Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-21-2016, 07:05 PM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 853869
red-ray Reputation: 81
Question CL4 support for 10K fans

When I posted http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=845092 I did not link to http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=754023.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair Dustin View Post
Probably a bug. Passing it on to the PM.
Given this was on 16-Jan-2015 (16 months ago) I feel it should have been addressed by now.

On what date might there be a CL4 release that addresses 10K fan support please?

Old 05-21-2016, 10:25 PM
Croxy's PC Specs

POST ID # = 853883
Croxy Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by red-ray View Post
How many 3-pin/4-pin case fans does the system have connected to the motherboard?

Post a screen shot showing both the CL4 [Home] panel + my SIV [Cooling Status] panel and I suspect I will be able to tell you.

In you PC specs Operating System 64 Bit is not enough. Specify the Windows versions and Build number.
Argh... Having some issues with uploading screenshot... bear with me...

Old 05-22-2016, 03:01 AM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 853900
Question Does this help?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croxy View Post
Argh... Having some issues with uploading screenshot... bear with me...
Does this help? I suspect you just need to press [Manage Attachments].

Quote:
Attached Images
File Type: png Press [Manage Attachments].png (57.8 KB, 7376 views)

Old 05-22-2016, 11:50 AM

POST ID # = 853935
Hamdan Reputation: 15

Corsair should send a full year supply of tea and biscuits to red-ray. Guy's just too awesome.

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-22-2016, 12:25 PM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 853941
Arrow Aida64

I feel AIDA64 users should have a look at http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=853939

Old 05-23-2016, 02:55 AM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 854006
Sigh.. CL4 is getting stuck and why CL4 should use a Mutex rather than a Semaphore

Quote:
In my initial testing when I exit CL4 4.2.3.41 it is sometimes is still holding the lock which causes issues for other programs and SIV has to detect CL4 has failed to release it and attempt to clean up the mess. Can CL4 be changed to correctly use the Mutex I proposed a long time ago?

I also reported this in an e-mail I sent to Corsair on 24-Feb-2016 and since then I have been trying to get a reply from the CL4 developers. After sending reminders I get replies saying the developers will respond ASAP and as of 15-May-2016 I am still waiting . This is totally unprofessional and it's about time Corsair got their act together .
Quote:
On 19-May-16 @ 19:33 I finally received a reply from Corsair which specified:
  1. "Corsair will not be implementing the Mutex as requested"
  2. "We are aware of the situation in which the lock does not let go and we will be releasing a new version of the software which will address this situation"
  3. "Thank you for your time in considering Corsair LINK as the best solution for your system’s needs"
Since then I have been working with Tamas to make all of AIDA64 + CL4 + SIV play nicely, pondering the reply from Corsair and currently feel:
  1. This is a poor decision and I wonder what will happen to CL4 if SIV exits while holding the lock?
  2. Good, I wonder on what date the fix will be released?
  3. How on earth could Corsair ever imagine I would consider "Corsair LINK as the best solution" ? I guess they didn't read their forum .
  4. The CL4 developers need to read and understand http://www.geeksforgeeks.org/mutex-vs-semaphore/, see the Misconception: section.
Of these the only one I could address is #1, so I did so as follows:
  1. I created the attached silly program that claims the Semaphore and then exits.
  2. I closed down all instances of SIV on my system
  3. I started CL 4.2.3.41
  4. Using Task Manager I noted the CL4 service was using lots of CPU time
  5. I ran silly.exe.
  6. I noted the CL4 service was no longer using CPU time.
  7. I deduced the CL4 service was waiting for the Semaphore and stuck.
  8. I noted the CL4 GUI did not operate as expected.
  9. I waited for two minutes and the CL4 service was still stuck.
  10. I ran SIV which took about 30 seconds to start. Note both AIDA64 and SIV wait 30 seconds before they recover things.
  11. When SIV did start it reported it had recovered the lock as below.
  12. The CL4 service then started using CPU time again and the CL4 GUI responding.
  13. I concluded there is another locking bug in the CL4 service as it fails to recover if another program "fails to let go" .
Corsair, please can specify if this is a known issue and on what date you expect to release a CL4 that fixes this?

In the end Corsair addressed this in CL 4.2.4.25, but did not tell be 'till < 24 hours before they released it. Again the design was poor, see http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=863330.

