Corsair Community

iCue not seeing Commander Pro

technochitlin

Both 3.34.161 and 3.34.170 do not recognize my Commander Pro. If roll back to 3.32.80 iCue sees my Commander Pro, but now none of my scripts work as they have been "updated". I have around 50 scripts, and really don't wish to recreate all of them, so can you please release some fixed software that will both read my scripts AND see the Commander Pro?

i had the same with 3.34.170 - i uninstalled all the ASUS crap and services then re-installed 3.34.161 and all is working although since it take an Age to load the GUI initially

Can you elaborate on what "Asus crap and services" you are talking about? I have a Asus mobo and want to try this

Just got a detailed email from Corsair on how to roll back to 3.32.80 - but I already tried that, it will not load my profiles which were all updated by 3.34.170! So I am back to square one- surely they know this is an issue. At least tell me how to modify my profiles so the earlier version can once again load them!

Just got a detailed email from Corsair on how to roll back to 3.32.80 - but I already tried that, it will not load my profiles which were all updated by 3.34.170! So I am back to square one- surely they know this is an issue. At least tell me how to modify my profiles so the earlier version can once again load them!

Unfortunately you cannot. Once you load up to a new version, the profiles are converted to 3.xx format to match. They are not backwards compatible. If you have to roll back, you also need to re-import all your profiles and do the settings too. The files are still there, but CUE cannot read them.

Did your Commander come back on 3.32?

Unfortunately you cannot. Once you load up to a new version, the profiles are converted to 3.xx format to match. They are not backwards compatible. If you have to roll back, you also need to re-import all your profiles and do the settings too. The files are still there, but CUE cannot read them.

Did your Commander come back on 3.32?

Yes, the Commander came back on 3.32.80, but I'd rather have usable profiles so I went back to 3.34.170, even though the lights on my computer are only red now since it doesn't see the Commander.

I'm assuming you meant RE-CREATE all the profiles, not re-import them, as iCue won't let me do that.

No, you need to start exporting any profile of value, just like you would back up any other data. Those are also stamped with the version used to create them, but you can re-import them. The other way to do this is to make a copy of the entire C:User/(name)/App Data/Roaming/Corsair folder. This useful for quick escapes back to a previous version, but not a long term solution. You need to keep them in folders or in some way that identifies the version number.

Normally I tell people to delete their user settings when prompted on roll back. I suggest you do not or that profile data will be unrecoverable. Perhaps contact Corsair Support and explain the position you’re in. Maybe there is another version available with a later version number to get you out of this.

Hmmm... that’s weird the Commander is dropping out between those versions. Nothing should be changing with that device at this point and I didn’t loose it on 3.33 or 3.34. Must be another factor involved. I’m on an Asus MB as well, so I don’t think that’s it.

No, you need to start exporting any profile of value, just like you would back up any other data. Those are also stamped with the version used to create them, but you can re-import them. The other way to do this is to make a copy of the entire C:User/(name)/App Data/Roaming/Corsair folder. This useful for quick escapes back to a previous version, but not a long term solution. You need to keep them in folders or in some way that identifies the version number.

Normally I tell people to delete their user settings when prompted on roll back. I suggest you do not or that profile data will be unrecoverable. Perhaps contact Corsair Support and explain the position you’re in. Maybe there is another version available with a later version number to get you out of this.

Hmmm... that’s weird the Commander is dropping out between those versions. Nothing should be changing with that device at this point and I didn’t loose it on 3.33 or 3.34. Must be another factor involved. I’m on an Asus MB as well, so I don’t think that’s it.

I fairly religiously export all my profiles, but when I try to import them to an earlier version of iCue I get the error "The profile selected is from a newer version of ICUE and cannot be Imported." So I would have to re-create them from scratch.

I think in the future I'll just make a copy of my exported profiles folder before updating iCue. That does not solve my present problem though.