Corsair Community

Scimitar macro press/release issue

Treadpool

I have a simple macro set to the G4 button on my Scimitar that presses and releases the left mouse button. I have it press, then 30ms pause, release, then 30ms pause. With advanced settings enabled, I have it at this:

Action Trigger - While Pressed

Action Repeat - Constantly

Delay 30ms

It seems to keep running the script even when I lift off the G4 button. Guns keep firing and screen selections start going bonkers. Is there a way to have it check if the button is still pressed and end the macro if it isn't?

As a side note, I've tried rolling back to previous versions and it hasn't made a difference. Currently on 2.15.83.

tctd.cueprofile

I have a simple macro set to the G4 button on my Scimitar that presses and releases the left mouse button. I have it press, then 30ms pause, release, then 30ms pause. With advanced settings enabled, I have it at this:

Action Trigger - While Pressed

Action Repeat - Constantly

Delay 30ms

It seems to keep running the script even when I lift off the G4 button. Guns keep firing and screen selections start going bonkers. Is there a way to have it check if the button is still pressed and end the macro if it isn't?

As a side note, I've tried rolling back to previous versions and it hasn't made a difference. Currently on 2.15.83.

Instead of using separate macro actions to press and release the left mouse button, insert a single macro action to click the left mouse button. This is more efficient, and you will not risk having the macro interrupted between the mouse down and mouse up events--having a mouse (or key) down without lifting it can cause autorepeat to make your computer think the button (or key) is stuck mashed down.

attachment.php?attachmentid=30461&stc=1&d=1501384101

click.thumb.png.5ff4782654bea53ca783b8eea9d43b55.png

2 ms delay is a bit short; I usually specify a random delay between 167 and 200 ms; you don't want to overrun your system buffers, and using random delay keeps some game engines from blocking your actions as a constant 2 ms delay will look like a bot. (To determine a good delay, I recommend that you time yourself doing a series of repetitive mouse clicks, and use your own timing; anything faster than you can do is a crutch that may bite you later.)

2 ms delay is a bit short; I usually specify a random delay between 167 and 200 ms; you don't want to overrun your system buffers' date=' and using random delay keeps some game engines from blocking your actions as a constant 2 ms delay will look like a bot. (To determine a good delay, I recommend that you time yourself doing a series of repetitive mouse clicks, and use your own timing; anything faster than you can do is a crutch that may bite you later.)[/quote']

Completely agree about the delay. When I record the macro and click on my own it's around 80-90ms. I've tried 100ms before and it's very very slow in-game. Much slower than when I click on my own, so not sure why that is.

Archived