The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Corsair Link

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-14-2016, 01:39 AM

POST ID # = 878917
Th3VVraith Reputation: 14

Ugghhh... After having to remove the link software from my system some months ago because it was slamming the hell out of my TCP stack with 1000's of requests every few seconds and killing off my streaming of live video from my security system... I had to install it again because my H110i GT was reinstalled (after getting rid of the NZXT crap I had tried, I won't even go into their software problems...) The link software won't run at all... it starts up, shows the window, the icon loads in the taskbar, and then I get the "Corsair link has stopped working" error and it closes down without any description of what error...no logs, no nothing. the service itself starts up and then closes down right away too...

rolled back all the way to 4.2 of the software, that will load up, but won't read anything at all, no control over anything. that version always worked fine, never an issue.

The only thing that changed on the rig in question was I had swapped out the cooler for the NZXT crap, and windows was forced to take the "anniversary update", which in itself has screwed some other things. (I'm running win 10 x64) I removed all trace of the NZXT garbage

So I loaded up the newest link on a laptop that hasn't gotten the "anniversary update" ran a usb cord to the H110i GT and when I rebooted the laptop, the link software loaded up and found the cooler no problem, and I was able to set up the fans, LED, etc...

so then I thought, ok, I have an image of the OS BEFORE I got the update, I threw it on a spare ssd, and booted it up...again, the newest link worked fine and found everything no problem... allowed the "update" to windows again, and I'm back where I started...link won't start up at all...

So, anyone have any idea as to what the "anniversary update" could have broken when it comes to the corsair link 4 software and it being able to load and find the hardware? Like I said 4.2 loads fine, but doesn't see anything, no version after that even starts up after the "anniversary update" to win 10...

Old 11-14-2016, 08:04 AM

POST ID # = 878935
Sixuno Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1yak View Post
That only works if you disable Secure Boot or at least on my system.
I had to disable SB in the bios before I could disable DEP. It stays disabled as long as you don't re enable SB, as soon as you do then Windows re enables DEP.
Thank you, that's good info for anyone with that option in the BIOS. I was unaware myself that it could be disabled via BIOS. (aka preventing the disabling for DEP in windows.)

Old 11-14-2016, 04:46 PM
Medico's PC Specs

POST ID # = 878986
Medico Reputation: 10

CorsairLink4.Service.exe stopped responding many times. Details of the problem.
Source
CorsairLink4.Service

Summary
Stopped working

Date
‎11/‎14/‎2016 11:57 AM

Status
Report sent

Description
Faulting Application Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\CorsairLink4\CorsairLink4.Service.exe

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: BEX
Application Name: CorsairLink4.Service.exe
Application Version: 4.3.0.154
Application Timestamp: 57c697f6
Fault Module Name: StackHash_2beb
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000
Exception Offset: PCH_A5_FROM_ntdll+0x0006E2CC
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Data: 00000008
OS Version: 10.0.14393.2.0.0.256.48
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 2beb
Additional Information 2: 2beba6fb4680d73a8c78ca7c24ccdb46
Additional Information 3: 34b8
Additional Information 4: 34b85e01dbe9529312a819250a584bb2

Extra information about the problem
Bucket ID: 40c4cddddf79efd30df4308c2a6eaf23 (116256769396)

Does anyone have any ideas how to resolve this? Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Medico; 11-14-2016 at 04:48 PM.

Old 11-14-2016, 06:54 PM
fun's PC Specs

POST ID # = 879013
fun Reputation: 10

hope this help,clean install of windows 10 and everthing up to date.
so far i try twice waking pc from sleep and corsair link run normaly.
on pc with fast startup havent get that wierd buzz sound yet from corsair link(like wake from sleep).and i wonder why i have to run corsair link evertime time boot on windows,hydro come with firmware.can corsair link just save the config?i set my led and fan then quit Corsair link(not run in backgroud) not working until i open corsair and leave it on background running.

Old 11-15-2016, 02:38 PM

POST ID # = 879112

Looks as though at this point the only reliable solution for me is to go with air cooling or do a custom loop.
These AIO coolers are just not worth the BS and headaches when the software won't run and the coolers don't function properly.

Is Corsair going to pay for anyone's hardware if it overheats and dies because the cooler can't be controlled and operated to do it's job?
I don't think so... this is unacceptable and Corsair refuses to address any issues brought to them; But they take our money any way they can get it...

