The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Corsair Link

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-09-2017, 12:22 AM
Bearded Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 922679
Technobeard Reputation: 68

Thread pruned. Please keep the discussion to Link v4.9.0.57, thanks.

Old 10-09-2017, 08:26 AM
pip_jones's PC Specs

POST ID # = 922705
pip_jones Reputation: 31
Default While you're looking at the thread ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technobeard View Post
Thread pruned. Please keep the discussion to Link v4.9.0.57, thanks.
... could you provide information on this issue please? It is acknowledged and being worked on?

To save you clicking, it's the fans switching off when they're set to 512 / 768 / 1024 / 1280 etc. rpm.

http://forum.corsair.com/forums/show...8&postcount=34

Old 10-10-2017, 12:57 AM

POST ID # = 922805
DigitalEngine Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by huppra View Post
Yeah, you can download older signed drivers from Red-Ray's post linked below. It's the only work around I know other than reverting to a previous version that was signed on your system.

hydros7289-3.6.zip
http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=856104
Hello all, new here, but thought I'd chime in with what worked for me.
After doing the latest Corsair Link update (4.9.0.57) I had the Corsair USBXp Driver unsigned error fault also.
So I uninstalled the device and it's software using device manager check box,
and then uninstalled Corsair Link, (checked the all configuration files check box), using the (4.9.0.57) installer.
Then reinstalled Version (4.3.0.154) which fortunately I still had in my downloads folder. This installed a different driver (which seemed to be a newer driver than the latest update), which worked. Then I was able to update Corsair Link using it's built-in updater. Not using the newest downloaded version (4.9.0.57).
So, has an older driver been inadvertently attached to the latest Corsair Link version?

Old 10-10-2017, 05:54 AM
Bearded Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 922821
Technobeard Reputation: 68

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip_jones View Post
... could you provide information on this issue please? It is acknowledged and being worked on?

To save you clicking, it's the fans switching off when they're set to 512 / 768 / 1024 / 1280 etc. rpm.
I'm not on the Link team nor can I speak for them, sorry. They do read these threads however.

If you haven't yet created a support ticket, I'd suggest doing so.

Old 10-10-2017, 09:47 AM
pip_jones's PC Specs

POST ID # = 922823
pip_jones Reputation: 31
Thumbs up Dustin?

Quote:
I'm not on the Link team nor can I speak for them, sorry. They do read these threads however.

If you haven't yet created a support ticket, I'd suggest doing so.
Thanks 'beard.

To be honest, I don't want to waste mine and their time by raising a support ticket about something being discussed in the "Discuss Link" thread. Seems like a lot of hassle if they're already watching this discussion?

I think it would be so much easier if one of the developers, or Dustin, joined in this discussion and said something like "this is in hand, expect a fix in XYZ".

Old 10-10-2017, 07:28 PM
tincho004's PC Specs

POST ID # = 922885
tincho004 Reputation: 10

"Some users may experience intermittent “driver unsigned” issue when installing Corsair Link."

i know this might sound very dumb but can someone plz tell me how to do this step by step? i've downloaded the files attached but i cant find a "way" to install them and i dont want to keep my PC runing on test mode in order to avoid this.

thank you!

Old 10-10-2017, 11:16 PM

POST ID # = 922908
jCASCAv Reputation: 10

I have a problem with this latest version of the Corsair link.
I use to control my new H115i in Windows 10.
The problem is that it is not automatically starting for other users profiles in Windows.
After a cold boot, if I login with my user, where I installed the Corsair link, it automatically starts without problems, but if the login is with another user it does not start automatically.
I think it should have some bug to run in all user profiles in Windows.

Old 10-10-2017, 11:51 PM
Astral85's PC Specs

POST ID # = 922909
Astral85 Reputation: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by jCASCAv View Post
I have a problem with this latest version of the Corsair link.
I use to control my new H115i in Windows 10.
The problem is that it is not automatically starting for other users profiles in Windows.
After a cold boot, if I login with my user, where I installed the Corsair link, it automatically starts without problems, but if the login is with another user it does not start automatically.
I think it should have some bug to run in all user profiles in Windows.
This is a known issue and is being looked into afaik. I also run from a standard user account and have to run Link manually with administrator privileges at startup. I think it has something to do with Link's task schedule settings needing administrator access to run it at startup and this could be modified. There was also another reason for the introduction of administrator level access to Link that Red Ray talked about and said was possibly not needed. I will try to dig up the post.

Old 10-11-2017, 12:07 AM
Astral85's PC Specs

POST ID # = 922912
Exclamation Link is not saving profiles correctly for LNP.

