The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Corsair Link

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 339 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 11-24-2012, 08:10 AM

POST ID # = 615264
Toasted Toasted Reputation: 124

It probably does, it works fine on mine.

Edit:

The software is doesn't support Windows 8 officially. If you do have problems, change the compatibility mode to Windows 7 and see if that helps.

Last edited by Toasted; 12-12-2012 at 01:38 AM.

Old 11-25-2012, 08:15 PM
snef's PC Specs

POST ID # = 615480
snef Reputation: 10

still buzzing/clicking noise with SP120 with this version (2.2.0)??????

Last edited by snef; 11-25-2012 at 08:18 PM.

Old 12-05-2012, 04:55 PM
Tombstone's PC Specs

POST ID # = 617830
Tombstone Reputation: 10
Default Why am I getting this error?

The first time running the new link software v2.2.0 after upgrading the firmware all works fine, but now I get this message: Sierra2 has stopped working, than you have to close it. What do I need to do to get it working again? If not where can I get the last firmware update to go back to and what would I need to run that?

Thanks for your help!
Roger

Last edited by Tombstone; 12-05-2012 at 04:57 PM.

Old 12-06-2012, 03:45 AM

POST ID # = 617909

Run the program as administrator and see if it loads.
What devices are you using?

Old 12-06-2012, 09:11 PM
Sixie's PC Specs

POST ID # = 618138
Sixie Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone View Post
The first time running the new link software v2.2.0 after upgrading the firmware all works fine, but now I get this message: Sierra2 has stopped working, than you have to close it. What do I need to do to get it working again? If not where can I get the last firmware update to go back to and what would I need to run that?

Thanks for your help!
Roger
I have the same problem, it keeps crashing for me after the update, and all if the Firmware and Dashboard are up to date, using a Link Commander with Light/Cooling Node + H100i using Data Link

Old 12-07-2012, 05:04 AM

POST ID # = 618184

Disconnect the H100i from the Commander unit and see if it crashes

Old 12-07-2012, 11:50 AM
Liquid Cooling Addict
GTXJackBauer's PC Specs

POST ID # = 618226
GTXJackBauer Reputation: 16

I have to jump in this and say what I feel like many do.

Toast - I know you love helping everyone out (I still think you work for corsair or are a beta tester for them and get their stuff free) You have to give in at times when we all know the product is not ready for release in the first place from almost a year now. (Next Month Jan To be exact) You give excuses on why people are having issues and not blame corsair or the release of the product what so ever. Its not ready period!

As for everyone else, yes we are paying corsair to be their beta-testers and if you got lucky and really become one for them (beta-tester) and wasn't a sucker like me and many others well than you saved yourself $150+.

This madness has to stop. This program has bugs still written all over it and really nothing has changed and is TRUELY unacceptable. Its like going to a car dealership and buying a car without AC/Heat, no rear brakes and the trunk doesn't close for the price of a brand new working car. smh

Last edited by GTXJackBauer; 12-09-2012 at 03:55 PM.

Old 12-07-2012, 01:33 PM
Manannin's PC Specs

POST ID # = 618277
Manannin Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTXJackBauer View Post
I have to jump in this and say what I feel like many do.

Toast - I know you love helping everyone out (I still think you work for corsair or are a beta tester for them and get their stuff free) You have to give in at times when we all know the product is not ready for release in the first place from almost a year now. (Next Month Jan To be exact) You give excuses on why people are having issues and not blame corsair or the release of the product what so ever. Its not ready period!

As for everyone else, yes we are paying corsair to be their beta-testers and if you got lucky and really become one for them and wasn't a sucker like me and many others well than you saved yourself $150+.

This madness has to stop. This program has bugs still written all over it and really nothing has changed and is TRUELY unacceptable. Its like going to a car dealership and buying a char without AC/Heat, no rear brakes and the trunk doesn't close for the price of a brand new working car. smh
Unfortunately sad but true

Old 12-07-2012, 04:46 PM
TheLocNar's PC Specs

POST ID # = 618323
TheLocNar Reputation: 10

Still no word as to when a newer update is forthcoming... I have totally uninstalled the Corsair Link program because it was eating away at my SSD every half second.