I tossed all the NZXT garbage I owned in the trash and will never buy from/support that crap company again because of similar problems,
like their complete lack of customer support and incompetent software development. Hmmm, sounds familiar... looks like it's time to do the same with Corsair...

Time to go spec out and build my own water cooling system with dedicated pump/fan controllers,
at least I know I won't have to worry about a software glitch allowing my system to go into meltdown when left unattended.
Good thing tonight is recycling in my area, my bin is going to be full.

Last edited by Th3VVraith; 11-15-2016 at 02:50 PM.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-21-2016, 02:59 PM
cheechr1's PC Specs

POST ID # = 879729
cheechr1 Reputation: 10

This new version seems ok and is running fine so far. A few improvements should be made however:

Where can I find max power in/out on my PSU in the new Corsair Link?
The window the program uses still does not scale properly when one uses Win 10 scaling. I'm using a 4k TV as my display.

Old 11-21-2016, 04:05 PM

POST ID # = 879738

While I wait on all my custom loop parts to arrive, I still needed to have my system up and running.

I decided to give SIV a try (not sure why I didn't before, stupid me...)
My hats off to Red-Ray... SIV is a massive resource of info, and runs my coolers just fine once I set up everything.

I can't even begin to understand why... WHY hasn't Corsair listened to this man and either used his information to better their software, or just hired him to write or just oversee the development of their software?

He obviously understands the protocols and coding BETTER than anyone they have working for them, I have ZERO issues with any of the coolers I have running, in particular, my H110i GT. Once I set up the custom settings for the fan curves, pump, and LED and saved everything and made SIV load at start, everything works as it is SUPPOSED too.

Corsair needs to open up their eyes and realize they need people like this, and continuing to ignore them will eventually be the death of their company.
GET IT TOGETHER CORSAIR, Your hardware obviously works, it's the software that is broken and your writers/coders that need an update!

I'll be continuing to use SIV to run and control my AIO coolers until I have all my parts, and I'll probably still use it afterwards since it supplies such a massive amount of information.

My thanks to Red-Ray for SIV, if it wasn't for this being available, I'd be without any computer to use while I wait to update my rigs to full custom loops. Keep up the great work!

Old 11-29-2016, 01:33 AM
athomas822's PC Specs

POST ID # = 880560
athomas822 Reputation: 10
Default corsair link v4 issues

i am running windows 10 OEM 64 bit corsair link ver 4.3.0.154.
LINK4 will not find any devices at all, wont even find all system fans in configuration, cant set led colors, nothing, i cant look at it and thats about it. i have uninstalled corsair link 4 and that caused a plethora of issues for re installation. finally got that fixed now a new fresh install and same issue has happened. if anyone has been through this or knows what this is pleases help

Old 12-04-2016, 08:28 AM

POST ID # = 881219
sp0ck99 Reputation: 10

I have Corsair H115 I liquid CPU cooler and somebody answered this question for me can you tell me why when the temperature increases on my CPU and the fans engage to go to a high-speed summary why the sound like when you have an engine on a car this is what my fans sound like before they finally settled down to one steady speed is this to do the Corsair linked software or is it a hardware because it is very frustrating and noisy when this happens.

Old 12-04-2016, 01:52 PM
mixxmaxx's PC Specs

POST ID # = 881242
mixxmaxx Reputation: 10
Default Mine brokeo also

Have the newest and reinstalled few times did not find devices at all except H110iGTpump and CPU cores and packages plus SSD.
Though one time i changed my options and made the Sensor Title text large and all of a sudden all my other motherboard devices showed up.
Rebooted all gone again. changed text size again still no devices.
Edit
Ok it seems Asus suite fan thing was causing it to fail. we see what happens

Last edited by mixxmaxx; 12-04-2016 at 04:59 PM.

Old 12-06-2016, 05:29 PM
Igb's PC Specs

POST ID # = 881521
Igb Reputation: 10

Any new information on the progression?

I am still using old v4.2.4.25 due to the wattage metering bug on the new version, but after 2 months there is no sign of any fix or upgrade.

