Corsair Community

Power supply plugs

Uriel_Dagda

I have a RMx 850 in my new build and is it just me, or do the plugs you plug into the back to plug the supply in just.... loose as heck? I noticed that on my last build and never had an issue with it. With this one, I just bumped it with a cord I was plugging into a USB port and my computer got unplugged.

It just feels like the end of the plug requires the prongs in the power supply to be twice the length. It just sits in there feeling like it can plop out at any time.

Am I the only one that's noticed this?

• Corsair Employee
My old Corsair one was the same way.

You just said it was worse:

I noticed that on my last build and never had an issue with it. With this one, I just bumped it with a cord I was plugging into a USB port and my computer got unplugged.

Anyway... Just make sure it's plugged in all the way. You're the first person I've heard complain about this.

Cable management, the endless struggle :)

You should be able to find long enough cables for connecting to the UPS, even on Amazon.

If you are comfortable with it you can even consider making your own cables. I made a similar one to connect my PC to a Furman rack unit, and needed a very short one precisely to avoid catching it accidentally.

2 IEC plugs and some cable at the DIY store costs pennies.