The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Corsair Link

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 01-28-2015, 01:46 AM

POST ID # = 756620
CircuitWizardry Reputation: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair Dustin View Post
I can at least say this is a documented bug in CL.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair Dustin View Post
That information is unfortunately in our internal bug tracker and is not available to end users.
Do you get why we are pissed off about this? You reply in a manner that we should realize that something is a documented bug. When challenged, you admit we can't know if things are documented or not, as we can't see the bug list.

We are told we need to send bug reports in a specific format, but then we get releases of software, that fail to say if bugs are fixed, and are told we just need to try the newest piece of Alpha/Beta BS that is slung at us.

If you really want to help, with a little customer service, fight to get some things done correctly. A nice start would be a way for people to see a list of issues, and then for releases to say which issues have been addressed.

As I've said before, you are just the newest deck hand to change the arrangement of chairs on the Titanic! If you wish to be known as anything else, help to provide some information to the community.

Old 01-28-2015, 07:20 AM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 756656
red-ray Reputation: 81
Wink Surely they must

Surely they must! Failing to have a customer accessible summary of common issues is unacceptable and unprofessional. Ideally there would be access to a list of all known issues.

I would like to check if the default RPM for Fan 5 being 2150 rather than 2000 is a known issue. I guess this is a hangover from this being the pump on the H100i/H80i.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-29-2015, 01:17 AM
ApexAU's PC Specs

POST ID # = 756871
ApexAU Reputation: 13

Maybe Corsair are refusing to release the issue tracker because it would scare off potential customers? I would have avoided Link like the plague if I knew how many problems it had.

That's a pretty cynical theory and probably incorrect. I think the most likely explanation is Corsair simply haven't given it any thought and don't understand the importance of a public bug list. They're obviously inexperienced at software development so it makes sense...

Old 02-02-2015, 03:38 PM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 757703
Woah! I have a handle on what is happening

I have been doing some more testing and I think I have a handle on what is happening. I have noted the following:

1) When I write 0xFF to the mode register it reads back as 0x8F, so my code thought the command had failed to enable manual feedback mode. This happens for the H100i/H110iGT/CL Mini, but the old Cooling node/H100/H80 which read back as the 0x00FF that I wrote.
2) If I ignore the unexpected returned mode and update the feedback temperature anyway then the fan speeds change.
3) SIV only writes the temperature feedback when the temperature changes. I have noticed that the firmware changes the feedback temperature I set to the internal temperature.

The net effect is that I think there are two firmware bugs:

1) The mode is not returned correctly.
2) The feedback temperature gets overwritten when it should not be.

Please will you pass this onto the development manager and provide feedback to me?

Last edited by red-ray; 02-04-2015 at 05:05 AM.

Old 02-04-2015, 04:50 AM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 758014
Smile From V4.52 SIV works around these issues when -AIOCTL is specified

I have now managed to work around these issues with the latest SIV 4.52 Beta, but only when -AIOCTL is specified. This is needed as the firmware fails to correctly report the mode register, so SIV needs to write to it, read it back and then deduce from the incorrect value that is reported what is needed to make temperature feedback work.

Quote:

Attached Images
File Type: png Link Fans.png (88.0 KB, 2374 views)
File Type: png [Link Fans].png (98.5 KB, 807 views)

Last edited by red-ray; 03-05-2017 at 03:28 AM. Reason: -CRLCTL -> -AIOCTL

Old 05-22-2015, 02:41 AM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 780485
Question When will the firmware fixed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by red-ray View Post
Please will you pass this onto the development manager and provide feedback to me?
It has now been over 3 months and the only feedback I have received is that this issue has been escalated.

Given I it took me 2 days to code and test a work-a-round I would expect the firmware could be corrected in a similar time frame. Please can you explain why it's taking so long and tell me the date when Corsair expect to release a corrected firmware?

Last edited by red-ray; 05-22-2015 at 03:06 AM.