And I wonder what exactly Corsair had to do to get their 4.6GHz 3770K at 100% load to get temps of 47.94C in an ambient temp of 25C using an H100i. Magic Pixie Dust?

Old 12-07-2012, 09:34 PM

POST ID # = 618365

It could have been on a test bench with the fans running at max speed.

Old 12-07-2012, 10:11 PM
`~~`
wytnyt's PC Specs

POST ID # = 618374
wytnyt wytnyt Reputation: 159
Send a message via ICQ to wytnyt Send a message via AIM to wytnyt Send a message via Yahoo to wytnyt Send a message via Skype™ to wytnyt

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTXJackBauer View Post
might i ask you why can some people that are using the SAME hardware and the SAME software and install the SAME firmware and updates get good results while some cannot?

as a side note
how many years has windows been out? how many times has it changed
win 3.1
win95
win 98
win2k
win vista
win7
and now win8
has any been perfected
how many hundreds of patches and fixes has the touted and superb win 7 had in it?
just saying

Last edited by wytnyt; 12-07-2012 at 10:17 PM.

Old 12-07-2012, 10:58 PM
`~~`
wytnyt's PC Specs

POST ID # = 618377
Send a message via ICQ to wytnyt Send a message via AIM to wytnyt Send a message via Yahoo to wytnyt Send a message via Skype™ to wytnyt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toasted View Post
It could have been on a test bench with the fans running at max speed.
it also could be that they knew how to adjust bios and fine tune the system to get these results,,personally i wouldnt have put this in their product info because you get people expecting this performance right out of the box and their computers skills are limited to only exterior experience

Old 12-09-2012, 03:45 PM
Liquid Cooling Addict
GTXJackBauer's PC Specs

POST ID # = 618600
GTXJackBauer Reputation: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by wytnyt View Post
might i ask you why can some people that are using the SAME hardware and the SAME software and install the SAME firmware and updates get good results while some cannot?

as a side note
how many years has windows been out? how many times has it changed
win 3.1
win95
win 98
win2k
win vista
win7
and now win8
has any been perfected
how many hundreds of patches and fixes has the touted and superb win 7 had in it?
just saying
I totally understand with what you're saying. My point is even the basics don't really work. I mean does windows loggin screen disappear on you in those OSs or the CPU isn't recognized? No, lol.....I can keep going and going. Technically were taking about a program and not a operating system so I think the comparison isn't fair tbh.

If the program was at a point where everything worked and things didn't disappear and worked as intended, just like it's said on the product info page, than I can say ok, give them time to code in the new fans/hardware etc. The LEDs individually arn't even being sold yet when we we're told many times that they were in the past. smh My point is, it works when it wants and I went through hell thinking it was my hardware going bad (BSODs) when it was the Link software not to mention the harddrive thrashing that went on.

They've been working on this for 2+years. I think its time to fork up the $$$ and get this done. Get more people involved in coding.

Old 12-09-2012, 04:04 PM
`~~`
wytnyt's PC Specs

POST ID # = 618603

windows is the same as any other software program,the difference being is that its much more complicated in its purpose
allow me to use you an myself as an example with this question

were both using the same software program and the same hardware,,,yet mine works in not one but 2 systems while yours will not work properly at all.
can you logically explain why this is?
this is the question that those whom are having problems should be asking themselves

Last edited by wytnyt; 12-09-2012 at 04:07 PM.

Old 12-11-2012, 09:30 AM
Neardood1's PC Specs

POST ID # = 618933
Neardood1 Reputation: 10

hmmm I seem to have lost control of my radiator fans with this update, also it won't let me touch my cooling node's firmware - when you close to update the option to update doesn't show in the dropdown menu...

Closed Thread