Corsair Community

Corsair H80i/H100i Driver Guide (Windows 7 - Part1)

Ripshod

Before installing the CorsairLink software or updating firmware it's essential we make sure your device is recognised correctly by Windows

When installed correctly these units show in device manager as 2 devices. 'USB Input Device' and 'HID-compliant device'. Both will have the hardware ID 'HID\VID_1B1C&PID_0C04' or 'HID\VID_1B1C&PID_0C04&REV_0200'. Check these are both installed or you won't get anywhere.

Brief explanation:

'USB Input Device' is the comms part, providing communications between the cooler and your system. Shows in CorsairLink as 'Corsair Hydro USB'.

'HID-compliant device' is the control part for cooler itself. It's usually this part that fails to install correctly.

If the HID device part hasn't installed you'll probably get the warning triangle next to the 'USB input device'. If you get this with no 'unknown device' then Windows is not seeing your cooler correctly. Reboot may fix it, or changing USB ports - try a normal USB cable with MINI B (mobile phone etc) in one of your rear USBs, also try removing all other USB devices (apart from keyboard/mouse) and reboot. Also try booting without the Hydro's USB connected and then plug it in when the system has booted and settled .If these tips don't make any difference then make a post in this topic and we'll try to help you. There's no point installing CorsairLink until this particular issue is resolved. See Note 2

This issue has come up a few times now, even had it myself with my first H100i. This is for Windows 7. I have no experience with Windows 8 so perhaps someone else can pop in and explain that for us.

Corsair haven't made it clear so I will. The drivers included with the CorsairLink software are for AXi PSUs (Corsair USB Dongle) only. I'm not blaming anyone or flaming (although Corsair themselves should explain it all) - this is intended to be a guide on how to avoid the driver issues.

First, code 10.

If you have the '!' warning triangle next to 'Corsair USB Dongle' in device manager then right click it and select 'Uninstall'. Put a tick in the 'Delete the driver software for this device' box and click 'OK'. **See Note 1

Reboot.

Go into device manager and find the 'unknown device'. If it's not there then Windows has already installed it with the correct drivers.

To confirm this takes a while but is 100% proof the Hydro is installed correctly:

1. Right click the first HID-compliant device and select 'Properties'

2. Select the 'Details' tab

3. Click on the drop down 'Property' box (should already say 'Device description') and select 'Hardware Ids'

4. You're looking for 'HID\VID_1B1C&PID_0C04' or 'HID\VID_1B1C&PID_0C04&REV_0200'

5. Repeat for every HID-compliant device in the list, until you find it.

If you can't find it there, confirm there is no 'Corsair' hardware installed (unless you use the USB dongle with your AXi PSU)

If it's still not there you have an issue that I'll cover later.

Now. How do I get the correct drivers?

Windows Update will do it for you, though the option is disabled by default.

To enable automatic driver downloads:

1. Go into the control Panel

2. Go 'Hardware and Sound'

3. Go 'Devices and Printers'

4. Right click the device with your computer's name on it (I know, looks nothing like a PC)

5. Select 'Device installation settings'

6. In the pop up window select 'Yes, do this automatically (recommended)' and 'Save Changes'

7. Pop back into Device manager

8. Right click the 'Unknown device' or whatever it's listed as.

9. Select 'Update Driver Software'.

10. Click on 'Search automatically for updated driver software'

Windows should now automatically download the drivers and install for you. If it doesn't, run Windows Update. You might have to replug your hydro for this, especially if you have other USB hardware connected.

**Note 1

If you have an AXi PSU with the dongle installed this step may remove it from your system. No worries. Reinstall it now. Browse to 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Corsair\CorsairLink 2\Drivers' for 64bit or C:\Program Files\Corsair\CorsairLink 2\Drivers' for 32bit and run 'CorsairUsbDongle.exe'. Reboot. If you then get the '!' warning triangle with code 10 then another USB device is stopping the drivers installing correctly. *note* The latest versions of the software still install this driver but for some reason I don't find the installer in these folders any more, nor anywhere else. May mean a full reinstall to fix.

**Note 2

New info (added January 23rd)

If you are not already aware motherboards come with several USB Hubs built in. After my investigations I've come to realize a few things. These coolers don't like sharing a hub. Other than going into device manager and checking out every hub the only way to make sure is to just keep shuffling things about til it works 100% (That is: recognised on every single boot and working with the CorsairLink software)

Like I said, the included drivers will not work for H100i/H80i coolers.

This is a work in progress and will grow as I get more information.

That's it for now, more to follow later. I'll be adding to this post.

If you have any questions/problems regarding drivers for the Hydros please ask in this topic.

Good luck peeps!!

Hardware with known issues:

USB Logictech k300 Keyboard - Will cause HID drivers to drop out when flashing firmware (known cause of 'Bricked' units) and can stop CorsairLink seeing your cooler.

Corsair K90 Keyboard - as above

Corsair M90 Mouse - as above

**NEW** Corsair Vengeance USB headphones (particularly 1500 but affects all the USB) - as above

**NEW** Corsair M95 Mouse (confirmed at higher Report Rates) - as above

(turning out to be a lot of Corsair hardware)

Mods and Dons please add any hardware here ;)

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey Z1nCmoAr's:

I note you're running Windows 8. Unfortunately the CorsairLink software is not compatible with windows 8.

