The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Power Supplies

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-12-2007, 12:27 PM
2crazy2furious's PC Specs

POST ID # = 316893
2crazy2furious Reputation: 10
Send a message via MSN to 2crazy2furious Send a message via Yahoo to 2crazy2furious
Default vx550 runs hot

hi all iam new to these fourms, i just baught a xv550 corsair psu, ive had it for for atleast a month now it seems to running ok, but i notice i few problems with it, for one my voltages are low in bios or windows, it show 5v 4.997, 12v. 11.983, to 12.032, if u ask me theres something worng there, i pulled my orginal bfg 7900gs out, and i put it in my old card just to test, that doesnt require no extra pci-e, now my 12 rail shows 11.968 to 11.904. strange i would of thought the 12v would of went up not down, my other thing i notice is when touch the back of the psu it runs warm to hot, i've owned lots of psu's before and i have to say i never in had a power supply get warm, i just upgraded from a OCZ stealth stream 600watt which i had less problems with, anyones help would be great thanks

Old 11-13-2007, 11:40 AM
Corsair Product Guru

POST ID # = 317038
RAM GUY Reputation: 10

If you are concerned about the voltages, I would suggest you test them with a meter as software voltage monitors can be unreliable. However, the variances you listed are within specifications.

Old 11-24-2007, 12:14 AM

POST ID # = 318858
gvHD Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2crazy2furious View Post
hi all iam new to these fourms, i just baught a xv550 corsair psu, ive had it for for atleast a month now it seems to running ok, but i notice i few problems with it, for one my voltages are low in bios or windows, it show 5v 4.997, 12v. 11.983, to 12.032, if u ask me theres something worng there, i pulled my orginal bfg 7900gs out, and i put it in my old card just to test, that doesnt require no extra pci-e, now my 12 rail shows 11.968 to 11.904. strange i would of thought the 12v would of went up not down, my other thing i notice is when touch the back of the psu it runs warm to hot, i've owned lots of psu's before and i have to say i never in had a power supply get warm, i just upgraded from a ******** stealth stream 600watt which i had less problems with, anyones help would be great thanks
Same thing with my VX550. Shows low voltages in windows. Probably software reading incorrectly. No worries. Works great.