I have been saving various profiles in Link as a way of creating various LNP profiles. I have a dedicated profile that I use/switch back to to make changes for a new profile, because if I made changes while in a particular profile those changes would be saved to that profile. The issue is that if I disconnect LED channel 1 LED's on the creation profile it's also being saved to the rest of my profiles. So all of my profiles now have channel 1 LED's disconnected, the LED configuration lost and only the channel 2 part of the profile works anymore. This is a bit frustrating after spending the time to create and save these various profiles...

Last edited by Astral85; 10-11-2017 at 02:20 AM.

Old 10-11-2017, 02:11 AM
CORSAIR Beta Team
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 922921
DevBiker Reputation: 88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astral85 View Post
This is a known issue and is being looked into afaik. I also run from a standard user account and have to run Link manually with administrator privileges at startup. I think it has something to do with Link's task schedule settings needing administrator access to run it at startup and this could be modified. There was also another reason for the introduction of administrator level access to Link that Red Ray talked about and said was possibly not needed. I will try to dig up the post.
Right now, Link starts and stops the Corsair Link monitoring service, which is what appears to actually do the monitoring and settings. That's why the application needs to run as admin.
Now, if they set it up so that the Link monitoring service runs automatically, I don't see any technical reason why the Link GUI would need to run as admin ... unless they put a check in to make sure that the monitoring service is actually running. But that could actually be handled pretty gracefully ... check for service running, if not tell the user that it needs to be started as admin. IIRC, apps can actually request escalation after startup or they could do this in a child process.

Old 10-12-2017, 02:21 AM

POST ID # = 923015
FrankPato Reputation: 10
Default Corsair link v4.9.0.57. Not show corsair h80iv2 in software

Quote:
This will be the official discussion thread for Link v4.9.0.57.

If you'd like to report a bug, please respond to this thread in this format:
  1. Version of your Link software. NOTE: If you're not using v4.9.0.57, please install it and see if the bug has been fixed.
  2. What version of Windows you're using.
  3. Summary - One line / sentence explaining the issue
  4. Detailed description of the issue - This part can be as long as you want. It should be detailed enough so that we can clearly identify the issue and attempt to replicate it.
  5. Attach photos of the issue to the post that help #4.

I bought the liquid cooling corsair h80i v2 and I installed the latest version of the corsair link software but when I open this software it shows the ram memories, the cpu, the storage units, but it does not show the pump and neither the fans.
I have also tested with previous updates but the problem persists.
I have verified the connection of the usb cable to the ASUS B250G STRIX GAMING motherboard and everything is perfectly connected.
Attached Images
File Type: png Corsair link imagen.png (890.2 KB, 76 views)

Old 10-12-2017, 02:49 AM
WhiskeyOmega's PC Specs

POST ID # = 923021
WhiskeyOmega Reputation: 10

This version is just bad....sorry but im having all sort of issues. Black screening still about unless i close link but i think this is still coming from the nvidia drivers...

This version of link wont even stick to the RPM i request my fans to be at.
Sometimes it startups and shuts the fans down! Thats not safe.
Sometimes the fans shut down when they hit a certain RPM.
I shouldnt have to worry about my pc if i leave it on when i leave the house or goto bed. But now i found myself shutting off my pc when i am not using it.

Old 10-12-2017, 11:40 PM
Astral85's PC Specs

POST ID # = 923111
Default Disconnecting RGB component affects all profiles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astral85 View Post
I have been saving various profiles in Link as a way of creating various LNP profiles. I have a dedicated profile that I use/switch back to to make changes for a new profile, because if I made changes while in a particular profile those changes would be saved to that profile. The issue is that if I disconnect LED channel 1 LED's on the creation profile it's also being saved to the rest of my profiles. So all of my profiles now have channel 1 LED's disconnected, the LED configuration lost and only the channel 2 part of the profile works anymore. This is a bit frustrating after spending the time to create and save these various profiles...
To anyone else affected by this I have found a solution. Instead of disconnecting an RGB component (LNP strip, HD fan etc) because you don't want it visible, turn the brightness completely down/off instead. This keeps your lighting profiles intact by not having that component disconnected across all of your profiles.

Old 10-13-2017, 09:44 AM
huppra's PC Specs

POST ID # = 923137
huppra Reputation: 10

I am having a weird issue where I'm unable to drag corsair link to another monitor. I have a 4k monitor mounted above my ultrawide, in this configuration. However, everytime I drag corsair link to the top monitor it immediately moves back to the lower one. The only way I'm able to move it is by using the window key+arrow shortcut, but once I interact with corsairlink in anyway it moves back to the lower monitor again.

Corsairlink: 4.9.0.57
Windows 10 Pro 1703

Old 10-14-2017, 10:54 AM
MokouFujiwara's PC Specs

POST ID # = 923247
MokouFujiwara Reputation: 10

I have a weird issue, my GUI can't even show up in 4.9.0.57, but ALL older versions worked.

Closed Thread