Try:

Shut down and remove all power from your PC for 10 minutes, and boot up again.

Try a different port on USB port on your motherboard. try a standard mini USB B lead to one of your rear ports.

Can also try running CorsairLink in Windows 7 mode, or as admin, or both

Tried different USB Ports, removed/reinstalled the CL Software, also the verison 2.1.1./2.2.0, also tried antoher USB Cable, tried running CL in Admin mode and W7 mode ... nothing happened !

But what about shutting the computer down for 10 min. just deconnect the power cable of the PC or everything from the "back" ?!

Just power it down.

To be honest with you I can't see you getting any further until the new CorsairLink is released. I hope to God it's compatible with Windows 8.

If the power down doesn't work plug the fans into the motherboard and use a utility called speedfan to control the fans. It's a fix for now. Keep the pump connected to the cpu fan header to protect against pump failure.

Just power it down.

To be honest with you I can't see you getting any further until the new CorsairLink is released. I hope to God it's compatible with Windows 8.

If the power down doesn't work plug the fans into the motherboard and use a utility called speedfan to control the fans. It's a fix for now. Keep the pump connected to the cpu fan header to protect against pump failure.

Didnt worked :sigh!:

Thanks, me too ! ^^

I've got a fan controller and the Fans i installed (2x Enermax Vegas Trio) are connected there at nearly full speed ..

The Pump is running and every day when i start the pc im hearing if the pump works ..

Ripshod, thanks very much for the information! Thanks to it, I was able to confirm that the :!: usb device was indeed my H100i. Further, I was able to get it listed as working by deleting the existing driver and following your instructions.

That said, sadly CL2 still doesn't seem to see my H100i. It sporadically sees the Hydro Series usb, but nothing "under" it. Perhaps I need to mess around with some alternate mini-usb cables and both internal headers and external ports, to see if I can get that darned firmware updated. Sounds like once that's done, things work better.

My H100i is pumping fluid and my temps are ok so far, but my fans are running fast all the time. I guess I'll go with a mobo-driven solution for the time being.

Thanks again!

JML

I got it to realize my H100i exists, by unplugging all other ubs items from my machine, so it has to be a usb conflict. So, I seem to be fine now, except... the LED has stopped working. It flashed briefly when I updated the firmware and once when I restarted the PC, but now it just sits dull and colorless.

JML

Hardware with known issues:

USB Logictech k300 Keyboard - Will cause HID drivers to drop out when flashing firmware (known cause of 'Bricked' units) and can stop CorsairLink seeing your cooler.

Mods and Dons please add any hardware here ;)

I've read this today....just a question as i have the red led not working after flashing 1.0.4 firmware. I have a Logitech wireless K350 keyboard...could it be the cause?

Yesterday I had a blue screen after the SW kept pluggin and unpluggin itself in the usb header even changing header it was keep doing the same issue till blue screen. Today it is running fine again.

I wonder if the K350 is causing issue in CL and if yes what should I do when flashing new firmware....if Corsair finally ever will put it online?

USB issues can cause all sorts of problems.

What happens if you boot without the keyboard?

Try unplugging the cooler from the usb, reboot and plug it in again while in windows.

You will need to get this issue sorted before attempting to flash any firmware. If the drivers were to drop out mid-flash it'll brick your cooler for sure.

New units are shipping with the new 1.0.5 firmware. Won't be long now ;)

USB issues can cause all sorts of problems.

What happens if you boot without the keyboard?

Try unplugging the cooler from the usb, reboot and plug it in again while in windows.

You will need to get this issue sorted before attempting to flash any firmware. If the drivers were to drop out mid-flash it'll brick your cooler for sure.

Since Xmas 2012 it has happened only yesterday....today it worked all day fine. I really hope 1.0.5 will be out now..and will fix led issues

I hope your right.

My H100i has had the high pitch problem since I installed it a couple of weeks ago but it has recently developed a weird problem where the fans rev up randomly for a few seconds then stop.

i got really lost today at the forums, i had some problems with CL but the cooler itself never caused any troubles, though i'd really appreciate if someone can answer this to me. Is the 1.0.5 FW update going to fix The high pitch for the H80i or is the firmware for the H100i only?

Hi Ripshod

In the panel and printer perihperique I have Integrated USB Bridge.

I try a lot of things but nothing solution the problem I do not Corsairh80i that appears in the list of materials ...

But Corsair Link software works and recognize my h80i the problem is that when it flashed will I fear that the blocks because it is not recognized correctly in device manager.

Do you have an idea?

760466401_IntegratedUsbBridge.png.c3cc19b0d06a14c1c5921ed417c89c57.png

GP.png.eaa0c5967503636eb18b9f87ddd68476.png

It is recognised correctly or the Link software would not see it. You will not see 'Corsair Link USB' listed anywhere because it uses Microsoft's default HID drivers.

If you'd read through the first post of this topic as intended you would know this.

Archived