Corsair Community

K63 Wireless Keyboard won't work with PS5

I bought a K63 wireless keyboard / lapboard combo so I could play mouse and keyboard compatible games with my PS5, and it doesn't work. The only keys that register are the left control key and the shift keys, which I'm able to bind to various functions in Call of Duty. But nothing else works, neither in game or in the PS5 UI.

I tested the keyboard with other hardware -- my laptop and home PC -- and the K63 works just fine there. The issue presents on PS5 whether it's connected by the wireless dongle, Bluetooth, or via direct USB connection. My other wireless keyboard (a Logitech keyboard/touchpad combo) seems to work just fine. Updated firmware to 3.13 and saw no change.

Anybody else running into this issue or figure out a solution?

• Corsair Employee
I bought a K63 wireless keyboard / lapboard combo so I could play mouse and keyboard compatible games with my PS5, and it doesn't work. The only keys that register are the left control key and the shift keys, which I'm able to bind to various functions in Call of Duty. But nothing else works, neither in game or in the PS5 UI.

I tested the keyboard with other hardware -- my laptop and home PC -- and the K63 works just fine there. The issue presents on PS5 whether it's connected by the wireless dongle, Bluetooth, or via direct USB connection. My other wireless keyboard (a Logitech keyboard/touchpad combo) seems to work just fine. Updated firmware to 3.13 and saw no change.

Anybody else running into this issue or figure out a solution?

Officially our keyboards and mice are not supported for Playstation consoles. There are user guides like the one above, but we can't guarantee compatibility.

• 4 months later...
This is super disappointing. I just bought the K63 and the Lapboard to use with my PS5 because the product is marketed as “living room gaming ready”. Bah, no it’s not! To learn that it doesn’t work with the PS5 because Corsair doesn't want to put in the effort (considers it a desktop only keyboard) is super discouraging and indicates Corsair is out of touch with “living room gaming”. I’ve been a long time user of Corsair but this is a huge turn off.

This is super disappointing. I just bought the K63 and the Lapboard to use with my PS5 because the product is marketed as “living room gaming ready”. Bah, no it’s not! To learn that it doesn’t work with the PS5 because Corsair doesn't want to put in the effort (considers it a desktop only keyboard) is super discouraging and indicates Corsair is out of touch with “living room gaming”. I’ve been a long time user of Corsair but this is a huge turn off.

Exactly! It does work great when you're plugging your PC into your living room TV, which I was doing or a while. I would really love to use this for FFXIV on PS5 though. The PS5 has replaced my PC, so the lapboard itself is unfortunately a paper weight. I'm at least getting use out of the K63 in my home recording studio, but that's not really what I want to use it for.

I figured Corsair would eventually listen and put out a firmware update to allow this to be used on PS4 and PS5, but nope! It's been years of customers complaining about this and we haven't heard anything.

• 1 month later...

Joined the forum to also express my disappointment that this keyboard (and as a result, lapboard) doesn't work with PS5. Wouldn't that be the prime reason for purchasing it, to play in a living room with a console? Beyond belief really. Now I have to see whether I can return it.

Yes I tried the BIOS trick which sometimes works, sometimes doesn't.