Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Corsair Link

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-12-2017, 09:07 PM

POST ID # = 930286
yayrah Reputation: 10

Version of Corsair Link Software: v4.9.3.25

Version of Windows: Windows 10 Professional

Currently using AMD Chip set with Corsair Commander Pro and Lighting Node with five Corsair LL 120 RGB fans.

Issue: Corsair LL 120 RGB fans not lighting up.

Description of Issue: The issue is that four of my five Corsair LL 120 RGB fans are not lighting up. They are not being recognized by the Commander Pro. Only the first LL 120 fan is being recognized by the Commander Pro. All five fans are being powered but they are not lighting up.

Old 12-12-2017, 09:10 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 930287
DevBiker Reputation: 88

Quote:
Originally Posted by yayrah View Post
With this new update my corsair LL 120 fans have not been lighting up. Only one of my five fans are detectable and is lighting up. I do have an AMD chip set.
Are you using a Commander Pro?
Second, can you post a screen shot of your Link configuration?
Finally ... Link doesn't detect your fans; they need to be added manually. This has always been the case. Can you make sure that your fans are added to the appropriate RGB node AND configured as LL fans?

Old 12-12-2017, 09:16 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 930288

Quote:
Version of Corsair Link Software: v4.9.3.25

Version of Windows: Windows 10 Professional

Currently using AMD Chip set with Corsair Commander Pro and Lighting Node with five Corsair LL 120 RGB fans.

Issue: Corsair LL 120 RGB fans not lighting up.

Description of Issue: The issue is that four of my five Corsair LL 120 RGB fans are not lighting up. They are not being recognized by the Commander Pro. Only the first LL 120 fan is being recognized by the Commander Pro. All five fans are being powered but they are not lighting up.
Additional questions:
1) How is your Lighting Node Pro connected? Is it connected to the Commander Pro USB?
2) What do you have on the RGB ports on the Commander Pro? Anything?

Old 12-12-2017, 11:54 PM
klatoo's PC Specs

POST ID # = 930299
klatoo Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair Dustin View Post
So Link started to pull more and more system memory? I need more data to diagnose. One of the bugs we've observed in an internal build is the possibility of Link maxing out a single thread on the CPU.
To be honest I didnt even look at the thread data for this version but yes, last version Core 1 was running 99% the while time Link was on.

I'll try fiddling with it more tomorrow and take a screenshot

Old 12-13-2017, 05:35 AM
narutorulez's PC Specs

POST ID # = 930319
narutorulez Reputation: 10

Hi guys, I'm currently having an issue with Link v4.9.3.25 registering my fans correctly.

I have 3 Corsair LL120 fans and 3 LL140 fans. The problem is, Link is detecting one of the LL120 fans and one of the LL140 fans as being the same fan.

So if I activate the fans individually, every time I select fan 3, both fans start as opposed to just the LL120.

I am using a Corsair Commander Pro, node pro and the lighting controller that came with the LL120 triple pack. All software is up to date.

If it helps, fan 3 seems to register both fans as LL120's as the RGB on the LL140 only covers 3/4 of the fan? I don't know if this helps but any help would be greatly appreciated.

Old 12-13-2017, 08:19 AM
CORSAIR Beta Team
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 930329

Quote:
Originally Posted by narutorulez View Post
Hi guys, I'm currently having an issue with Link v4.9.3.25 registering my fans correctly.

I have 3 Corsair LL120 fans and 3 LL140 fans. The problem is, Link is detecting one of the LL120 fans and one of the LL140 fans as being the same fan.

So if I activate the fans individually, every time I select fan 3, both fans start as opposed to just the LL120.

I am using a Corsair Commander Pro, node pro and the lighting controller that came with the LL120 triple pack. All software is up to date.

If it helps, fan 3 seems to register both fans as LL120's as the RGB on the LL140 only covers 3/4 of the fan? I don't know if this helps but any help would be greatly appreciated.
Can you post a screen shot of your Link setup?
And Link doesn't "detect" any RGB fans on its own. You have to add them in the setup. You also need to specify the type of fan when you add them.
At first blush, it sounds to me like you added the fans as HD RGB Fans, not as LL RGB Fans.

Old 12-13-2017, 10:02 AM
narutorulez's PC Specs

POST ID # = 930337

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevBiker View Post
And Link doesn't "detect" any RGB fans on its own. You have to add them in the setup. You also need to specify the type of fan when you add them.
At first blush, it sounds to me like you added the fans as HD RGB Fans, not as LL RGB Fans.
By all means, that is no problem at all.

"Detect" was a poor choice of words perhaps. I have clicked add, as displayed in the screenshot and the front 3 display just fine. But the 3rd fan also activates the first LL140 fan on the top.

I believe I had added the fans in the correct way via corsair link, but if I'm doing anything wrong, please let me know :)

Corsair Link Screenshot 1.png

Front 3 LL120 Fans.jpg

Old 12-13-2017, 10:05 AM
narutorulez's PC Specs

POST ID # = 930338

Quote:
My apologies, the site wouldn't allow me to upload the last screenshot: Here is the last screenshot of the Top 3 fans and exactly what they look like. You can see the colour overlap and it certainly seems odd. As mentioned previously, upon adding fan 3, the first top LL140 fan automatically activates.

