Corsair Community

Asus RTX3080 and icue?

MADRGB

Specifically the rog strix rtx 3080 oc. Im getting mine tomorrow and am curious to hear if anyone have already tested if this is recognized in Icue?

I know Corsair discretely added Asus GPU support, but I cant find any info as if there are model/series limitations to the support.

Edited by MADRGB

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Specifically the rog strix rtx 3080 oc. Im getting mine tomorrow and am curious to hear if anyone have already tested if this is recognized in Icue?

There is probably only 3 lucky 3080 strix owners so far, so your chances to get answer are pretty slim. ;):

There is probably only 3 lucky 3080 strix owners so far, so your chances to get answer are pretty slim. ;):

Naah, I know supply is limited, but my local, very local, hardware pusher here in Denmark have already shipped 160 pcs just of this model, and they're a small player globally :-) So someone out there must have tried this.

Just to confirm you need asus mobo in order to have your asus gpu recognized right? This would not work on my msi mobo?

Cant tell. I have an Asus mobo. However, can confirm now that it also works for me. What is dissapoiting though is that it doesnt recognize the ligthing on the card as ARGB. When setting in Icue its just recognized as one single zone :-(

Cant tell. I have an Asus mobo. However, can confirm now that it also works for me. What is dissapoiting though is that it doesnt recognize the ligthing on the card as ARGB. When setting in Icue its just recognized as one single zone :-(

I did not know that... It’s the software going to be updated or is it an hardware limitation?

I did not know that... It’s the software going to be updated or is it an hardware limitation?

Good question. I asked directly about this in another thread.

I cant imagine theres a hardware limitation. Icue supports ARGB on the Asus mobos and that support is model specific, so same thing should be possible with the VGA cards.

I got my Strix 3080 and it's single zone in iCUE -- please for the love of god Corsair, support it as addressable. I understand the reasoning behind an ARGB header on a motherboard.... but on the GPU it's all Asus anyway, I am not hooking up third party lighting to the card and circumventing a Corsair purchase.

• 3 months later...
The ARGB bar cannot be even adressed by the trash Asus Software ARMOURY CRATE. One of the biggest garbage software I've ever seen. I'm so dissappointed from Asus. The AC Software is bloating the System so hard that it's loosing much performance. I noticed that during multiple Benchmarks. I reinstalled my whole system and I do NOT want to install Armoury Crate ever again. The iCue Software is just perfect but unfortunately I cannot adress the ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 3080 OC and my Asus ROG STRIX 570-E Gaming Mainboard at all. Is it somehow possible without installing anything of the Asus trash?

• Corsair Employee
The ARGB bar cannot be even adressed by the trash Asus Software ARMOURY CRATE. One of the biggest garbage software I've ever seen. I'm so dissappointed from Asus. The AC Software is bloating the System so hard that it's loosing much performance. I noticed that during multiple Benchmarks. I reinstalled my whole system and I do NOT want to install Armoury Crate ever again. The iCue Software is just perfect but unfortunately I cannot adress the ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 3080 OC and my Asus ROG STRIX 570-E Gaming Mainboard at all. Is it somehow possible without installing anything of the Asus trash?

No you will not be able to utilize the iCUE integration for Asus motherboards and GPUs without the Asus software since it is necessary for the Asus provided plugin to communicate with those services that the Asus software installs in order to control the lighting in iCUE.

• 1 month later...
  • Corsair Employee
I've just updated all software. I now have control over each little RGB - but only half of it. So I currently have control of half of my RGB in the 3080 Strix. Any fixes?

Make sure both the iCUE and Asus software is fully updated. If they are, you will need to contact Asus support for assistance as the iCUE software is only able to control what the Asus provided plugin pulls from the Asus lighting services.

Jeah i can confirm that with my 3070 ROG Strix , since the newest update (trough Armory crate) i can select 10 LEDS on the card in ICUE (before the whole card only showed 1 LED)

But if i select all 10 LED only the 10 Right ones light up and the left half stays black.

