The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Corsair Link

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 38 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 08-04-2014, 08:05 PM
sandstorm1's PC Specs

POST ID # = 721701
sandstorm1 Reputation: 29

also, are we going to be stuck with the original commander and have to buy the new mini, just to be possibly stuck with a new device that still does not work.....

Old 08-04-2014, 08:08 PM
`~~`
wytnyt's PC Specs

POST ID # = 721702
wytnyt wytnyt Reputation: 159
Send a message via ICQ to wytnyt Send a message via AIM to wytnyt Send a message via Yahoo to wytnyt Send a message via Skype™ to wytnyt

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandstorm1 View Post
also, are we going to be stuck with the original commander and have to buy the new mini, just to be possibly stuck with a new device that still does not work.....
considering they announced they were EOL'D last august and would continue offering support during the warranty and being the link has a 1 yr. warranty,i would think not...
if they honored but one then the obligation would be throughout.
of course id be cool to trade up,id be tempted to zap one of mine...

Last edited by wytnyt; 08-04-2014 at 09:13 PM.

Old 08-04-2014, 09:26 PM
LeRoy3rd's PC Specs

POST ID # = 721708
LeRoy3rd Reputation: 20

I saw the picture and ports you were referring to, I just needed more info. I'll break it down a bit more:

1) If I buy this, I assume I'll use the USB header for the Commander Mini INSTEAD of using the USB header for my H80i. Is that correct? (I've only got one USB2 header on my mobo)

2) Do I still leave the pump for my H80i connected to the mobo, or does it get plugged into the Commander mini?

3) Do the two fans on my H80i stay connected to the H80i, and the commander connects to the other port on the H80i, or do I plug the H80i fans into the Commander?

4) If I plug the H80i's fans into the commander, I assume (based on the form factor of the ports you highlighted) that I can still use the Y-connector and attach both fan to one input on the Commander mini?

5) I don't see any mounting holes on the sides, will it be mountable to my 5.25" bay, or do you have some other mounting solution in mind? If so, what?

Thanks,
LeRoy3rd

Old 08-04-2014, 11:40 PM
Homo sapien
thenosbod's PC Specs

POST ID # = 721716
thenosbod Reputation: 60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair Bunny Foo Foo #5 View Post
Christmas in July? We had a teaser back in January when we attended CES and rumors were flying around about a new Commander.

Ta da!

http://www.corsair.com/en-us/blog/20...commander_mini

You might be asking, when will it be released? Great question! Stay tuned.
Might be in our stores for xmas 2015

Old 08-05-2014, 12:03 PM
`~~`
wytnyt's PC Specs

POST ID # = 721780
Send a message via ICQ to wytnyt Send a message via AIM to wytnyt Send a message via Yahoo to wytnyt Send a message via Skype™ to wytnyt

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenosbod View Post
Might be in our stores for xmas 2015

nah,,end of this month

Old 08-05-2014, 01:43 PM
Corsair Employee
Fauxbeard's PC Specs

POST ID # = 721800
Fauxbeard Reputation: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeRoy3rd View Post
I saw the picture and ports you were referring to, I just needed more info. I'll break it down a bit more:

1) If I buy this, I assume I'll use the USB header for the Commander Mini INSTEAD of using the USB header for my H80i. Is that correct? (I've only got one USB2 header on my mobo)

2) Do I still leave the pump for my H80i connected to the mobo, or does it get plugged into the Commander mini?

3) Do the two fans on my H80i stay connected to the H80i, and the commander connects to the other port on the H80i, or do I plug the H80i fans into the Commander?

4) If I plug the H80i's fans into the commander, I assume (based on the form factor of the ports you highlighted) that I can still use the Y-connector and attach both fan to one input on the Commander mini?

5) I don't see any mounting holes on the sides, will it be mountable to my 5.25" bay, or do you have some other mounting solution in mind? If so, what?

Thanks,
LeRoy3rd
1. Yes, Corsair Link-ready devices should be connected to the Commander Mini via the Link Digital port.

2. See #1

3. The H80i fans can be plugged into the Commander Mini but since the H80i has a built-in fan controller which can be controlled by the Link software, it's best to use the fan ports on the Commander Mini for case fans.

4. The ports I highlighted are the Link Digital ports which are not similar as the fan ports on the H80i/H100i (more pins; wider). If you are referring to the fan ports on the Commander Mini, yes but only one fan can be controlled (other fan will be at a static RPM).

