The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Corsair Link

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #76  
Old 11-19-2013, 07:42 AM
Sottti's Avatar
Sottti Sottti is offline
Gamer
Sottti's PC Specs
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: London
Posts: 25
POST ID # = 683365
Sottti Reputation: 10
Default

The said 4-6 weeks. That was Oct 18, 2013. Almost 5 weeks ago.

Quote:
We hope to have a Windows 8.1 BETA available in the next 4-6 weeks here on the forum.


  #77  
Old 11-24-2013, 07:05 AM
tsearax's Avatar
tsearax tsearax is offline
Registered User
tsearax's PC Specs
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 21
POST ID # = 684177
tsearax Reputation: 10
Default

Should be any day now. They finally managed to get an updated driver out for their HEADSETS a couple of days ago.


  #78  
Old 11-24-2013, 12:42 PM
Sottti's Avatar
Sottti Sottti is offline
Gamer
Sottti's PC Specs
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: London
Posts: 25
POST ID # = 684205
Sottti Reputation: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsearax View Post
Should be any day now. They finally managed to get an updated driver out for their HEADSETS a couple of days ago.
Hope it's true.

By the way I've read about Windows 8.2 arriving in January. I hope it isn't such painful.


  #79  
Old 11-24-2013, 01:06 PM
wytnyt's Avatar
wytnyt wytnyt is offline
`~~`
wytnyt's PC Specs
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Roanoke, Virginia
Posts: 8,108
POST ID # = 684207
wytnyt wytnyt Reputation: 159
Send a message via ICQ to wytnyt Send a message via AIM to wytnyt Send a message via Yahoo to wytnyt Send a message via Skype™ to wytnyt
Default

what i want to know is why cant microsoft put out a OS that works like its supposed to.
every time they release yet another update,companies such as Corsair has to scramble to make their products co-exist.,,and not just for their link system but for keyboards,mice,headsets,and every other line of products.and this is each time theres a new version/update.
and the end sufferer is the customer waiting to have their products work properly.
__________________
My 4930k Air 540 Custom Loop Build Pics
http://s39.photobucket.com/user/wytn...?sort=3&page=1


  #80  
Old 11-25-2013, 03:15 PM
MJG101 MJG101 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 4
POST ID # = 684385
MJG101 Reputation: 10
Default

New user here deciding to chime in with my experience, at first corsair link did not read any of my fans, but the automatic solution in the OP fixed that.

Soon enough though, corsair link would fail when logging in. I have tried reinstalling with and without this fix, no luck. Also I heard "device connect/disconnect sounds" (as though some one was inserting and removing a usb stick. This was only with the fix implemented and it wasn't working. I used a program called USBDeview, and found it was indeed the USB of the h100i. Further made sure by removing other factors. With corsair link without this fix the sounds are gone, and the fix no longer works at all.

The only way it wont fail is when corsair link is not set to start with windows at all; and just accepting that it cannot detect fans (a different sort of failure...).

This was a new build with 8.1 pro and the H100i from the start, all drivers in place before the initial installation of the link software.

I also eagerly await proper windows 8.1 support.... very eagerly. As it was also likely the reason why the custom curves did not seem to work right when link was working briefly with this fix...


  #81  
Old 11-25-2013, 09:17 PM
MJG101 MJG101 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 4
POST ID # = 684427
MJG101 Reputation: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJG101 View Post
New user here deciding to chime in with my experience, at first corsair link did not read any of my fans, but the automatic solution in the OP fixed that.

Soon enough though, corsair link would fail when logging in. I have tried reinstalling with and without this fix, no luck. Also I heard "device connect/disconnect sounds" (as though some one was inserting and removing a usb stick. This was only with the fix implemented and it wasn't working. I used a program called USBDeview, and found it was indeed the USB of the h100i. Further made sure by removing other factors. With corsair link without this fix the sounds are gone, and the fix no longer works at all.

The only way it wont fail is when corsair link is not set to start with windows at all; and just accepting that it cannot detect fans (a different sort of failure...).

This was a new build with 8.1 pro and the H100i from the start, all drivers in place before the initial installation of the link software.

I also eagerly await proper windows 8.1 support.... very eagerly. As it was also likely the reason why the custom curves did not seem to work right when link was working briefly with this fix...
I thought I had removed everything.... but then I heard window's USB connect/disconnect sound..mocking me.

I went in and undid everything reinstalled my corsair k70 drivers because I realized my volume wheel was not working, and had to "uninstall" and refind the hardware for it work work again.

