Corsair Community

[Bug] iCUE: Corsair Commander GPU Temp Sensor Missing

KnightSirius

Hi Corsair-Peeps,

Made an account here due to an annoying bug I encountered.

When using the Corsair Commander Pro through iCUE (not sure if this is an issue in LINK) you are not able to have Intel Graphics enabled and use temperature monitoring on your dedicated GPU. iCUE will only show the intel sensor when Intel Graphics is enabled in the BIOS. Disabling it in the BIOS makes it so iCUE shows the dedicated graphics temperature sensor again. (In my case this is NVIDIA).

This is a problem if you wish to use Intel QuickSync as you must have Intel Graphics enabled in the BIOS for it to function.

I only noticed this now because I recently wanted to play around with QuickSync and noticed it broke my iCUE profile because the GPU sensor disappeared.

Hope to see that fixed in the next update!

Cheers! :hihi:

P.S.

A custom fan update period like MSI Afterburner has would also be great so I don't have to listen to my fans turn on and off when the temperature is teetering on the edge of my custom fan curve.

-- Extra Info --

Windows 10 Enterprise 64Bit

CPU: i7-4770K

GPU: GTX 780

iCUE Version: 3.8.91

Commander Pro Firmware: 0.8.210

Nope ... I enabled iGPU Multi-Monitor mode, making sure that the Primary Graphic Adapter was configured to the dGPU (PCIEX) and I'm seeing both.

Just to be clear on what you mean, you have Intel Graphics enabled in BIOS and regardless of if are using the Intel Graphics or your dGPU as your output, both sensors are always visible in iCUE?

If that is the case, then that is the behaviour I would expect.

However, I'm still only seeing Intel Graphics when I have it enabled in the BIOS. My dGPU simply isn't visible when it's enabled regardless of if I have it outputting through iGPU Multi-Monitor or not.

Yup, Intel Graphics is enabled in the BIOS specifically as multi-monitor (this is required).

The discrete GPU is selected as the Primary Graphics Adapter (PCIExpress).

So ... check your settings. Make sure that the iGPU is selected in multi-monitor mode and the dGPU is specifically selected as the Primary.

Yup, Intel Graphics is enabled in the BIOS specifically as multi-monitor (this is required).

Hmm well there is no option in my BIOS to enable Intel Graphics specifically as multi-monitor. It's simply enabled or disabled entirely. Unless you mean in Windows, in which case that is already configured correctly.

As for my dGPU I believe in my BIOS it's called "initial display output" and I've always left it set to the PCIe lane where my dGPU is installed.

Hmm well there is no option in my BIOS to enable Intel Graphics specifically as multi-monitor. It's simply enabled or disabled entirely. Unless you mean in Windows, in which case that is already configured correctly.

As for my dGPU I believe in my BIOS it's called "initial display output" and I've always left it set to the PCIe lane where my dGPU is installed.

I think that the settings are, essential, the same. But ... yeah ... fun how different BIOSs have completely different terminology for the exact same setting.

Archived