The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Corsair Link

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 83 votes, 4.87 average. Display Modes
Old 08-16-2015, 07:52 AM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 796244
red-ray Reputation: 81
Cool SIV 5.03 Beta-00 with Asetek cooler fan control

I have now added Asetek fan control. Please contact me if you would like to test the 5.03 Beta.

SIV can use any temperature source, rather than just the internal one (http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=795986).

Attached Images
File Type: png H80iGT.png (85.3 KB, 1565 views)

Last edited by red-ray; 08-21-2015 at 03:46 AM.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-26-2015, 11:23 PM
cavey00's PC Specs

POST ID # = 802840
cavey00 Reputation: 13
Default Siv LED control

Hey Ray, I still can't solve this problem. Here is a screenshot of my LinkLights screen. The bottom two, GPU 0 an 1 won't follow the correct pattern. I can set the values in the two columns the same and I still get two different colors. This is on a fresh install of W10. The same thing happens with the beta, as well as if I leave the -CTRCRL argument out of the startup. The blobs change to blue but it still follows the same pattern. I've played around with values including temp range but it just won't stick. I have no idea where it's pulling that green value on the Lights LED 2 on the bottom from. The only clue I have is if I set the mode to static (0) the values to make green are there. I can change those and hit save, Apply, and Reset and it will stay. As soon as I change it to 3 for temp and hit Save it will go back to Green and change the static value back to the green value. I'm a bit baffled.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Siv LED.JPG (90.7 KB, 1427 views)

Old 08-27-2015, 03:32 AM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 802865
red-ray Reputation: 81

You MUST specify -AIOCTL or -CRLCTL (deprecated). Having two LEDs called Lights LED 1/2 is silly so change the names to be unique. I would name them GPU-0 LED and GPU-1 LED.

I think you are saying the top two work and the bottom two don't. Is this the case? If so I suspect you have a hardware or firmware issue. Post [Link Status] so I can check what firmware you have.

Trying to work out what colour should be displayed from the values you have set is almost impossible so setup things as below. I have just checked here and SIV correctly controls my Lighting Nodes.

Looking at GPU-1 LED then I would expect RED to have values in the range 249 to 252 so it being 182 seems strange and I wonder if the firmware has an issue/bug. I really need to see what happens with the 0/255 settings.

Does the colour of the LEDs match the colour displayed by SIV?

The issues were down to a bug in SIV 5.02. This has been fixed in SIV 5.03 Beta-11 and later.

Attached Images
File Type: png [AIO Link Lights].png (65.8 KB, 1464 views)

Last edited by red-ray; 08-30-2015 at 11:10 AM. Reason: Added fixed in SIV 5.03 Beta-11

Old 08-27-2015, 01:03 PM
cavey00's PC Specs

POST ID # = 802970
Default Siv Lighting

I have indeed set -CRLCTL in the startup, so I do have pink blobs. I changed the naming on the LED's to match what portion of the machine they are mounted in, so that's easier for us to distinguish. Tonight I'll try changing the values to what you have listed and see what happens.

Just for clarification, before changing any values should I press Reset? After changing values should I press Apply or Save? Maybe I'm pressing things in the wrong order. I reread the instructions on the first post in this thread and I think I may have been hitting Reset last. Sorry if I seem a bit confused. I'm just trying to get this right.

Finally, yes. The color that is listed on the first bar of each column is indeed the color the led's are.

Old 08-27-2015, 05:49 PM
`~~`
wytnyt's PC Specs

POST ID # = 803090
wytnyt wytnyt Reputation: 159
Send a message via ICQ to wytnyt Send a message via AIM to wytnyt Send a message via Yahoo to wytnyt Send a message via Skype™ to wytnyt

Wondering if there will ever be ui so that items can be seen/viewed easier and have eye appeal...

Old 08-27-2015, 06:17 PM
cavey00's PC Specs

POST ID # = 803098

Quote:
Originally Posted by wytnyt View Post
Wondering if there will ever be ui so that items can be seen/viewed easier and have eye appeal...
But then won't you lose the lightweight appeal that this has? I'm no programmer but I would imagine that making an interface like Corsair Link UI takes a ton more coding than what Siv has. I get the appeal of something easier to use though. Until you use it A LOT, things can be hard to get working the way you want them too.

