Corsair Community

Safe for HX 1000 to sit face down in an Antec 902?

3ug3n

The case is pretty ventilated and when I place my hand on the PSU after it's been stressed , the temperature is somewhere bearable to unbearable . Is that temperature normal for such a huge PSU? My dad says its a maximum of 50 degrees Celsius so it's fine.

There are 3 reasons for why I'm not facing it with the fan upwards :

-coil whine in games , the noise is reduced this way and the noise gets out only behind the exhaust grill

-clean cable management

-proper sticker position ( would I lose RMA if I reposition the "Corsair HX1000w"

sticker ? )

So what do you guys think?

PS: Yes I did RMA the PSU , got a new one thats 3 weeks younger than the old one and it's still noisy , not as noisy as the old one , but heh , and I really can't afford to RMA it directly to Corsair cuz that would cost me another 50 bucks , I've already spent 280 bucks on the PSU itself and 100 bucks on the phone bill after arguing for the RMA.

And RMAing this 2nd one is impossible as our romanian suppliers consider the noise NORMAL.

• Corsair Employee

The PSU is tested to supply its full rated output at temperatures up to 50 degrees Celsius. As long as the fan on the bottom of the PSU has access to air, then you should be fine. The only reason to flip the PSU and install it with the fan facing up is if the PSU sits flush with the bottom of the case and there is no vent to allow air to flow through the PSU.

Check this thread for advice on locating the source and cause of the noise you are hearing.

Archived