The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Corsair Link

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 24 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 11-25-2015, 06:13 AM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 822047
red-ray Reputation: 81
Arrow Win 10 TH2+RS1/2/3/4 - Fix for CL 3.2.5742 discovered new devices reboot needed popup

I have seen many threads about issues with endless reboot popups on W10 TH2 + RS1 + RS2 + RS3 and decided to try and figure out what was really needed. The bottom line seems to be that you just need to delete SelectiveSuspendEnabled for ALL the Corsair Integrated USB Bridges. If you check HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Enum\USB\VID_1B1C&PID_0C04\<different on every system>\Device Parameters with REGEDIT you will typically see:

Note that SelectiveSuspendEnabled is REG_BINARY. Right/Click on it and select Delete. Having done this run CL, refresh the REGEDIT panel and it will be:

Note that SelectiveSuspendEnabled is now back after being deleted, is now a REG_DWORD and the others have been set to zero. Repeat this for ALL the Corsair Integrated USB Bridges and Corsair Link PMBus Bridges (note PID is 0C02).

All I did was cancel the new hardware detected panel and all seems to be OK.

To me it seems that CL is trying to do the EnhancedPowerManagementEnabled kluge and the code is far from ideal. I suspect that it's doing a RegSetValueEx() to set SelectiveSuspendEnabled to zero which is failing as it's a one byte REG_BINARY rather than a REG_DWORD.

I further suspect the CL code is incorrect as all that I expect is needed is to set EnhancedPowerManagementEnabled to zero and CL should not be changing any of the other Device Parameters at all. Changing a standard Microsoft parameter from REG_BINARY to a REG_DWORD is at best poor and I feel a very bad idea which is likely to cause undesirable side effects.

After more checking on W10 TH1 SelectiveSuspendEnabled is a REG_DWORD and on TH2 + RS1 it's a one byte REG_BINARY.

I reported this issue to Corsair on 24-Sep-2015 so it could/should have been fixed before CL 3.2.5742 was released.

Only EnhancedPowerManagementEnabled needs to be set to zero and none of the other Device Parameters should be changed/set to zero though there are many misleading posts that say they should. I also suspect CL 3.2.5742 is setting things to zero when it should not be and this should be corrected. CL needing to reboot the system is very silly as all it needs to do is restart the USB device which takes two lines of code.
Attached Images
File Type: png TH2 Initial.png (38.2 KB, 17632 views)
File Type: png TH2 After.png (40.4 KB, 16692 views)

Last edited by red-ray; 09-04-2017 at 09:07 AM. Reason: Add Corsair Link PMBus Bridge + W10 RS1/RS2/RS3/RS4

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-25-2015, 03:40 PM
antonyfrn's PC Specs

POST ID # = 822134
antonyfrn Reputation: 20

Thanks red-ray works perfect!

Old 11-25-2015, 09:15 PM

POST ID # = 822192
jsarver Reputation: 10

the values never reset for select suspend... the whole option is still gone. now what??

Old 11-26-2015, 12:37 AM

POST ID # = 822211
KedarWolf Reputation: 13
Big Grin

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsarver View Post
the values never reset for select suspend... the whole option is still gone. now what??
This worked for me.

http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=153696

Last edited by Technobeard; 11-26-2015 at 05:04 AM.

Old 11-26-2015, 02:31 AM

POST ID # = 822213

I ended up deleting the entire registry folder of vid1b1c. A restart brought all values back to default and then the fix worked. FYI if you have already changed the top 3 values to zero and then delete you won't get suspend to appear again. All values must be default before you follow these steps.

Old 11-26-2015, 04:44 AM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 822228

Quote:
For openers you need to specify what device you have and posting screen shots would be sensible.

Quote:
I ended up deleting the entire registry folder of vid1b1c. A restart brought all values back to default and then the fix worked. FYI if you have already changed the top 3 values to zero and then delete you won't get suspend to appear again. All values must be default before you follow these steps.
You should not delete the registry folder, but should use Device Manager to uninstall the the device and then do Scan for hardware changes.

Last edited by red-ray; 11-26-2015 at 10:57 AM.

Old 11-26-2015, 12:42 PM

POST ID # = 822285

As I said above. If you have done the Windows regedit BEFORE you follow your steps select suspend will not show back up after you delete it and restart cl.

No issues deleting the vid1b1c folder itself. In fact that's the only way to get select suspend entry back if you delete it post regedit. It does take some higher level privileges to accomplish.

Even deleting the device from manager doesn't remove/change the registry values or options.

Again this is just a tip for people who followed your steps and never got select suspend to come back after restarting cl.

Old 11-26-2015, 07:39 PM

POST ID # = 822324
marquesjm Reputation: 10

After I made the changes you suggested I still have the same issue ...

Old 11-26-2015, 08:05 PM
swarfega's PC Specs

POST ID # = 822330
swarfega Reputation: 13

Worked for me!

Old 11-27-2015, 04:45 AM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 822362

Quote:
Originally Posted by marquesjm View Post
After I made the changes you suggested I still have the same issue ...
Over the years I have found that "I made the changes" should be "I think I have made the changes" so you need to post some screen shots if you wish me to help you.

You have not even added your PC specs to your profile or specified what CL hardware you have.

Last edited by red-ray; 11-27-2015 at 07:55 AM.

Old 11-27-2015, 10:59 AM
LiLCLEMO's PC Specs

POST ID # = 822403
LiLCLEMO Reputation: 10

It's worked, finally. I just deleted everything in device parameters and restarted.

only EnumerationRetryCount, SymbolicName and default came back.

everything seems to be working fine now. cheers

Old 11-27-2015, 06:29 PM
kansasboy001's PC Specs

POST ID # = 822465
kansasboy001 Reputation: 13

Still doesn't work with original commander. The commander simply doesn't show up in link.

Old 11-28-2015, 03:29 AM
Ian_Ann's PC Specs

POST ID # = 822526
Ian_Ann Reputation: 15

Same here,

Windows updated yesterday morning - everything did run well with SIV aus usual. After modifying a couple of things with my custom water loop over the day and finally powered up the system in the evening, the fans ran but with a sinus-kind of pulsing every two seconds. (I indeed tried switching (USB)cables, checked connections etc..)

Commander Mini showed up in SIV but I weren't able to modify ANY fan setting.

Okay then - tried to deal with Corsair's software - nothing - CCM now neither shows up in SIV, nor in the command center and the LED on the top of the CCM doesn't stop blinking green/orange. (The little fellow makes a light tickling noise - didn't hear that anytime before) I then tried the registry settings regarding the windows upgrade and even GOT back to an older W10 Version just to get beck to normal - nothing.

After all I had to rip CCM out of my rig and connect all the fans directly to the mainboard. It doesn't allow me to run custom fan curves, but it actually does run my fans "normally" without pulsing or sth.

All fans are PWMed Noctuas, I of course tested out other USB Ports on the Mainboard, CCM at last didn't even show up in SIV under [USB ...].

Old 11-28-2015, 05:10 AM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 822532
Question update the driver?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kansasboy001 View Post
Still doesn't work with original commander. The commander simply doesn't show up in link.
What does Device Manager report? You may need to update the driver. See the end of http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=777371 for how to do this.

Old 11-28-2015, 05:18 AM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 822533
Arrow post screen shots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Ann View Post
CCM at last didn't even show up in SIV under [USB ...].
You have made so many changes it's impossible to know what happened. A screen shot of [Link Devices] may provide some insight. If SIV does not work then post screen shots otherwise there is no way to help you.

If the CLCC is not listed on [USB Bus] then it's a hardware issue. Try power cycling the system.