The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Corsair Link

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 09-14-2014, 10:34 PM
nh_790's PC Specs

POST ID # = 727844
nh_790 Reputation: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by wytnyt View Post
if your basing your curve off the cpu,,erratic fan speed is common which is why basing it off the water temp is recommended ..
theres no way to set an accurate cpu curve simply because different programs produce different heat and loads.
I think I would agree water temps should be a better option but i have avoided it for 2 reasons:

1- the water temp in the h100 (or mine at least) doesn't vary much. I go from 28c or so at idle and never above 35 or 36 during extended prime 95 test (with fans at 1100 rpm, which is quiet enough i dont hear them) That may be simply because the cooler is doing its job, but i'm not sure i want to set a curve with data points that are only 1 or 2 degrees apart.

2- if you wait till the water gets hot to start cooling it (or start cooling it more aggressively via higher radiator fan speeds) it would seem to me that the cooling system has to dig itself out of a hole so to speak. It seems it makes more sense to measure the heat source and keep the water from heating up in the fist place. If my CPU starts getting hot i want to start cooling it as much as possible right away, and not wait till it heats some water first.

wytnyt, could you share your setup and configuration and the logic you used to get to that setup? are you in fact using a 1 or 2 degree change in water temp for the next point to spin the fans up? What are your min/max?

Old 09-14-2014, 10:51 PM
`~~`
wytnyt's PC Specs

POST ID # = 727846
wytnyt wytnyt Reputation: 159
Send a message via ICQ to wytnyt Send a message via AIM to wytnyt Send a message via Yahoo to wytnyt Send a message via Skype™ to wytnyt

when your cpu temp spikes due to a load,obviously it can be very erratic depending on its instant load
nothing will actually bring it down unless there's a load reduction,however the water combined with the fans help to reduce an increase in temps.
using the water temp as a trigger means using a tighter set of increments which work very well
even a 1 degree difference will ramp up fans in tenths ,,look below for a rough graph

say 35 degrees is the set rpm of 700
say 36 degrees and fan rpm is 1700

35.0 fan spins at 700
35.1 fan spins at 800
35.2 fan spins at 900
till 36 degrees is reached and fan set of 1700 rpm's is reached

look at my signature,this shows my hydro's and curve setups for my hydro's along with a few vids of the curves working...

Old 09-15-2014, 07:21 AM

POST ID # = 727876
Oakley999 Reputation: 10

I thought it would be better because like I said i think my water temp generally gets hotter just for having my pc on.

Old 09-18-2014, 03:42 PM

POST ID # = 728581
Oakley999 Reputation: 10

Anyone got any thoughts on this curve? What do h100i temps range from? Like from lowest (idle) to highest (during gaming) Thanks.

http://imgur.com/Ajh9t8R

Tags
cooling, cpu, fans, h100i, temperature