Corsair Community

H100i RGB Platinum SE & QL 120 RGB - not supported?

Kuestencoder

Hi,

I just built my new system. I bought in total 9 new QL 120 RGB fans, 2 of these should replace the stock fans of the H100i. After installing I noticed, that only one of the QL 120 RGB fans lighted up (rgb) when connected direct to the H100i cables. Also I changed the cables, to detect if the fan was damaged. But then the other fan lighted up and the first one didn't.

So my question. It is possible that the new QL 120 fans are not supported by the H100i because of more LEDs? Fans are running as set in icue, no problem here, just rgb. If so then the only option may be to use another rgb controller for these two fans, or just for the one, that will be another usb header i think?

Is it somehow possible to setup rgb effects for a group of more than 6 fans?

Best regards

Each QL fan has 35 LEDs. The LL fan you replaced has 16. The cooler maxes out at 2x16. Current is the limiting factor in most of these lighting applications and there is a reason it is offloaded onto those other power delivery devices. You will want to put the two radiator fans on Core device(s) with your other QL. That also makes them part of those groups for programming purposes.

No, you are capped at the 6 fan per unit group, regardless of fan type.