Seems like Asus wanted to improve the integration but something went wrong

Jeah i can confirm that with my 3070 ROG Strix , since the newest update (trough Armory crate) i can select 10 LEDS on the card in ICUE (before the whole card only showed 1 LED)

But if i select all 10 LED only the 10 Right ones light up and the left half stays black.

Seems like Asus wanted to improve the integration but something went wrong

I am having the same issue. Only the right side of my ROG Strix 3080 is controllable. It is driving me crazy! Has anyone found a fix? Thank you.

• Corsair Employee
I am having the same issue. Only the right side of my ROG Strix 3080 is controllable. It is driving me crazy! Has anyone found a fix? Thank you.

Make sure your Asus software is updated and try a clean install of the iCUE software. If the issue persists you will need to contact Asus for further support as iCUE is only able to control what the Asus provided plugin pulls in from the Asus lighting services.

You are going to need to refer to my post before your reply.

I contacted Asus support and they are about as much help as Corsair. I installed everything on a fresh install of windows 10 and the problem is still there. If anyone has a solution please let me know. This is driving me CRAZY! When I contacted Asus they acted like I was speaking a language from another planet. They had not a clue other than to do a clean install. I have done that 3 times now. Same problem! All of my drivers, bios and software are up to date. I believe the Asus GPU plugin is broken but not sure who or how to get it fixed.

• Corsair Employee
I contacted Asus support and they are about as much help as Corsair. I installed everything on a fresh install of windows 10 and the problem is still there. If anyone has a solution please let me know. This is driving me CRAZY! When I contacted Asus they acted like I was speaking a language from another planet. They had not a clue other than to do a clean install. I have done that 3 times now. Same problem! All of my drivers, bios and software are up to date. I believe the Asus GPU plugin is broken but not sure who or how to get it fixed.

The iCUE software is only able to control the LEDs that the Asus developed and provided plugin is reporting. The plugin pulls that information from the Asus lighting services that are installed by Armoury Crate and run in the system background at all times when installed. A fix for this issue would have to be provided by Asus because either their plugin needs to be updated by them, or they need to resolve the underlying issue in Armoury Crate.

The iCUE software is only able to control the LEDs that the Asus developed and provided plugin is reporting. The plugin pulls that information from the Asus lighting services that are installed by Armoury Crate and run in the system background at all times when installed. A fix for this issue would have to be provided by Asus because either their plugin needs to be updated by them, or they need to resolve the underlying issue in Armoury Crate.

The problem is ASUS support has no idea what I am talking about! If I could get in contact with the right person from Asus, I think they would be able to resolve the issue in an update. The problem is Asus support is not going to do that for me! All they keep telling me is to do a clean install. That is not the problem. I can not get that through their head!

Hello,

There is clearly an issue with the strix RTX 30X0.

I received my strix 3090 one week ago, everything was running fine, i could sync all RGB with my corsair case, ...

I did the driver update by nvidia through Geforce Experience today, and half left of my strix is no more controllable through iCue. So I tried to uninstall everything, unplugged graphic card, ..., revert back to old nvidia drivers, ... But nothing is working and it used to work.

There is clearly an issue, either on iCue or Asus side, how do we fix this ?

Hello,

There is clearly an issue with the strix RTX 30X0.

I received my strix 3090 one week ago, everything was running fine, i could sync all RGB with my corsair case, ...

I did the driver update by nvidia through Geforce Experience today, and half left of my strix is no more controllable through iCue. So I tried to uninstall everything, unplugged graphic card, ..., revert back to old nvidia drivers, ... But nothing is working and it used to work.

There is clearly an issue, either on iCue or Asus side, how do we fix this ?

I contacted Asus customer Support about this. Looks like the last Asus Plugin Update broke the integration. They forwarded the case to their developer team, guess we need to wait for a fix

I contacted Asus customer Support about this. Looks like the last Asus Plugin Update broke the integration. They forwarded the case to their developer team, guess we need to wait for a fix

Glad to hear. I have been emailing Asus support for 2 days now going in circles. They kept telling me I needed to do a "clean install" of Armoury CRATE. I told them 34687 times that would not fix the issue and that the ASUS GPU Plugin needed to be fixed. Happy to hear you talked to someone who didn't give you the runaround! Fingers are crossed that it will be fixed soon.