Quote:
The reason CL4 should use a Mutex rather than a Semaphore is that a Mutex will automatically be released (actually set to Abandoned) if a thread exits while holding the lock and a Semaphore will not. To confirm this read the section on WAIT_ABANDONED. I specified this in my original e-mail of 24-Feb-2106 and am at a loss as to why Corsair declined to change from using a Semaphore to using a Mutex as doing this would be the easiest way to fix the CL4 locking bugs I have found and reported.

Attached Files
File Type: zip silly.zip (38.6 KB, 176 views)

Last edited by red-ray; 07-21-2016 at 08:13 AM. Reason: Add http://www.geeksforgeeks.org/mutex-vs-semaphore/

Old 05-23-2016, 04:33 PM
pip_jones's PC Specs

POST ID # = 854167
pip_jones Reputation: 31
Default Feedback

I had to fresh install W10 and LINK,

Installed and rebooted without issue.

Launched and all fans went on full.

Took a short while to detect all devices.

Picked case picture, that's good.

What are MB Temp 1 .. 5?

Where is my RAID temp?
Where is my m2 Temp?

Fan settings, custom curves.

Why can't I enter values manually? Drag and drop points on a graph is not user friendly.

How do I copy values between fans? I have a dual radiator with 2x fans. I want both to work at the same speed(s) and temperature(s). If I had 4x fans I would be fuming.

Why can't I set fan speed below 500 rpm?

With all fans at 500 RPM my machine gives off a light humming noise. At 400 RPM it is silent. Yes, silent. Those 100 RPM are very important.

Please RSVP when these issues are fixed.

Kind regards,

A loyal customer.

Old 05-24-2016, 03:50 AM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 854256
Question Sould CL4 get an award for being irritating?

With the initial release of CL v4.2.0.162 I posted as below:
Quote:
  • 8. When the CL4 screen is moved to the left of the main desktop it instantly jumps back to the main desktop which is at 0,0. Moving it to the right is OK. This is a regression from CL3.
  • 10. If I close down and restart CL4 the initial screen size is changed to the small default size when I expected it to be as I had set it which was the case with CL3. It also is on my default screen rather than where I last positioned it.
  • 11. When I close down CL the cpuz138 service is not stopped and deleted. This is a regression from CL3. Given I have reported this before how come it was not picked up in regression testing (it is considered good coding practice, when a bug is located and fixed, to record a test that exposes the bug and re-run that test regularly after subsequent changes to the program)?
  1. I thought #8 was fixed, but #10 + #11 as yet have not been as is the case with most of the other issues in that post.
  2. Do Corsair intend to fix the #10 regression and if so when?
  3. Do Corsair intend to fix the #11 regression and if so when? To be clear it was fixed in CL3 after I reported it.
  4. There should be a list of known outstanding issues so I don't need to ask and Corsair failing to have one is unprofessional.
  5. Every time I start CL4 I need to resize the panel and this is a total PITA!
  6. The code to read the the position and size of a window on close is trivial so there is no plausible reason for this still not being addressed.
  7. I feel CL4 deserves an award for being irritating .
Code:
  case WM_DESTROY:                                  //
    if( swb )                                       // SIV Worker Block ?
    {                                               //
      if( smb = swb->smb, *swb->pos )               // save the final position?
        GetWindowRect( whl, wrb ),                  // yes, Get Window Position
        reg_save_win_setup( swb->pos,               // then save it
                            wrb,                    //
                            smb,                    //
                            test );                 //
    }                                               //
    break;                                          //
Quote:
What Corsair Delivered
What the Customer Specified
Attached Images
File Type: png What Corsair Delivered.png (182.9 KB, 7209 views)
File Type: png What the Customer Specified.png (212.9 KB, 7143 views)

Last edited by red-ray; 06-01-2016 at 05:27 AM. Reason: #8 was not fixed

Old 05-24-2016, 11:40 AM
fulfen's PC Specs

POST ID # = 854320
fulfen Reputation: 10

Hello, i never wrote here before.. as i saw, many people have issues with all versions, but today im pissed really.

Using 4690k overclocked 4.8 ghz and H80i Windows 10. Using latest gratest version. and noticed few days back that my pc crashes. Opened CL4 and noticed that it doesnt work anymore.

