The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Corsair Link

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-17-2017, 11:35 PM
Kapitikarl's PC Specs

POST ID # = 903692
Kapitikarl Reputation: 10

Yay a new upgrade - almost wet myself when I saw my GPU show up finally. Just one small issue - my CPU cores are now number 2-7 which is a bit odd.

Old 05-18-2017, 12:13 AM
Astral85's PC Specs

POST ID # = 903697
Astral85 Reputation: 11
Question Corsair Link 4.7.0.77 requires admin privileges?

Why does version 4.7.0.77 require admin privileges to run now? I run from an standard user account so the program will not run at startup now...

Also the graphical flickering over the GUI remains in this update as noted here: http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=903684

This seemed to coincide with the Creators update, upgrade or clean install.

Last edited by Astral85; 05-18-2017 at 12:16 AM.

Old 05-18-2017, 02:04 AM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 903707
red-ray Reputation: 81
Angry This not mentioned in the release notes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astral85 View Post
Why does version 4.7.0.77 require admin privileges to run now?
I am not surprised, but this not even mentioned in the release notes .

The reason this is needed is that the GUI now interacts directly with the CPUID SDK for some reason, when before it did not. Corsair why has this been changed?

I can tell this is so as both CorsairLink4 (the GUI) + CorsairLink4.Service have the locks open as below.

Looking the RT_MANIFEST this also now specifies "highestAvailable" rather than "asInvoker", see https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb384691.aspx

Quote:

Attached Images
File Type: png RT_MANIFEST.png (51.7 KB, 1162 views)

Last edited by red-ray; 05-18-2017 at 02:35 AM.

Old 05-18-2017, 02:25 AM

POST ID # = 903709
WickedSlammy Reputation: 10

what a great update! Finally got all the modes my HD140s support. I was thinking about sending the lighting node pro back but nevermine now. Thanks guys!

Old 05-18-2017, 03:56 AM
Astral85's PC Specs

POST ID # = 903721
Astral85 Reputation: 11

@red-ray

Is admin privileges necessary? Why would they change this only now? I can see this being an annoyance for non admin users...

Old 05-18-2017, 05:13 AM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 903725
Idea So the GUI can start the CPUID SDK driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astral85 View Post
Is admin privileges necessary? Why would they change this only now? I can see this being an annoyance for non admin users...
Because the GUI now uses the CPUID SDK it needs admin in order to be able to start the CPUID SDK driver (the cpuz143 service).

My guess is that Corsair did this to be able to report AMD GPUs, but this is just a hunch as the release notes don't mention this.

Assuming I am correct Corsair there is a far better solution, but I suspect the CL4 developers may not be aware of it. When the GUI starts the CPUID SDK it should only specify CPUIDSDK_CONFIG_USE_DISPLAY_API in the initialisation call and I suspect CPUIDSDK_CONFIG_USE_EVERYTHING is specified. That said I don't know if you need admin to call ATIADL. Note I have never used the CPUID SDK, but Franck gave me the cpuidsdk.h header file when I was helping investigate some locking issues and have a fair idea of what is possible.

I just ran SIV on this system without admin rights and it reported all 4 x GTX 980 so know NVAPI does not need admin. It would be interesting to know what happens with AMD GPUs. As you can see below all the GPUs were reported, but the rest of the information is rather limited.

I just checked and you don't need admin for ATIADL either and that Corsair may have implemented a suboptimal solution .

Quote:

Attached Images
File Type: png SIV64X without Admin.png (101.5 KB, 1225 views)
File Type: png RCA.png (67.0 KB, 1168 views)

Last edited by red-ray; 05-28-2017 at 05:25 AM. Reason: Add Links so red-ray does not ******* me!

Old 05-18-2017, 06:05 AM

POST ID # = 903730
baskura Reputation: 10

I have the exact same issue, except my Lighting Node Pro always gets stuck on 0%. I even left it on over night to see if it would update and it didn't.

I've tried everything from uninstalling Corsair Link, removing anti-virus software, even re-installing Windows and this damn thing refuses to update.

Like you, I have to pull my PC apart every time to manually update it - which in itself is an absolute pain in the ****.