However the sound persisted, it was the corsair link connection, this time I went in and did the manual regedit method. I also realized the automated script uses a wildcard "*" and I had some weird behavior going on because my mouse's USB hardware id used a similar enough ID... so basically it got messy, I cleaned it, then just did not do the automated way. I just did manual method. To my surprise not only did I get the sound gone, but the corsair link software is working. I'd take caution is using the automated method, the regedit way is not daunting, and the USBDeview software was useful (use whatever you want I just stumbled upon it and it works great for troubleshooting and finding the right hardware ID).


  #82  
Old 11-25-2013, 09:39 PM
Scotty_Two Scotty_Two is offline
Registered User
Scotty_Two's PC Specs
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 31
POST ID # = 684428
Scotty_Two Reputation: 6
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wytnyt View Post
what i want to know is why cant microsoft put out a OS that works like its supposed to.
It works exactly like it's supposed to for me; I have no troubles with 8.1. Is there something that you're having problems with that isn't working "like its supposed to"? If you're referring to the USB update, it works exactly as expected and documented. Microsoft changing how things work is how technology evolves and becomes better. If you'd rather stick with the familiarity of stagnant software rather than adapt to changes that help make things more secure/faster/easier, then by all means, stick with XP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wytnyt View Post
every time they release yet another update,companies such as Corsair has to scramble to make their products co-exist.,,and not just for their link system but for keyboards,mice,headsets,and every other line of products.
Scramble they do not. All other hardware and software that I have installed in my machine had a functioning 8.1 update far prior to the consumer release of 8.1. And "co-exist" is not the right term to use. Corsair Link does not work alongside of Windows, it works within Windows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wytnyt View Post
and this is each time theres a new version/update.
and the end sufferer is the customer waiting to have their products work properly.
Once again, technology evolves. It's how we've come to get computers that make phone calls and fit in our pockets. If you don't like it, then stick to payphones.


  #83  
Old 11-25-2013, 09:49 PM
MJG101 MJG101 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 4
POST ID # = 684429
MJG101 Reputation: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty_Two View Post
It works exactly like it's supposed to for me; I have no troubles with 8.1. Is there something that you're having problems with that isn't working "like its supposed to"? If you're referring to the USB update, it works exactly as expected and documented. Microsoft changing how things work is how technology evolves and becomes better. If you'd rather stick with the familiarity of stagnant software rather than adapt to changes that help make things more secure/faster/easier, then by all means, stick with XP.



Scramble they do not. All other hardware and software that I have installed in my machine had a functioning 8.1 update far prior to the consumer release of 8.1. And "co-exist" is not the right term to use. Corsair Link does not work alongside of Windows, it works within Windows.



Once again, technology evolves. It's how we've come to get computers that make phone calls and fit in our pockets. If you don't like it, then stick to payphones.
I agree, even with macs this happens and they use somewhat of a more "locked/hidden" environment. Most recent example being their changing of their iPhone cables, boom, all kinds of peripherals and cables now need to be changed to work. Windows is a pretty open environment to work in, second to Linux, the cost of being open is having to make the OS work with more varied hardware and user settings. People runnings macs probably don't have as many usb driver issues probably, but I also don't see people building liquid cooled mac gaming machines. Pluses, and minuses.


  #84  
Old 11-25-2013, 11:10 PM
txfeinbergs txfeinbergs is offline
Registered User
txfeinbergs's PC Specs
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 31
POST ID # = 684441
txfeinbergs Reputation: 8
Default

We are in the 6th week now Corsair for something that should have been available 6 weeks ago. Sure hope to see working software soon.


  #85  
Old 11-26-2013, 12:44 AM
ShortHand ShortHand is offline
Registered User
ShortHand's PC Specs
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 1
POST ID # = 684451
ShortHand Reputation: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thatualle1970 View Post
Go into the registry and look for HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\USB\VID_1B1C&PID_0C04. For each port/path string you see under this (numbers and ampersands smushed together), open the "Device Parameters" and change the FOUR DWORD settings to 0 (AllowIdleIrpInD3, DeviceSelectiveSuspended, EnhancedPowerManagementEnabled, SelectiveSuspendEnabled). Reboot.

Windows 8.1 enables Selective Suspend on HID devices by default now, which is not supported on the current firmware of the H80i and H100i. I can confirm that this bug does not appear to exist with the older H80/H100 and USB Commander. Connectivity still isn't perfect, so I'm hoping that there's going to be a firmware update soon to fix this properly.
I COULD KISS YOU RIGHT NOW !!!

