The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Power Supplies

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-16-2019, 07:58 AM
kd276's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1011471
kd276 Reputation: 10
Default [Question] Corsair RM850i always disable 0 rpm fan

Hello, i have a question regarding this psu, since i have the psu slot on the top i prefer to have the fan always spin even in idle to drain the hot air outside, for this reason i noticed that i can disable the ZERO rpm fan with a button.

This is good but the question is, is this setting permament or everytime i swith off and switch on my pc i need to press this button again?

I don't want to install link software under windows to control the fan.

Thanks you if someone can clarify this point.

Old 07-17-2019, 01:57 PM

POST ID # = 1011601
corsican Reputation: 10

I've the RM750i (and the same sort of case with the new 'PSU at the top' design ie. Corsair Carbide 600q) and apparentlsettings are permanent

if you disable 0db mode in Corsair Link then uninstall Corsair Link then fan still spins in idle

and if you reboot (with or without uninstalling CLink) then fan is still spins

and if you reboot into another OS the fan still spins

in other words to re-enable 0db mode you've to reinstall CLink & reenable it from there

so maybe one of the Corsair engineers can confirm but apparently the settings are "remember" by the PSU itself

btw I left the PSU on/off switch to ON. I think if you remove the PSU (remove it from PC & unplug it from wall) and wait for a while the PSU "forgets" the custom settings & reverts to default 0db mode setting

tbh it'd be better if they just put a physical fan switch on the PSU itself (one of my 3 PSU's is a Seasonic & it has that fan mode switch 0db/hybrid)

Old 07-17-2019, 02:30 PM
kd276's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1011613

Quote:
Originally Posted by corsican View Post
I've the RM750i (and the same sort of case with the new 'PSU at the top' design ie. Corsair Carbide 600q) and apparentlsettings are permanent

if you disable 0db mode in Corsair Link then uninstall Corsair Link then fan still spins in idle

and if you reboot (with or without uninstalling CLink) then fan is still spins

and if you reboot into another OS the fan still spins

in other words to re-enable 0db mode you've to reinstall CLink & reenable it from there

so maybe one of the Corsair engineers can confirm but apparently the settings are "remember" by the PSU itself

btw I left the PSU on/off switch to ON. I think if you remove the PSU (remove it from PC & unplug it from wall) and wait for a while the PSU "forgets" the custom settings & reverts to default 0db mode setting

tbh it'd be better if they just put a physical fan switch on the PSU itself (one of my 3 PSU's is a Seasonic & it has that fan mode switch 0db/hybrid)
Yep, i noticed too, the Seasonic Fusion+ have the switch for the fan in the back, so no need to install crappy bloatware or tsr under windows to "remember" the settings.

Anyway thank you for the info, would be good to know if the setting is permament or not if i completely switch off from my home power the psu, but i have the feel that this setting working only via software and so under windows.

Old 07-26-2019, 09:47 PM

POST ID # = 1012695
corsican Reputation: 10

I did another test apparently switching off the PSU (even without unplugging it) is enough to make it revert to default settings

in other words you just need to keep the PSU on for it to remember settings (if there's a power outage then should also revert but I ain't got that prob cause I've a UPS)

Old 07-27-2019, 01:08 AM
kd276's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1012702

Quote:
Originally Posted by corsican View Post
I did another test apparently switching off the PSU (even without unplugging it) is enough to make it revert to default settings

in other words you just need to keep the PSU on for it to remember settings (if there's a power outage then should also revert but I ain't got that prob cause I've a UPS)
Thanks you mate, i expected this and unfortunately this is an issue for my small case so i opted for another brand with a physical switch.

Tags
fan always on, psu, rm850i