Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-28-2017, 09:52 AM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 893153
red-ray Reputation: 81
Confused But I only have one LNP!

Corsair, Please can you tell me why CL4 thinks I have 12 x LNP when I only have one?

Quote:
Attached Images
File Type: png But I only have one LNP.png (175.8 KB, 1101 views)

Old 03-01-2017, 07:38 AM
Rad's PC Specs

POST ID # = 893342
Rad Reputation: 10
Default doesn't show any information about my graphics cards

I would like to know why my Corsair link doesn't show any information about my graphics cards currently running to 2x R9 290x
Attached Images
File Type: png Capture.PNG (71.4 KB, 66 views)

Old 03-01-2017, 08:33 AM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 893348
Sigh.. All AMD GPU users have the same issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kapitikarl View Post
Yay! A new version of link. Oh - no fix for the GPU details not showing - http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=164265
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rad View Post
I would like to know why my Corsair link doesn't show any information about my graphics cards currently running to 2x R9 290x
All AMD GPU users have the same issue. It used to, but AFAIK it stopped doing this with one of the AMD driver releases. AMD GPU reporting works for most applications, but CL4 does the API calls from the CLink4Service WIN32 service rather than a GUI application and these calls must be failing. I suspect the root cause is a bug in the AMD code.

Old 03-01-2017, 10:33 AM
slyphnier's PC Specs

POST ID # = 893362
slyphnier Reputation: 10

didn't have time to read all post in this thread as well search/checking the forum for the possible same bug report

on one of my pc that using dual 1440p, this version corsair link seems have scalling issue
the "configure" link/button on top side is overlapped with pc information

not that i am using "configure" often anyway
but as there no "maximize" / full screen button that usually available in right corner as well this can quite brothersome for people using "configure"

Old 03-01-2017, 01:06 PM
B41T's PC Specs

POST ID # = 893382
B41T Reputation: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by slyphnier View Post
didn't have time to read all post in this thread as well search/checking the forum for the possible same bug report

on one of my pc that using dual 1440p, this version corsair link seems have scalling issue
the "configure" link/button on top side is overlapped with pc information

not that i am using "configure" often anyway
but as there no "maximize" / full screen button that usually available in right corner as well this can quite brothersome for people using "configure"
I don't think you're going to be able to get the scaling issue resolved. You can try calling Corsair support (do not submit a ticket, that's only for RMA), but I don't think you're going to get anywhere with them.

Last edited by Technobeard; 03-01-2017 at 01:54 PM. Reason: rant removed

Old 03-01-2017, 01:54 PM
Bearded Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 893385
Technobeard Reputation: 68

Quote:
Originally Posted by B41T View Post
do not submit a ticket, that's only for RMA
This is incorrect. Tickets are for any type of questions.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-01-2017, 10:42 PM
warboss choppa's PC Specs

POST ID # = 893459
warboss choppa Reputation: 10

I would love to have RGB changing LED's on my H115i cooler

Old 03-02-2017, 02:52 AM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 893471
Thumbs up The CoolIT H110i + H100i can have cycling RGB LEDs

Quote:
Originally Posted by warboss choppa View Post
I would love to have RGB changing LED's on my H115i cooler
With the CoolIT H110i + H100i you can have cycling RGB LEDs and I am at a loss as to why the Asetek H115i can't. From reading the Corsair website there is no way to know the Asetek H115i is missing this functionality, see http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=796027.

Old 03-02-2017, 05:17 AM
ShineHunter's PC Specs

POST ID # = 893484
ShineHunter Reputation: 10

Kaby Lake (MSI Pro gaming carbon) only shows load no temps and only one of my H100i v2 fans showing RPM, but this has been ongoing issue with Kaby lake since release. Worked fine on my I7 4790K and I7 6800K.

Old 03-02-2017, 05:52 AM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 893489
Sigh.. All Asetek coolers only report one fan speed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShineHunter View Post
only one of my H100i v2 fans showing RPM
All Asetek coolers such as the H100iV2 only have one fan controller and so only report one fan speed.

