am more prone to think you have a bad sensor or mislaid sensor above and beyond the LED issue.

I was under the impression this temp thing is a physical issue and not a firmware or software problem. Whether or not you get it from Corsair or Amazon is up to you. I do not know if you would get a different "version" of the product from one or the other. I do think the one you have needs to go back.

Old 04-29-2019, 05:59 PM

POST ID # = 1003003

Quote:
If the coolant temperature on the H100i Platinum tab is reaching 50-60C with the lights off, then there may be an additional issue as well. If true, your CPU temperature should be up in the 90s. You did not mention that, so I am more prone to think you have a bad sensor or mislaid sensor above and beyond the LED issue.

I was under the impression this temp thing is a physical issue and not a firmware or software problem. Whether or not you get it from Corsair or Amazon is up to you. I do not know if you would get a different "version" of the product from one or the other. I do think the one you have needs to go back.
You are right, CPU temp is ok while the coolant temp is high...so yes...seems a bad sensor... :(

Old 12-05-2019, 05:37 PM
CmdrVOODOO's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1026435
CmdrVOODOO Reputation: 10

Quote:
I am having literally the same problem with the H100i Platinum and have my settings pretty much the same as you. I think I have the fans to go between 30% to 45% depending on temp, but other than that the same setting and same problems. Within seconds I will go from 32 to 60-70 degrees suddenly with fans ramping to max stay like that for normally a few minutes and then it will go back down from 68c to 32c (for example) 5 seconds later like nothing ever happened.

It does it randomly under load and not under load. My CPU is being cooled fine still, but it has to be something with the sensor.