Problem fixed !!!!!!!!! (I was about to toss my h100i out the window !)

Cheers Man !!!


(I registered just to say Thanks !, and to beg for an overhaul to the LINK software, Its buggy, and not up to the standard of most Corsair product's !!! )


  #86  
Old 11-26-2013, 04:06 AM
sze_nian sze_nian is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 15
POST ID # = 684484
sze_nian Reputation: 10
Default

This method works but anyone also facing same problem with me? my LED only have Green. other color or not functioning. even at the setting there it is 255-255-255 should be white but appear green, if u make it red 255-0-0 it turns the led off, 0-0-255 also same. only 0-255-0 works. anyone have this problem? yesterday i total shut down my computer n startup i still able to get white functioning.


  #87  
Old 11-26-2013, 11:03 AM
shuffl2me shuffl2me is offline
Registered User
shuffl2me's PC Specs
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 37
POST ID # = 684524
shuffl2me Reputation: 15
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thatualle1970 View Post
Go into the registry and look for HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\USB\VID_1B1C&PID_0C04. For each port/path string you see under this (numbers and ampersands smushed together), open the "Device Parameters" and change the FOUR DWORD settings to 0 (AllowIdleIrpInD3, DeviceSelectiveSuspended, EnhancedPowerManagementEnabled, SelectiveSuspendEnabled). Reboot.

Windows 8.1 enables Selective Suspend on HID devices by default now, which is not supported on the current firmware of the H80i and H100i. I can confirm that this bug does not appear to exist with the older H80/H100 and USB Commander. Connectivity still isn't perfect, so I'm hoping that there's going to be a firmware update soon to fix this properly.
i tried this with my H100 plugged into the link commander unit but, i do not have the HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\USB\VID_1B1C&PID_0C04, i only have HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\USB\VID_1B1C&PID_0C02, i assumed this to be that my unit just had a different ID to yours, but alas no joy :( still cant display my temps,fans nor pump.

i hope they solve this soon, as my i bought the cooling link unit because my H100's button is faulty and will not change fan speeds, it only seems to work for resetting the H110's firmware.

seeing as i have bought two products from corsair now with a 100% failure rate you can imagine how angry i am with corsair right now. i can honestly say i will not buy from them again, total facepalm company

Last edited by shuffl2me; 11-26-2013 at 11:06 AM.


  #88  
Old 11-27-2013, 02:53 AM
Toasted Toasted is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 19,342
POST ID # = 684651
Toasted Toasted Reputation: 124
Default

Have you tried resetting the H100 Firmware?

Quote:
To reset the firmware, use the following procedure:

1. While the computer is running, hold down the profile button for approximately five seconds
2. Wait one minute, while the unit continues to run
3. Shut down your computer
4. Press and hold the profile button for five seconds while turning on the power to your computer.


  #89  
Old 11-27-2013, 02:27 PM
shuffl2me shuffl2me is offline
Registered User
shuffl2me's PC Specs
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 37
POST ID # = 684718
shuffl2me Reputation: 15
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toasted View Post
Have you tried resetting the H100 Firmware?
no i have not tried this but i will.
the problem seems to be with the link software, it shows the fans and pump in the software just at 0RPM and my temp probes show 0c in the software's main window. the fans appear to be working fine, i can hear them spinning and my CPU temp is around 22c.

also if you look under the devices tab there is no link commander shown nor my H100.

however if you go to update firmware there are both listed there for you to update.
in win7 64bit the software worked fine, with win8.1 64bit i get no readlings.
EDIT: i have already updated to the 2.06 firmware from the download section, and am using the RC2.4.5110 software

if i plug the fans into my mobo i get proper reading from Asrock AXTU software, but obviously nothing shows up in link commander as they are not plugged into it.

this to me show that it is a fault with the link commander software.


maybe its just me that thinks it would be nice if they guys at Corsair pulled their finger out and solved this issue, they have had plenty of time now with the release of win8 preview and now the proper release of 8.1


  #90  
Old 11-28-2013, 12:24 AM
Toasted Toasted is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 19,342
POST ID # = 684788
Toasted Toasted Reputation: 124
Default

It sounds like the service is not running.

Go to the options tab and see if the service is running.
If it's not, try start it and see if it helps.


Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:26 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.