I don't hold out much hope for it getting fixed anytime soon, which is a shame since when it's working I love it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unilythe View Post
I'm done with Corsair Link products. It takes me hours every time I want to update because something always breaks

I can't update my Lighting Node Pro. The new firmware got stuck on 73% for half an hour after which I decided to cancel it.
Now it won't update at all unless I completely restart my PC, after which it gets stucks before even reaching 50%.

This means every single time I want to update the Lighting Node Pro, I need to completely open my PC case, get my Lighting Node Pro from under my PSU shroud,
which requires me to remove my watercooling reservoir, which requires me to completely drain my waterloop.

So, in order to fix Corsair's software every time it updates I need to put in hours of work just to update it.
When I put together this build I did not expect that I had to be able to reach the Lighting Node Pro physically in order to update it, because why the hell would I?. Why is a simple firmware update so damn difficult?

I'm done with this. Next time this happens, I'm not just draining my waterloop but removing all Corsair Link hardware, taking it back to the store, and replacing it.

Edit: also no matter how annoying red-ray's posts may be to Corsair (and I know they are very annoying), from the perspective of users on this sub forum it seems he's putting in more work on Crosair's products than Corsair is, yet you're completely ignoring everything he says even though he makes very good points

Old 05-18-2017, 06:34 AM
SCANNERMAN's PC Specs

POST ID # = 903736
SCANNERMAN Reputation: 10
Default Where's my stuff???

Well, this is my first post on this forum and I have to say that I haven't been having a very positive experience with CORSAIR link. Corsair support hasn't been much help to me at all either and IF I had to do it all over again I'd stay as far away from CORSAIR LINK as possible. Alas, I've wasted hundreds of dollars on it now so for what it's worth I will attempt to include a couple of screen shots in this post. The new update removed so much that it now looks like I hardly own any Corsair hardware at all! To be clear, I'm running Corsair Airflow RAM cooling fans X 2, 128GB of Corsair Dominator RAM, Corsair Mini Commander, and the Corsair HX1000i PSU. Check out these screen shots and tell me what's missing.

FIRMWARE NOT APPLICABLE???? ARE YOU KIDDING ME??? I had to buy the mini commander just to get my lights on my fans to turn blue and what a 3 day nightmare that turned out to be! Because I live in Canada I had to wrestle the Commander from the hands of the Customs officers and pay the brokerage so that in the end I paid around $130.oo Canadian just to have blue lights on my Corsair RAM fans. Additionally, can anybody please tell me what this digital cable is all about? The COMMANDER has four ports to plug the digital stuff into. I plugged one cable into my PSU and that was it ... The grommet went straight into the PSU and I can't get it out unless I open the PSU (which will more than likely violate the warranty). So that's left dangling now. When did CORSAIR start manufacturing such cheap junk? The interface used to list all my fans. Those are gone now along with the scroll bar -- not that it made any difference considering the fan control actually controlled precious little properly in the first place. Folks, this thing just keeps on going from bad to worse and I can never get any straight answers from CORSAIR except ... BUY MORE... BUY MORE!!! Not in your life. FIX IT FIRST.
Attached Images
File Type: png LINK 001.png (1.41 MB, 138 views)
File Type: png LINK TWO.png (691.4 KB, 124 views)
File Type: png LINK 3.png (661.4 KB, 147 views)

Last edited by SCANNERMAN; 05-18-2017 at 06:53 AM. Reason: more to say

Old 05-18-2017, 08:03 AM
Herbert Wells's PC Specs

POST ID # = 903748
Herbert Wells Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCANNERMAN View Post
Check out these screen shots and tell me what's missing.
Exactly the same situation, after updating to the latest version, all tabs of fan speeds and temperatures have disappeared. Only the graphics card, Memory and Power Supply remain.