Old 05-25-2015, 05:38 AM
Blofeld2k's PC Specs

POST ID # = 781003
Blofeld2k Reputation: 12

Sad to say Ray, but I asked a similar question here http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=140828

"As for more substantial fixes, I'm not entirely certain what the ETA is on those."

I'm smelling an EOL all the way to Sweden...

Old 05-26-2015, 09:51 AM

POST ID # = 781141
AlphaBravo Reputation: 16

As of this date, Corsair is still advertising it as a feature on the Commander Mini's product web page.

"Manage fan speeds individually, set up customized cooling profiles, or program fans to respond to changes in ambient temperature – the choice is yours."

Has this feature ever work correctly?

Old 05-28-2015, 11:14 AM

POST ID # = 781551
kenobe Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaBravo View Post
As of this date, Corsair is still advertising it as a feature on the Commander Mini's product web page.

"Manage fan speeds individually, set up customized cooling profiles, or program fans to respond to changes in ambient temperature – the choice is yours."

Has this feature ever work correctly?
Not for me! Just installed my Mini last night. It detects temp and controls the LEDs wonderfully. It does not show a single one of my 6 fans that are connected to it, so I can't control their speed. At this point it's only supplying a constant voltage to those 6 fans. I'm NOT happy.

I believe my problem is I need PWM fans with 4 pins instead of the 3 most of my fans have??? Does that mean I gotta go spend another $100 to get all new fans???

Old 05-28-2015, 11:45 AM
Corsair Employee
Corsair Dustin's PC Specs

POST ID # = 781568
Corsair Dustin Reputation: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenobe View Post
Not for me! Just installed my Mini last night. It detects temp and controls the LEDs wonderfully. It does not show a single one of my 6 fans that are connected to it, so I can't control their speed. At this point it's only supplying a constant voltage to those 6 fans. I'm NOT happy.

I believe my problem is I need PWM fans with 4 pins instead of the 3 most of my fans have??? Does that mean I gotta go spend another $100 to get all new fans???
No, the Mini absolutely should be detecting your 3-pin fans and giving you control over them. I'd RMA it.

Please do not send private messages requesting tech support or trouble shooting. You can create a thread and let the solution to your issue be visible to everyone, or alternatively, work directly with tech support by contacting them here.

Old 05-31-2015, 08:01 AM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 781949
Wink See is SIV does any better, it often does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenobe View Post

I have both 3-pin and 4-pin fans connected to both CL Minis and Cooling nodes. My SIV utility reports them all correctly, but CL fails to do this. Does SIV report all yours? See http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=140665.

If you post [USB Bus], [Link Devices], [Link Status] and [Link Fans] screen shots I may be able to deduce that your issue is.

Old 06-06-2015, 03:28 PM
axiun's PC Specs

POST ID # = 783354
axiun Reputation: 27

So, any reason this hasn't been addressed in the public branch 8 months after it has been officially reported? Poor show Corsair, poor show.

Old 06-07-2015, 09:27 AM
ApexAU's PC Specs

POST ID # = 783457
ApexAU Reputation: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by axiun View Post
So, any reason this hasn't been addressed in the public branch 8 months after it has been officially reported? Poor show Corsair, poor show.
Corsair seems hopelessly disorganised when it comes to documenting and squashing the litany of bugs in Link. Several bugs have been around for much longer than eight months. I've been seeing phantom devices and 0 RPM fans in so many version I've lost count.

Old 06-07-2015, 09:36 AM

POST ID # = 783459

I used a first generation Corsair Link module with the separate cooling node, and that setup had no problem controlling the fans based on the temperature probe readings. It seems odd that the newer generation Corsair Link Commander Mini, which is supposed to be more capable than the older generation, can't do something that the previous generation had no trouble doing.

The ability to control fans based on the temperature probes is one of the core, advertised abilities of the Commander Mini. This known issue should be fixed, or it should stop being advertised as feature.

Old 06-12-2015, 06:29 PM

POST ID # = 784556
Sad

I installed the SIV utility (thanks Ray), and tried to see if I could use that to control my fans based on the temperature probes, but alas, I was unable to figure it out. I guess I need step-by-step instructions.