Old 08-27-2015, 06:27 PM
`~~`
wytnyt's PC Specs

POST ID # = 803101
Send a message via ICQ to wytnyt Send a message via AIM to wytnyt Send a message via Yahoo to wytnyt Send a message via Skype™ to wytnyt

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavey00 View Post
But then won't you lose the lightweight appeal that this has? I'm no programmer but I would imagine that making an interface like Corsair Link UI takes a ton more coding than what Siv has. I get the appeal of something easier to use though. Until you use it A LOT, things can be hard to get working the way you want them too.
yes im sure it would require much more in several areas but to me that's what most want,there's other controllers that's been long in use but haven't taken off due to this lacking.,its has much appeal except in this area.

Old 08-27-2015, 06:51 PM
`~~`
wytnyt's PC Specs

POST ID # = 803110

Quote:
Originally Posted by red-ray View Post
No and I have already answered your request for this in http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=777253.
Sorry,I just figured it worthy of repeating,Im sure this is an obstacle to some as it can be a bit over whelming...

Old 08-28-2015, 06:20 AM
LicSqualo's PC Specs

POST ID # = 803266
LicSqualo Reputation: 32

Quote:
Given CL works so well for you why do you keep asking red-ray to change the SIV UI
to be the same as CL
so you can more easily switch to using SIV?

Is CL not actually working as well as you keep claiming it does?

Last edited by LicSqualo; 08-28-2015 at 06:42 AM.

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-28-2015, 05:03 PM
GO302LX's PC Specs

POST ID # = 803428
GO302LX Reputation: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by LicSqualo View Post
Given CL works so well for you why do you keep asking red-ray to change the SIV UI
to be the same as CL
so you can more easily switch to using SIV?

I must agree with LicSqualo!!
Seems "Eye Candy" is more important than "Functionality", by some of the comments directed at Red-Ray and his dedication to SIV, which by the way, is working flawlessly.

Old 08-28-2015, 06:10 PM
`~~`
wytnyt's PC Specs

POST ID # = 803439

Quote:
There really is no ui,hence my asking for such,from what Ive seen on here its productive to keep asking

Quote:
On the contrary they're working quite well ,but cant I use others also?
My 4930 has a link mini,3 nodes 2 aquaero's and a farbwerk all working

Quote:
Originally Posted by GO302LX View Post
I must agree with LicSqualo!!
Seems "Eye Candy" is more important than "Functionality", by some of the comments directed at Red-Ray and his dedication to SIV, which by the way, is working flawlessly.
It isn't so much eye candy as its convenience,easy to read see all at a glance and most of all it shows craftsmanship imop

Old 08-28-2015, 07:06 PM
GO302LX's PC Specs

POST ID # = 803450
GO302LX Reputation: 29

Quote:
There really is no ui,hence my asking for such,from what Ive seen on here its productive to keep asking

On the contrary they're working quite well ,but cant I use others also?
My 4930 has a link mini,3 nodes 2 aquaero's and a farbwerk all working

It isn't so much eye candy as its convenience,easy to read see all at a glance and most of all it shows craftsmanship imop
Point Taken.
If the "craftsmanship" is in the programming? You will have the "convenience" setting up program one time and be assured it is doing what is was intended to do. Agree?

Old 08-28-2015, 07:47 PM
cavey00's PC Specs

POST ID # = 803452

Quote:
Have you ever actually tried to use SIV?
That first screen has most of what I need to see personally. I like the simple GPU graph especially.

Old 08-28-2015, 07:56 PM
`~~`
wytnyt's PC Specs

POST ID # = 803454

Quote:
Have you ever actually tried to use SIV?
Yes I have but I'm not one to spend alot of time looking for what I want to be visually available,I think ease of use,functions that perform in increments to be equally important as functionality.,Dont get me wrong now,if there were no other alternative then Id surely lower my expectations but fortunately that hasn't been an issue...
20 years ago when I thought dos was boss,siv woulda been a welcome feature

Last edited by wytnyt; 08-28-2015 at 07:59 PM.

Old 08-28-2015, 08:24 PM
`~~`
wytnyt's PC Specs

POST ID # = 803459

The issue I have is in the UI,which is inadvertently feedback.My 4930 is basically a test build since I have 4 others for everyday purposes ,I run things out of curiosity including siv and prior posts states what I feel would help enhance and propel it in higher usage...

Closed Thread