Corsair Community

Best way to backlight the monitor

foxpur

You can just buy w2812b led RGB strip addressable. And stick to the back of your Monitor. And you can connect to the motherboard or to Corsair lighning node pro or to controller pro and use in iCue. In Asus Aura you can use up to 100 LEDs for sure I don't know the exact amount. On iCue you can control from one socket 40 leds. But in aura, you can use sound animation. In Icue not. But in Icue you have more features. f.e. you can make what the bottom of your monitor will light blue top red f.e. in Asus you can't. Sorry for English.

As for me 1st I was using Arduino with like ambient features. Later I have a MotherBoard with Gigabyte light system. Forgot name. Now I have nzxt2 ambient its like compromise between motherboard soft and iCue. If you wish you can select individual LEDs and use music if not just make ambient lighting. I wish iCue (Corsair) will make something one day. But I think they will release separate module for this with led strip overpriced 146%.

There are various ways to get lighting "outside the box".

One solution is to have a second, small PSU and a standard mini USB cable for the Lighting Node Pro. Something along these lines: [ame]

[/ame].

Another solution is to have the Lighting Node Pro inside the box and then take one of the Corsair extension cables and run it to the back of the machine. You can the hook it through some kind of opening in the case - a USB PCIe bracket with the ports removed, for example. You'd then need to have extension cables to take it to your monitor. You'd need to make or buy some longer cables. See the link for making cables in my signature. Note that you'll need lower gauge wire for longer runs to reduce voltage drop due to resistance.

Archived