Old 12-07-2016, 07:26 PM
Realism51's PC Specs

POST ID # = 881695
Realism51 Reputation: 10
Default Corsair's habit of abandoning the consumer

Quote:
Originally Posted by red-ray View Post
I feel the same, see http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=871686. Needless to say Corsair have failed to respond as usual, they really do lack any professional diligence.
Red, I have to agree with you wholeheartedly. You point out that clearly the norm for Corsair is to keep silent and not respond to all this information and requests for assistance in solving the issues for good.
You back this up even moreso in post #7 http://forum.corsair.com/forums/show...75&postcount=7
when you mention that Corsair has failed to respond to 52 issues (your count). The habit that has crept up has been one of "if we are quiet and ignore it, it will go away - when we sell our new shiny"

I've been reading through the forums off and on for years now, and what I see more often than not, is a halfhearted push to address only a few select issues on a product/software when it is new. As the newness fades off and we start voicing our issues that keep growing, Corsair ignores them and abandons the product/software and the consumers who purchased/use them. Seemingly, they would rather push out something new than take care of the consumer who has placed their trust for support on what they paid for.

I have owned a good number of Corsair products because I had faith and trust in the company and their dedication to quality and support. Cases, RAM, and PSU; I've not ever had a problem. However, nearly all the other products I have purchased have been plagued with issues, issues that Corsair doesn't seem to want to address and fully fix. Instead we get little in the way of response and support, with the end result being a new version of the product we purchased being released, and all support moving to that.

This type of behavior really does make one feel abandoned by the company that they chose to do business with. Part of my 'gripe' if you will, is when I buy a product new, I expect a certain level of communication and clarity with issues that arise with the product. It does leave a sour taste in the mouth when you spend good money and don't get much needed support for fixing issues, but (for lack of a better way to put it) are told to either deal with the issues or buy the latest and greatest model.

I can't be the only one asking the question: "Corsair - what happened to you?"
It wasn't but three or four years ago you guys were ontop of it and support/communication was spectacular (making you hands down, my favorite manufacturer). The last few years has seen a whole mess of slips and that leaves me wondering what happened that caused such a rapid shift.

In the end I will still go with Corsair for RAM, PSU, and Cases because they are still the core of Corsair and are very good, but I've steadily lost too much faith and trust to want to invest in any other carried products.

Old 12-09-2016, 04:58 AM
MarcParis's PC Specs

POST ID # = 881930
MarcParis Reputation: 18
Exclamation Corsair link lost temperature of my R9 Nano after AMD Crimson Relive Driver

Hi all,

I'm currently using Corsair Commander Mini that is working, globally, pretty well.
(Here is my review of Corsair Commander Mini)

However I noticed one bug, since yesterday (8th December 2016), since installation of AMD Crimson Relive driver : Corsair Link is no longer able to monitor my GPU (AMD R9 Nano) temperature. Thus all my fans that were related to this GPU temperature are quite buggy (no speed variation following GPU temp for example).

Thank you in advance for your support!

PS :
For revision details, here there are :
Corsair Link version : 4.3.0.154
Commander mini firmware : 1.1.6
AMD Driver : it was working on 16.11.5, and it's not working on 16.12.1 (Crimson Relive). Please note I've done a fresh install of drivers (new feature on Relive drivers)
I've tried to uninstall/reinstall Corsair link 4...but no effect

I'm not sure it's Corsair link the guilty one on the loss of GPU temperature monitoring, but both Msi Afterburner and HWinfo 64 are detecting properlly the GPU.

Here are pictures of bug :
Dead Link

And 1 daybefore : R9 Nano is clearly here
link

Last edited by Technobeard; 12-16-2016 at 01:17 PM.

Old 12-09-2016, 05:33 AM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 881931
red-ray Reputation: 81
Sigh.. Not enough information.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcParis View Post
Your review specifies "•2 temperature sensor (included in the package)", this is incorrect as it comes with 4 (four). BTW (firmware 1.16) should be (firmware 1.1.6).

Given you changed the AMD driver how come you think this is an issue with CL4 rather than the AMD driver?

For Corsair to have any chance of resolving this then you need to specify the version numbers of the old and new AMD drivers. You should also specify the CL4 version number.

Last edited by red-ray; 12-09-2016 at 05:39 AM. Reason: firmware 1.1.6

Old 12-09-2016, 07:03 AM
MarcParis's PC Specs

POST ID # = 881939
MarcParis Reputation: 18

Thanks for your attention on my review...I've just corrected these uncorrect information..:)

For revision details, here there are :
Corsair Link version : 4.3.0.154
Commander mini firmware : 1.1.6
AMD Driver : it was working on 16.11.5, and it's not working on 16.12.1 (Crimson Relive). Please note I've done a fresh install of drivers (new feature on Relive drivers)

I'm not sure it's Corsair link the guilty one on the loss of GPU temperature monitoring, but both Msi Afterburner and HWinfo 64 are detecting properlly the GPU.

PS : I've edited my first message too.

Closed Thread