5. The Commander Mini is 5.25" wide. It can be placed in an available 5.25" bay or hidden behind the motherboard tray.

Last edited by Fauxbeard; 08-05-2014 at 01:48 PM. Reason: clarification #4

Old 08-05-2014, 01:45 PM
Corsair Employee
Fauxbeard's PC Specs

POST ID # = 721801

Quote:
Originally Posted by wytnyt View Post
nah,,end of this month
I wish I can confirm this. I don't have the details regarding the release date for the Commander Mini as mentioned on my initial post. More information will be provided once the Commander Mini has been included in our product pages.

Old 08-05-2014, 02:24 PM
Its all about the caps
SpDFre@k's PC Specs

POST ID # = 721809
SpDFre@k Reputation: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeRoy3rd View Post

Thanks,
LeRoy3rd
The tach output from the Hydro series should still go to the CPU fan header on the MB. This is specifically as a fail safe since most all BIOS will give you the error message of no CPU fan connected if it is not getting a signal.

There is double sided sticky tape included with the Mini that allows the unit to be placed anywhere it will fit. It is thin enough to go behind most motherboard trays to allow for better cable routing. It is just wide enough to fit inside the ODD cage on cases if you want to place it there as well but it does not screw into place it would just sit on the bottom of the cage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wytnyt View Post
since no one has ask,,ill do it for them as i feel its going to be a big concern

the software that runs the mini,,will it also work for the hydro's?
The Corsair LINK Dashboard software that runs the Commander Mini will also run all of the other Corsair Link hardware. There will not be separate software for any of the devices.

Old 08-05-2014, 04:26 PM
LeRoy3rd's PC Specs

POST ID # = 721816

Quote:
1. Yes, Corsair Link-ready devices should be connected to the Commander Mini via the Link Digital port.

2. See #1

3. The H80i fans can be plugged into the Commander Mini but since the H80i has a built-in fan controller which can be controlled by the Link software, it's best to use the fan ports on the Commander Mini for case fans.

4. The ports I highlighted are the Link Digital ports which are not similar as the fan ports on the H80i/H100i (more pins; wider). If you are referring to the fan ports on the Commander Mini, yes but only one fan can be controlled (other fan will be at a static RPM).

5. The Commander Mini is 5.25" wide. It can be placed in an available 5.25" bay or hidden behind the motherboard tray.

SOLD! For some reason the Corsair link software will not see all of my fans (I've got 6 including the two on the h80i), so I was just about to buy a fan controller (shudder). Do me a favor and walk into the product development team and give them a kick in the butt to help them get this out the door, I've got cash, I'm ready to buy now!

-LeRoy3rd

Old 08-05-2014, 05:06 PM
Corsair Employee
Fauxbeard's PC Specs

POST ID # = 721822

Best I can do with the resources that I have.

Old 08-05-2014, 05:19 PM
`~~`
wytnyt's PC Specs

POST ID # = 721824

Quote:
I wish I can confirm this. I don't have the details regarding the release date for the Commander Mini as mentioned on my initial post. More information will be provided once the Commander Mini has been included in our product pages.
i know you cant offer further info,,im just going by my psp
ive seen many items released in the past from various company's and ive seen when its announced,,the product usually follows a month or less...

Old 08-05-2014, 06:45 PM
Its all about the caps
SpDFre@k's PC Specs

POST ID # = 721828
SpDFre@k Reputation: 30

According to Corsair James on the Corsair Facebook page it looks like the Mini should be available from the Corsair webstore on 8/11. So it should be out by next week.

Old 08-05-2014, 06:48 PM
LeRoy3rd's PC Specs

POST ID # = 721829

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpDFre@k View Post
According to Corsair James on the Corsair Facebook page it looks like the Mini should be available from the Corsair webstore on 8/11. So it should be out by next week.
WOOOO!!! Credit card ready (and weeping)

Old 08-05-2014, 06:53 PM
Corsair Employee
Fauxbeard's PC Specs

POST ID # = 721830

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpDFre@k View Post
Well, shucks... I'm always the last to know.

Attached Images
File Type: png CmdMiniReldate.PNG (11.5 KB, 1093 views)

Last edited by Fauxbeard; 08-05-2014 at 06:55 PM.

Old 08-05-2014, 07:00 PM
`~~`
wytnyt's PC Specs

POST ID # = 721832

still within my psp time frame