The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Corsair Link

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 32 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 03-13-2012, 09:30 PM
jimnh's PC Specs

POST ID # = 567037
jimnh Reputation: 10

Thank you! great to hear the issues are being addressed..

Old 03-13-2012, 10:20 PM
randolla's PC Specs

POST ID # = 567041
randolla Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimnh View Post
Thank you! great to hear the issues are being addressed..
Amen to that. Somebodys tree got shook.

Old 03-14-2012, 02:19 AM
shaft's PC Specs

POST ID # = 567068
shaft Reputation: 10

Yes, thank you for prompt replies. Its very reassuring to know these issues are being looked into.

Old 03-14-2012, 04:20 PM
Corsair Product Guru

POST ID # = 567173
RAM GUY Reputation: 10

Nobody's tree got shook; it is the progression of a new product development. We asked for more resources to help address the questions and we were given more resources. It is really that simple.

Old 03-14-2012, 08:25 PM
red454's PC Specs

POST ID # = 567228
red454 Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAM GUY View Post
Nobody's tree got shook; it is the progression of a new product development. We asked for more resources to help address the questions and we were given more resources. It is really that simple.
Oh God have I been there. This is nothing compared to the automotive supplier world when a new product or process has some 'issues'.

I have no doubt that Corsair will hammer out some solutions...

Old 03-15-2012, 04:20 AM
Liquid Cooling Addict
GTXJackBauer's PC Specs

POST ID # = 567276
GTXJackBauer Reputation: 16

And the right thing for Corsair would be to credit the "first 100" for being beta testers? :D Who's with me?!! (insert joke here) and assuming I'am one of the top 100 customers otherwise scratch that idea :D.........I will post a somewhat positive thread soon of my Corsair Link working with my custom liquid cooling system really well.

Old 03-16-2012, 08:08 PM
Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 567632
COOL GUY Reputation: 20

We are currently seeing a marked improvement with 3rd party fans with the adjustments made to date. Further enhancements will be made over the weekend and we hope to have the new firmware into qualification by Monday. Full details will be provided when we are closer to release.

Old 03-16-2012, 11:37 PM
x509's PC Specs

POST ID # = 567676
x509 Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by COOL GUY View Post
We are currently seeing a marked improvement with 3rd party fans with the adjustments made to date. Further enhancements will be made over the weekend and we hope to have the new firmware into qualification by Monday. Full details will be provided when we are closer to release.
As a working product manager myself (but in a totally different industry ...) may I humbly suggest that Corsair take a poll of what third-party fans or anything else people use or expect to use with the Link. And then go out and get these fans, so you can do compatibility testing BEFORE the product is released. Or, if there is some insane pressure to get the product released by X date, warn people that third-party testing is not yet complete.

Finally, publish a list of all the fans that have been tested by Corsair, along with the rev of the software in the Link when the testing is done. That could really reduce the angst in this area.

Respectfully ...

Old 03-17-2012, 12:04 AM
Liquid Cooling Addict
GTXJackBauer's PC Specs

POST ID # = 567678
GTXJackBauer Reputation: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by x509 View Post
As a working product manager myself (but in a totally different industry ...) may I humbly suggest that Corsair take a poll of what third-party fans or anything else people use or expect to use with the Link. And then go out and get these fans, so you can do compatibility testing BEFORE the product is released. Or, if there is some insane pressure to get the product released by X date, warn people that third-party testing is not yet complete.

Finally, publish a list of all the fans that have been tested by Corsair, along with the rev of the software in the Link when the testing is done. That could really reduce the angst in this area.

Respectfully ...
I totally agree with this gentleman and would love to give you the info on exactly whats connected to my link so it can be worked with in the labs for the future firmware updates and so on.

Old 03-17-2012, 02:21 AM

POST ID # = 567685
Kl2amer Reputation: 10

Just wanted to clarify my post on the cougar fans I have. The CF-V12HP's are PWM fans connnected to my H100 (4 of them) and all work correctly thru the cooling node via the H100. Please don't break them with an update :). The cougar fan I am having an issue with is the CF-V14H which is connected directly to the cooling node and is NOT a PWM fan but can be controlled by my motherboard with no issue.

Old 03-20-2012, 11:49 AM
shaft's PC Specs

POST ID # = 568158

I'm no expert, but couldn't it just be as simple as giving us manual control over the amount of voltage we want to send to our fans instead of using some complex algorithm that makes the software try to find the right voltage for whatever rpm you set? My fans turn on at 5V and full rpm at 12V...how about an 0V/7V/9.5V/12V setting? Am I completely wrong here?

Old 03-20-2012, 05:29 PM
Banned
robandcathy's PC Specs

POST ID # = 568231
robandcathy Reputation: 10

Problem is that myself and many others want it to be as silent as possible, and go up in small increments as needed. If I wanted manual control I would buy one of those cheep 4 fan controllers for 20$ My system varies from no load to 100% CPU usage for 3 hours, and I want to keep my cpu under 50 degrees Celsius no matter what, so the software is supposed to adj fan speed according to temperature, while keeping noise to a minimum.

Old 03-20-2012, 10:56 PM
shaft's PC Specs

POST ID # = 568259

robandcathy, I'm sure everyone here who bought the Corsair Link knows why people use fan controllers.
It was a simple solution to the incompatibility with 3rd party fans. I would rather be able to manually set my voltage and cycle through profiles (gaming/idle), then to not have any control or wait months for them to implement functionality into the current set of features.

Old 04-04-2012, 06:24 AM
Ghost_RX0's PC Specs

POST ID # = 570617
Ghost_RX0 Reputation: 10

hey guys i just got my 650D case, link commander along with H100 cpu cooler and i seem to have the same problem. im using Cooler Master SickleFlow R4-L2R-20AR-R1 connected to my H100 and my RPM on CM fans are way off i got one running at 1900 rpm then the 2nd fan around 790-820 rpm, tried adjusting it but nothing seem to work did the Maximum RPM and nothing happens. i got the corsair airflow fan for the ram and it seems to work when adjusting the fan speed. firmware is updated, tried reseting but still nothing.

I just want to know if its the CM fans that are not compatible and are you guys working on an update for aftermarket fans?

Old 04-04-2012, 05:14 PM
Banned
robandcathy's PC Specs

POST ID # = 570739
robandcathy Reputation: 10

CM fans and most other fans are not compatible right now, they have been working on it for a long time now. If you plug you fans into the h100 you can still use the push button on the cooling block to control the speed (at least that works for me) Unfortunately my system is overclocked so my temps fluctuate greatly and the push button requires me to keep case open, ugh.