Top 3 LL140 Fans.jpg

Old 12-13-2017, 10:16 AM
CORSAIR Beta Team
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 930339

In Link, it looks like you only have 5 fans added to Link, but you have six fans (if my counting is correct).
I fairly certain that the size doesn't matter for the configuration of the fans but I've not tried, personally, to mix sizes. But I do think that they have the same number of LEDs regardless of 120 or 140.

Old 12-13-2017, 12:49 PM
Corsair Employee
Corsair Dustin's PC Specs

POST ID # = 930359
Corsair Dustin Reputation: 41

That's correct, LL120 and LL140 have the same number of LEDs each. It looks like the configuration has gone "wonky" somehow (a technical term, I know).

I'd say try setting Link to have the six LL fans, set them all to a single static color, and then try to reconfigure their colors and see what happens.

Please do not send private messages requesting tech support or trouble shooting. You can create a thread and let the solution to your issue be visible to everyone, or alternatively, work directly with tech support by contacting them here.

Old 12-13-2017, 07:47 PM
narutorulez's PC Specs

POST ID # = 930431

Quote:
In Link, it looks like you only have 5 fans added to Link, but you have six fans (if my counting is correct).
I fairly certain that the size doesn't matter for the configuration of the fans but I've not tried, personally, to mix sizes. But I do think that they have the same number of LEDs regardless of 120 or 140.
That is 100% correct - I have added 5 fans, because 5 adds the 6... as illogical as that sounds. As mentioned as soon as I add the 3rd fan, the "merged" 4th fan also activates, so adding fan 4 activates fan 5, and adding fan 5 activates fan 6.

I was under the same impression regarding the number of LED's so I'm not really sure why this is happening...

Old 12-13-2017, 07:54 PM
narutorulez's PC Specs

POST ID # = 930434

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair Dustin View Post
That's correct, LL120 and LL140 have the same number of LEDs each. It looks like the configuration has gone "wonky" somehow (a technical term, I know).

I'd say try setting Link to have the six LL fans, set them all to a single static color, and then try to reconfigure their colors and see what happens.
It's ok, I understand what you're getting at.

When I add the 6th fan, that tiny bit of the last LL140 on the top lights up in said colour (see the LL140 screenshot). So essentially it has designated the rest of the 6th fan into an imaginary space that doesn't exist? Has anyone come across issues before when mixing the sizings of the LL fans? And also, based on the little information we have shared and discussed at this stage, do you think this is most likely a hardware issue or a software issue?

P.s. This was also the case in the previous version of Corsair Link. I hoped the update would have solved the issue but sadly it is still present which is why I'm here.

Old 12-13-2017, 08:11 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 930437

Quote:
Originally Posted by narutorulez View Post
It's ok, I understand what you're getting at.

When I add the 6th fan, that tiny bit of the last LL140 on the top lights up in said colour (see the LL140 screenshot). So essentially it has designated the rest of the 6th fan into an imaginary space that doesn't exist? Has anyone come across issues before when mixing the sizings of the LL fans? And also, based on the little information we have shared and discussed at this stage, do you think this is most likely a hardware issue or a software issue?
That'd be for Corsair Dustin to say. Zotty might be able to chime in here; he's the only one that I know of with that many fans.

Something to try, though:
1) Shut down Link.
2) Delete all of the .config files in C:\ProgramData\CLink4. Or ... better yet, back them up in another folder. [Note: this will completely clear the Link configuration]
3) Restart Link. Go in an set up your RGB LEDs again, being super-careful to make sure you select the right kind of fan when adding to the system.
IF this works, it is definitely a software issue. If it doesn't ... well, we still won't know for sure.
Another thought ... have you tried rearranging the fans on the fan controller?

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Old 12-13-2017, 11:47 PM

POST ID # = 930452
yayrah Reputation: 10

Quote:
Additional questions:
1) How is your Lighting Node Pro connected? Is it connected to the Commander Pro USB?
2) What do you have on the RGB ports on the Commander Pro? Anything?
So I have my 5 LL 120 fans plugged into the RGB LED Controller and then I have the RGB LED Controller connected to the LED 1 port on the Commander Pro. Of the five fans only the first one is lighting up and is being detected by the Commander Pro. Upon inspection I do not have the lighting node connected at all.

5 LL 120 fans connected to Lighting HUB. Lighting HUB connected to LED 1 on Commander Pro.

Last edited by yayrah; 12-14-2017 at 12:05 AM.

Old 12-14-2017, 12:27 AM
CORSAIR Beta Team
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 930460

Quote:
So I have my 5 LL 120 fans plugged into the RGB LED Controller and then I have the RGB LED Controller connected to the LED 1 port on the Commander Pro. Of the five fans only the first one is lighting up and is being detected by the Commander Pro. Upon inspection I do not have the lighting node connected at all.

5 LL 120 fans connected to Lighting HUB. Lighting HUB connected to LED 1 on Commander Pro.
Can you post a shot of your Link configuration?
And the fans are never detected automatically. You have to add them to Link individually. And specify the correct type.

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Closed Thread