Old 03-02-2017, 08:37 AM
ShineHunter's PC Specs

POST ID # = 893516
ShineHunter Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by red-ray View Post
All Asetek coolers such as the H100iV2 only have one fan controller and so only report one fan speed.
It used show two fans running at the same ish RPM and the pump Speed. That was on my 4790K and 6800K, but on this Z270 plus Kaby lake it doesn't.

Old 03-02-2017, 08:55 AM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 893517
Arrow What is "It"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShineHunter View Post
It used show two fans running at the same ish RPM and the pump Speed. That was on my 4790K and 6800K, but on this Z270 plus Kaby lake it doesn't.
What is "It"? It can't be the H100iV2 as it only reports one fan speed. Attach a screen shot to the post.

I assume the two radiator fans are connected to the H100iV2, are they? If not you should have specified your none standard configuration.

After pondering this I suspect the issue is that the MSI Pro Gaming Carbon Z270 uses the Nuvoton NCT6795D sensor chip which is way too new for CL 4.5.0.55 to report. Grab the latest SIV 5.17 beta and attach the initial screen + [Status] + Menu->Hardware->Sensor Debug panels to confirm this.

Last edited by red-ray; 03-02-2017 at 09:07 AM. Reason: NCT6795D

Old 03-05-2017, 06:58 AM
Liquid Cooling Addict
GTXJackBauer's PC Specs

POST ID # = 893942
GTXJackBauer Reputation: 16

Every time I enter these Corsair forums I get dizzy so I don't frequent here as often as I once did. I really don't know how you do it Red-Ray. How do you keep yourself sane after attempting to help them only to end up chasing your own tail? You're willing to help them code the darn software that won't work properly for almost 5 years now since my first complaint was back in March of 2012.

They need to beef up their software development department. I'm no expert by all means but they seriously have a issue there. Stop going cheap and start getting real folks that would cost big bucks. We're already paying a premium on this hardware. Is there too much greed and or egos happening there than looking for the future of the company? Make's fancy hardware but the software stinks to high heaven.

Seems like Corsair Cue is better but now it's being problematic and people are raising hell over it over there. I just can't update no more when I want to with Corsair.

Old 03-05-2017, 10:25 AM
JohnHind's PC Specs

POST ID # = 893961
JohnHind Reputation: 16
Default Another Year, Another Release, Another HUGE disappointment!

The ability in Corsair Link to display a photograph of my build overlayed with live performance data is what sold a lot of Corsair hardware to me, but the Link software continues to disappoint fro small, easily rectified reasons:

1. Why are all the sensor readings available on the Home view not also available on the Configure view, and as fan control inputs? This particularly irks with my RM650i PSU, but also the Processor percentage load (would be a useful fan control input) and the MB VCPU.

2. Why does fan control not allow me to stop fans completely? Why do fans show as 250 odd RPM even when I stall them? Note this applies with end-to-end Corsair hardware - H80i fan outputs and Corsair PWM fans.

3. It is obvious physics that fan speed should be controlled by a temperature reading relative to ambient, not an absolute temperature. A fan cannot cool to a temperature below its intake temperature, and it is pointless having fans rev to their full speed just because it is a warm day! Furthermore it will often be better to control fans on CPU load or PSU wattage rather than temperature.

4. My two Seagate HDs each have two temperature readings which seem to be identical (ironically given 1, both appear on both Home and Configure views). There ought to be a feature to hide redundant sensors from the Configure view.

PLEASE Corsair, develop some new features for the next release. If you do, I promise I will reward you by buying more Corsair hardware and recommending it to others!

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-06-2017, 05:19 PM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 894150
Question When will a CL4 be released that supports Ryzen?

16 single threaded packages is well wonky

Quote:
Attached Images
File Type: png Looks like CL4 needs some work.png (189.2 KB, 671 views)

Closed Thread