Corsair Community

Two M90 prblems - likely need an RMA

Deltrus

I have two issues with my Corsair M90. I've been stalking these forums for a while now, ever since my mouse started having issues with scrolling, where it can scroll down a page or two when I try scrolling up. I have seen several threads confirming that this is not just an issue for my mouse. As in those threads people have had Corsair reps say to update the firmware, I did just the other day, and it did not help. I've made profiles, I've done everything I've seen, the scrolling is not something fixable, it would seem, at least not by me.

The other issue is the fact that the mouse has been a static discharge-mouse ever since it was launched, it would seem. I am royally annoyed with how I can just go reach to touch my mouse, get shocked, and then hear the USB disconnected sound in Windows and have to wait up to 10 seconds to be able to do anything - this is not okay.

I have the K90 and have been thoroughly impressed (however the rare event where a key doesn't stop pressing until I mash something else is annoying, it's not enough to make me feel it needs replacement) and thus I got the M90, but now I am really regretting the purchase. What should I do?

Yeah I am thinking I will end up requesting an RMA.

I do have a carpet floor but I took the mousepad out of the equation a few weeks ago and was amazed how awesome computing became. heh

I'm just kind of surprised people were reporting these issues all the way back in April and nothing has been done to remedy them. =/

• Corsair Employee
The ESD issue isn't caused by the mouse, its usually due to either bad grounding by an outlet or something that causes it. Its just more evident on the mouse since we use actual metal on it rather than all plastic. However, if you feel there is a strong likelihood that the component is the source of your failure, we're more than happy to exchange it for you.

The ESD issue isn't caused by the mouse, its usually due to either bad grounding by an outlet or something that causes it. Its just more evident on the mouse since we use actual metal on it rather than all plastic. However, if you feel there is a strong likelihood that the component is the source of your failure, we're more than happy to exchange it for you.

Well as I said, the ESD wasn't the only issue, it's more of a backseat issue. I've had the mouse since late August/early September and only within the past month have the ESD issues been occurring, and more importantly - the scroll wheel.

• Corsair Employee
Well as I said, the ESD wasn't the only issue, it's more of a backseat issue. I've had the mouse since late August/early September and only within the past month have the ESD issues been occurring, and more importantly - the scroll wheel.

Set up a RMA and give me your case number. We can exchange it for you so we can see if the issue persists with a different mouse.

• 2 weeks later...

Did you want me to PM the RMA # to you or post it here? I figured posting it publicly wasn't a good idea but I sent you a PM about a week ago with the #.

Let me know what I should do as the next course of action, the scroll wheel problem has become so problematic I've had to revert back to my old mouse. :(

• Corsair Employee
Alright, my RMA # is 5330712.

It was asking for a module number and stuff, but that is all only for RAM, last I checked. That's why it may look a little empty, but I filled everything else out.

Your RMA was approved but you didn't fill out your personal information yet. I re-sent you the email to do so.

Alright, I fixed that issue, when I actually went and read the instructions better, I noticed that I could put NA for the two fields that are for memory, specifically. D'oh. >_<

I got the email with the link to generate an address label for the return and the address to ship it to, am I green to go ahead and send at my earliest convenience? Also, will the address label cover shipping&handling or do I need to?

Yeah I noticed, thank you for clearing it up. One final question, do you guys need a copy of the receipt in the box or anything? Or just the mouse and the original packaging? I was reading everything and all I saw was the item in a properly sized box with protection.

• 3 weeks later...

I had the same issue but now my scroller just doesnt work period, it was doing crazy things like scrolling up and down or jumping pages in advance but now its just stopped.

In fact i have 3 new corsair products all with pretty bad issues related to build not software.

Can you post back in a few month if the new mouse is still working?

Already I'm having an issue with this new one...

I'm not even having any static discharge and it's randomly turning off on its own, only about 50% of the time turning back on itself. This is obviously not okay for an online gamer, as several seconds without your mouse working can be detrimental, not to mention not being sure if I'll have to unplug and replug it back in.

Going to flash the firmware to see if that helps at all.

I feel you, i don't have static or the mouse loosing connectivity but i have random scrolling to the next weapon in bf3 when i'm not even touching the scroller, normally when i have the upper hand and i'm about to take out a tank with an RPG or something and then i suddenly pull out the dam repair torch or my knife.

The stupid thing is the scroller wont work most of the time but randomly does when i don't want it to.

At least it taught me to use the number keys to change weapons instead of the scroller but really i bought this mouse based on the fact it was corsair, seems like a lot more people are having the same issues with this mouse, maybe a recall is due once they produce a better mouse in the future, if not then a lot of people are going to never buy another corsair product again that's for sure.

• Corsair Employee
Reflash the mouse in a different system Deltrus and see if it still happens. Its rare for a second mouse to have issues like what you're having. If need be, we'll do a third replacement and Ill update and test the mouse myself before sending it to you.

You know what, I'm not 100% sure I was properly updating the firmware before, because I didn't see the second file that came with the .zip, I thought everything was done in the software. Updating now, will let you know if it fixes anything! Sorry for the confusion. >_< Have only ever had to update the firmware on my SSD.

Okay, well, firmware updated successfully, (got the message and the button to update became clickable again) though a couple odd things happened.

After it completed, the mouse shut off and a notification popped up saying device driver software was not properly installed. I waited a couple minutes and nothing changed, unplugged it and the USB disconnect sound was given, plugged back in, mouse didn't turn back on for a good 30 seconds before I unplugged again, same disconnect sound. This time I kept it unplugged for a good minute or so, and plugged it back in. Mouse is back to working. Will keep this updated if I have any further issues, but hopefully that fixed it!

Archived