Old 05-18-2017, 12:13 PM
https://imgur.com/a/8zIay
Herregud's PC Specs

POST ID # = 903774
Herregud Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kapitikarl View Post
Yay a new upgrade - almost wet myself when I saw my GPU show up finally. Just one small issue - my CPU cores are now number 2-7 which is a bit odd.
I have the same issue. Not big deal but numbering was fine in previous update.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture.JPG (298.7 KB, 158 views)

Old 05-18-2017, 05:29 PM
master256's PC Specs

POST ID # = 903817
master256 Reputation: 10
Default CPU info gone completely with this new Update

I really shouldnt have updated....

now i have no CPU info anymore at all, see my System Specs for more info
(in short Dual Xeon E5-2683 v3)

Wasnt showing correct informations before, now its gone completely
GRRRRR

Could someone point me where to get previous versions?
At least with the last version i had full info on first CPU and some on the 2nd

I wanted to post some suggestions for features in future versions in this forum anhow, but as i see from the starting post there isnt much bugfixing ongoing as it seems in this software.... So sad...

Beneath the 2 Corsair H80i v2 i have i just bought a Corsair Commander Mini to make Link my center of Fan Control... But it laks some functionallities...
Whatever not the place for this now,
but would be nice to get my CPU Info back at least...
Tried disabling all firewall stuff etc and started as admin, no luck !!

Edit:
Thanks to first poster red-ray i found the links to the older versions and hope i will be able to downgrade without loosing all my settings...
also her's a screen of my somewhat "empty" Link without CPU Info (and btw also no HDD info)

Downgrade worked:

but as you can see no complete info for CPU2
(and btw would be nice to be able to re-sort the H80i's in the display order, since the first one showing is the one for CPU2 and vicaVersa
Attached Images
File Type: png Screen1.png (145.0 KB, 1128 views)
File Type: png Screen2.png (163.9 KB, 1105 views)

Last edited by master256; 05-18-2017 at 05:57 PM.

Old 05-18-2017, 05:57 PM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 903823
Arrow For > 32 CPUs CL4 is a lost cause

Quote:
Originally Posted by master256 View Post
Wasnt showing correct informations before, now its gone completely, GRRRRR
As CL4 is 32-bit for > 32 CPUs CL4 is a lost cause 'till Corsair make it 64-bit, don't hold your breath .

You could use my SIV utility which is 64-bit, will easily report 56 CPUs, control 2 x H80iV2 and a CL Mini. See http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=782582

SIV should also report your 4x 500GB Samsung 750 Evo RAID0 drive temperatures.

The only downside is your CPUs will be rather bored as CL4 uses about 40 times more CPU time than SIV .

BTW I suspect if you interpose the H80iV2 USB cables you will get the order you would like.

Last edited by red-ray; 05-21-2017 at 03:38 AM.

Old 05-18-2017, 06:09 PM
SpeedyV's PC Specs

POST ID # = 903824
SpeedyV Reputation: 41
Default De Ja Vu

I think I have read this thread before... Oh wait - This happens every time Corsair releases an update of LINK. I must admit that it is amusing to read these threads, now that I have long ago expunged all traces of Corsair LINK and use SIV exclusively to control my Corsair hardware.

I gave up on Corsair and Link long ago. That said, I would like to thank Red Ray for his wonderful program, his patience, and his constant support of people struggling with Link, LNPs, CLCCs, etc. The lack of response from Corsair to these posts is deafening. This has literally been going on for years. I have never seen another forum like this one, with so many people suffering through so many bugs, with a user who spends countless hours trying to troubleshoot, improve, and educate, and nothing from the manufacturer who takes their money. It’s just amazing, and really quite sad.

To all those poor souls suffering through another bug-ridden release of Link – do yourself a huge favor. Uninstall Link and remove all traces of it, download and install SIV, read the guide, take the time to become familiar with SIV, and start enjoying the hardware you paid for. It’s your choice. Thanks to Red Ray, you have one.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-19-2017, 01:51 AM
master256's PC Specs

POST ID # = 903860
master256 Reputation: 10

Thanks red-ray for that information,
i wasnt aware of that program before, i had other programs reporting my system fully, but no fan controll on them

i'll look deeper into SIV64X later (from what i understood it can also controll the corsair stuff?)

I used speedfan for fan controls before but couldnt get it to work with my current setup...

Old 05-19-2017, 03:32 AM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 903865
Arrow Moved to SIV thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by master256 View Post
i'll look deeper into SIV64X later (from what i understood it can also controll the corsair stuff?)
As this is not about CL 4.7.0.77 I have replied in the SIV thread.

Last edited by red-ray; 05-19-2017 at 05:31 AM. Reason: Moved to SIV thread

Closed Thread