The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Corsair Link

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 50 votes, 4.82 average. Display Modes
Old 02-17-2015, 12:55 PM
mrchips1's PC Specs

POST ID # = 760912
mrchips1 Reputation: 10
Default New Improved Link Software

Will all registered users receive an e-mail advising download and installation instructions? I am assuming this will be device firmware as well as the Link software updates. Please clarify.
BTW: Take whatever time you need, just get it right, please

Last edited by mrchips1; 02-17-2015 at 01:06 PM. Reason: Left off an after-thought

Old 02-17-2015, 12:55 PM
Ian_Ann's PC Specs

POST ID # = 760913
Ian_Ann Reputation: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by alucard_24 View Post
Where? He said that new release was planned on 16th Feb 2015. Today is 17th Feb 2015.... so where is the new update?
Albeit I'm really not happy about the actual version, he said the 16th is kind of a 'best-case-date', not the real release date.

But really: give us a forecast when will the final version be released? Next month? Or in april?

Even if you know you cannot fix various bugs we posted soon, give us a chance to give up on Corsair Link and settle to another manufacturer.
Nothing's more annoying than waiting for at least well... waiting. ;)

Chris

Old 02-17-2015, 05:10 PM
Bearded Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 760977
Technobeard Reputation: 68

Quote:
Originally Posted by alucard_24 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by snapper69 View Post
It said 2 weeks, so presumably about 2nd March?
Where? He said that new release was planned on 16th Feb 2015. Today is 17th Feb 2015.... so where is the new update?
Here's what he actually said in the original post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by COOL GUY View Post
The new date for the software to be released is the 16th of February. That date is a best case scenario that can/will move if needed.

2/11/15
The new 3.1.xxxx is still under test and some issues were found with the fixes for the firmware on H80i and H100i. The new firmware is going to be pulled along with the new firmware update bootloader for the 3.1.xxxx release at first. It is still being worked on but will be a couple weeks behind as we have to start qualification over again after updating the firmware.

Old 02-20-2015, 08:24 AM
Ian_Ann's PC Specs

POST ID # = 761593

So no News at all?
No updated release Date?
No Status?
Did every software engineer quit?

Come on Corsair, seriously? Nothing?

Old 02-20-2015, 08:45 AM

POST ID # = 761596
caymandive Reputation: 10

New Software is available for download. I saw it earlier. http://www.corsair.com/en-us/support/downloads

Old 02-20-2015, 09:10 AM
Ian_Ann's PC Specs

POST ID # = 761599

Quote:
Originally Posted by caymandive View Post
New Software is available for download. I saw it earlier. http://www.corsair.com/en-us/support/downloads
Oh, okay. Great News!
Gonna try it out as soon as possible.

Old 02-20-2015, 09:30 AM
Specter's PC Specs

POST ID # = 761605
Specter Reputation: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Ann View Post
Oh, okay. Great News!
Gonna try it out as soon as possible.
I suggest that you take screenshots of your custom curve settings as it wiped all my custom curve settings when updating.

Old 02-20-2015, 08:58 PM
felipy2k's PC Specs

POST ID # = 761784
felipy2k Reputation: 10

Still problems with CPU temp! Dawmn Corsair !!
The temp keeps blinking !

Old 02-24-2015, 05:51 PM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 762498
red-ray Reputation: 81
Red face Mutiple GPU Detecton

Quote:
Updated 2/11/15
  • The new CPUID SDK is what runs all of the motherboard, GPU, and HDD sensors. An update just brings on new hardware that might not have been supported before. SLI/Crossfire detection is still not working.. yet.
Franck (CPUID SDK author) says that Corsair have fixed this and it was a bug in their code.

Old 03-12-2015, 03:56 PM

POST ID # = 765815
AlphaBravo Reputation: 16

Quote:
Updated 2/11/15

The new 3.1.xxxx is still under test and some issues were found with the fixes for the firmware on H80i and H100i. The new firmware is going to be pulled along with the new firmware update bootloader for the 3.1.xxxx release at first. It is still being worked on but will be a couple weeks behind as we have to start qualification over again after updating the firmware.
Is there any news on the firmware update for the H80i and the H100i?

Old 03-13-2015, 02:27 PM
alucard_24's PC Specs

POST ID # = 765996
alucard_24 Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaBravo View Post
Is there any news on the firmware update for the H80i and the H100i?
Sure :) in the next forty/fifty years :-)

There is no hope for having a working version here.....

Old 03-13-2015, 08:25 PM

POST ID # = 766053
AlphaBravo Reputation: 16

Maybe someone from Corsair will stop by this thread and give us a glimmer of hope to hold onto.

Old 03-24-2015, 06:44 PM

POST ID # = 768454
CircuitWizardry Reputation: 21

It's been 6 weeks since the last update, when we were told that a software update that includes the new firmware was a "couple of weeks behind", which meant that we should have heard something about a month ago.

Sorry, but this is looking like the same ole Corsair... Keep 'em in the Dark, and feed 'em ******.

Old 03-24-2015, 08:14 PM

POST ID # = 768472
hpvoltage Reputation: 12

a tremendous lack respect for the consumer !!!

never product corsair

Old 03-27-2015, 01:40 PM

POST ID # = 769015
jreid360 Reputation: 10

I have been waiting patiently as well. I have 2 H80i’s and 1 H100i. I have not returned either as I have been hoping for a stable Link Software release for 2 years now. I have continued to buy the “I” series because I see the potential of the software.

Negative comments aside. This comes down to a process of marketing and advertising your hardware specifically with Link Software compatibility on windows 7 and windows 8 platforms. The Link Software gives your products a seeming “step up” on the competition. The ability to monitor Link marketed hardware with the Link Software. Corsair has confirmed in this thread the ability of the software has fallen short on that advertisement.

If Corsair isn't careful this has all the makings of turning into a class action lawsuit where they could stand to lose millions vs investing a few hundred thousand dollars in a competent/devoted development team.

Think about it… You are already losing hundreds of thousands if not Millions in Direct RMA’s, Reverse Logistics, Support Staff Headcount and Customers Returning the products to vendors because they get the product home and find it doesn’t work as advertised. That is a major let down as a consumer. (It was for me.) In theory, your software related returns on “I” series hardware could potentially range 30%-70%. Meaning the hardware works great but the software doesn’t and causes the consumer to return the non-defective hardware. The average consumer would think that the software is necessary/required to properly run the hardware (eg. the fans of the H100i or H80i).

Corsair – Please save yourself money in agonizing court procedures and do what you set out to do. Give us the innovating hardware and software combo you set out to create and that we set out to purchase. It’s not as difficult as you are making it. All of this unnecessary delay is only wasting millions in potential revenue. It’s really ridiculous when you think about it.

Last edited by jreid360; 03-27-2015 at 02:18 PM.

Closed Thread