The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Corsair Link

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 32 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 04-04-2012, 06:42 PM
Corsair Product Guru

POST ID # = 570757
RAM GUY Reputation: 10

I am sorry but we are working on it and the release CoolGuy was talking about was postponed due to some unforeseen issue. I am sure we will release some information as soon as it becomes available.

Old 04-05-2012, 02:47 PM
Ghost_RX0's PC Specs

POST ID # = 570880
Ghost_RX0 Reputation: 10

thanks Ram Guy for the info, i switched back to the corsair fans that came with the H100 and it works perfectly i can adjust the fans the way i want to i just hope that the update will be available soon.

Old 04-05-2012, 07:57 PM
Corsair Product Guru

POST ID # = 570939

We are working on it and Cool Guy is working hard to get this resolved ASAP.

Old 04-17-2012, 11:50 PM

POST ID # = 573025
Kl2amer Reputation: 10

Just a reminder of the functionality promised with this product prior to release and since being released.

Quote:
What will Corsair Link allow me to do?

The Corsair Link Cooling Node, combined with the Dashboard software, will allow you to customize each and every fan in your system to adjust their RPM under conditions you specify. This provides you with unprecedented control over your system, either using manual settings or based on temperature zones within your system.

Old 04-19-2012, 07:32 AM
Gustave's PC Specs

POST ID # = 573309
Gustave Reputation: 10
Default Corsair Link does not control Silverstone case fans

Hi fellow Rig builders,

Yesterday I put together another PC in a Silverstone Kublai KL04 case (with one side intake fan and a rear exaust fan). Me too I noticed that the Silverstone case fans show up in CL but they cannot be controlled. But, if that 'll be fixed in the (near) future, CL is a fun product.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Case: Silverstone Kublai KL04, PSU: Corsair HX1000W, Mobo: Asus Rampage III Black Edition, CPU: Core i7-980X (4,2Ghz), GPU: Sapphire HD5970 4GB Toxic, Ram: 12GB Corsair Dominator CMD12GX3M6A1600C8, Cooling: Corsair H100 with Corsair Link kit, Boot: [R/W 535/480Mbps] 256GB SSD, Data: ST31000340NS (1TB)

Old 04-19-2012, 02:58 PM
Corsair Product Guru

POST ID # = 573386

I have no problem controlling our Corsair fans, however it does take a few min for the settings to take effect and when you first start the system you may have to start Corsair Link to get your profile running; but there will be a future update to address third party fan compatibility, I think Cool Guy posted a list of common fans we are testing in another thread.

Old 04-19-2012, 05:40 PM
Gustave's PC Specs

POST ID # = 573408
Gustave Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAM GUY View Post
I have no problem controlling our Corsair fans, however it does take a few min for the settings to take effect and when you first start the system you may have to start Corsair Link to get your profile running; but there will be a future update to address third party fan compatibility, I think Cool Guy posted a list of common fans we are testing in another thread.
Does that also count for GPU fans (like the ones on my HD 5970)?

By the way, I just tried setting fan speeds for the Silverstones and they actually do seem to respond. Very slowly though. :)

Last edited by Gustave; 04-19-2012 at 05:48 PM.

Old 04-19-2012, 08:44 PM
Corsair Product Guru

POST ID # = 573460

Quote:
Does that also count for GPU fans (like the ones on my HD 5970)?
A: At this time the answer is no but we would like to say yes and something we are looking into. Maybe Cool Guy can shed more light on this when he has a chance.

Quote:
By the way, I just tried setting fan speeds for the Silverstones and they actually do seem to respond. Very slowly though. :)
A: The next release of the software is much better at controlling fans; I can't go into the specific issues but there is more to this than you would think.

Old 05-13-2012, 04:23 AM
shaft's PC Specs

POST ID # = 578019
shaft Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by COOL GUY View Post
We are currently seeing a marked improvement with 3rd party fans with the adjustments made to date. Further enhancements will be made over the weekend and we hope to have the new firmware into qualification by Monday. Full details will be provided when we are closer to release.
or TWO MONTHS from Monday.....?

Old 05-14-2012, 12:14 PM
Corsair Product Guru

POST ID # = 578226

Yes its been longer than expected and the release was delayed because of some other concerns. Sorry but we don't want to drink Jack Daniels before its ready and we would not want to release an update that did not fix what it was supposed to.

Old 05-18-2012, 06:52 PM
Banned
robandcathy's PC Specs

POST ID # = 579188
robandcathy Reputation: 10

Quote:
Yes its been longer than expected and the release was delayed because of some other concerns. Sorry but we don't want to"! drink Jack Daniels!" before its ready and we would not want to release an update that did not fix what it was supposed to.
Now we can be friends!
+1 For Uncle Jack

Old 05-21-2012, 07:39 PM
Corsair Product Guru

POST ID # = 579778

Quote:
Now we can be friends!
+1 For Uncle Jack
I don't know if you have ever had Red Horse Beer and a shot of Jack Daniels but if you have a Filipino store near you look for it there; it is what I like.
Please don't drink and drive though! LMAO!

Old 05-23-2012, 05:43 AM
aferguson's PC Specs

POST ID # = 580016
aferguson Reputation: 10

I don't know whether I should start another thread for this or not, but I just plugged a CoolerMaster 120mm Sickleflow R4-C2R-20AC-GP / A12025-20RB-3BN-F1 into my Link. It ran between 800-1100 RPM, far less than the 2000RPM. After a couple of minutes of waiting for it to speed up to maximum, I smelt hot plastic. I unplugged the fan and the motor was really hot.

So lesson there, the CoolerMaster 120mm Sickleflow is not compatible with the Corsair Link.

On the plus side, I also bought some Ener-max UCTB12P fans, these are PWM fans, and it seems to work great. So that one can be added to the compatible list.

I bought these fans because I was not able to get Corsair fans from any of my usual retailers, and knowing the compatibility issues bought the two sets.

Edit: Hmm, looks like whatever happened might have also fried one of the ports on the cooling node. Port 2 will only run the Ener-max fan at ~550RPM now. Plugged it into port 4 and it works no problem

Last edited by aferguson; 05-23-2012 at 08:13 AM. Reason: Found it there was damage to the link after using different fan

Old 05-23-2012, 02:07 PM
Corsair Product Guru

POST ID # = 580099

Please test the unit with our fans and see if it works properly. If not then please use the link on the left and request an RMA and we can replace it.

In addition, please keep in mind the spec of the fan controller which is 2 amps max per header and 4 amps MAX Total. So if the fans you have use take more then 1.0 amp and you have four fans connected that would be too much load on the controller.

Old 05-23-2012, 05:35 PM
t53186's PC Specs

POST ID # = 580157
t53186 Reputation: 10

Quote:
Please test the unit with our fans and see if it works properly. If not then please use the link on the left and request an RMA and we can replace it.

In addition, please keep in mind the spec of the fan controller which is 2 amps max per header and 4 amps MAX Total. So if the fans you have use take more then 1.0 amp and you have four fans connected that would be too much load on the controller.
Thanks for the load info, never saw that before.

Last edited by t53186; 05-23-2012 at 05:36 PM. Reason: correction