It shows nothing, tried to uninstall, with many softwares, installing previous versions, last thing i dont want to reinstall windows. Any suggestions? On SIVX i see all the sensors.
[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by fulfen; 05-24-2016 at 11:43 AM.

Old 05-24-2016, 11:58 AM

POST ID # = 854321
Daniel_46 Reputation: 10

Hi guys,

I wonder if you can help me.

I'm getting a corsair 400C case and I'm thinking of fan placement. I seen this picture below on the corsair website can someone tell me what this configuration is i.e. what size fans they're, whether they are intake or exhausts and also what corsair AIO cooler is being used here?

Help on the matter would be much appreciated, thanks!

Last edited by Daniel_46; 05-24-2016 at 12:04 PM.

Old 05-24-2016, 12:10 PM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 854324
Arrow I suspect the CL4 service is not running

Quote:
Originally Posted by fulfen View Post
On SIV i see all the sensors.
I suspect the CL4 service is not running. From SIV do Menu->Windows->Services->CL4 Control and check is the state in running.

Are there any log files in C:\Users\All Users\CLink4\ that give any clues?

Old 05-24-2016, 12:20 PM
fulfen's PC Specs

POST ID # = 854325

Quote:
I suspect the CL4 service is not running. From SIV do Menu->Windows->Services->CL4 Control and check is the state in running.

Are there any log files in C:\Users\All Users\CLink4\ that give any clues?
Yes service was stopped i started but everything same, sending atachments from program data
Attached Files
File Type: zip CLink4 logs.zip (1.60 MB, 170 views)

Old 05-24-2016, 12:27 PM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 854327
Arrow I expect the cooler is either a H110iGTX or the H115i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel_46 View Post
  1. I'm getting a corsair 400C case and I'm thinking of fan placement.
  2. I seen this picture below on the corsair website can someone tell me what this configuration is i.e. what size fans they're, whether they are intake or exhausts
  3. and also what corsair AIO cooler is being used here?
  1. Looking at http://www.corsair.com/en-gb/carbide...mid-tower-case then 2 x 140mm fans can be and are being used.
  2. The fans look to be intake, but using the same cooler it would it trivial to change them to exhaust.
  3. Given the 2 x 140mm fans I expect the cooler is either a H110iGTX or the H115i which replaced it.
  4. The H110i could also be used and I prefer the H110i as it has stronger firmware and is cooling wise much the same, see http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=795986.
  5. You sould really have posted the URL where you got the image from as what is said there may provide more information.

Last edited by red-ray; 05-24-2016 at 12:51 PM.

Old 05-24-2016, 12:36 PM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 854329
Thumbs down The CL4 Service is crashing

Quote:
Originally Posted by fulfen View Post
Yes service was stopped i started but everything same, sending atachments from program data
Looking in Service_Error.log it reports as below, so the CL4 Service is crashing .

You need to add you PC Specs to your profile for me to comment further. In Operating System specify the build number.

Screen shots of the SIV initial and CL4 Control screens would also help.

The log files are huge and it would be easier to figure out what is happening if you
  1. Exited the CL4 GUI
  2. Deleted all the .LOG files
  3. Used SIV to start the CL4 Service. Only try and start it once.

Quote:
2016-05-24 19:19:10.2136 | 7 | DESKTOP-734D1TO | 4.2.3.41 | DevicesMonitor | ->
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.CSharp, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
File name: 'Microsoft.CSharp, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a'
at CorsairLink4.Service.Hubs.ServerToClientHub.PushDevicesDataRequest()
at CorsairLink4.Service.Service.SignalRCommunicationProvider.SendClientSpecificDevicesQuery()
at CorsairLink4.Service.Service.ClientSpecificDevicesComponent.<Accept>d__0.MoveNext()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at CorsairLink4.Service.Service.DevicesMonitor.<RunTask>d__21.MoveNext()

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

Last edited by red-ray; 05-24-2016 at 01:07 PM.

Old 05-24-2016, 01:08 PM
fulfen's PC Specs

POST ID # = 854337

Thanks man, really friendly forum. Sending the pics, updated specs
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CLservice.jpg (98.4 KB, 1279 views)
File Type: jpg SIVinitial.jpg (209.3 KB, 1243 views)

Last edited by fulfen; 05-24-2016 at 01:16 PM.

Closed Thread