Corsair Community

New iCue "Freezes" and requires constant CorsairService restart

Rakshasas

I noticed this a couple of days ago where the displayed temps freeze up and control of the pump is lost. Even though temp control and cooler regulation controls are lost, my RGB settings continue on (for Corsair keyboard and mouse) unless I close iCUE.

This temperature monitoring and pump regulation issue persists with both Corsair LINK and iCUE. Just thought I'd confirm the issue must be with the actual Corsair Service process given it affects both of Corsair's monitoring software services (LINK & iCUE). Restarting the "CorsairService" gets it going again for both LINK and iCUE.

The freezing happens randomly and my cooler is a H100i v2.

Edited by travman320

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

Unfortunately, not much changed for me.

I am still experiencing constant random freezes across all of my PCs.

However, I decided to take it a one step further.

I am sacrificing one of my machines to show how often or not the problem occurs.

Few minutes with Python and I have a working little piece of code checking every 60 seconds screen for a pattern which we all can be familiar with, the frozen graphs of dead iCUE.

To make sure everyone can enjoy the outcome of this let's say one week experiment the screenshots taken automatically are landing in a Google Drive folder you can check anytime by following the link below.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6IvcSB4zGUwN1EtbW1TaDZZYkk

Once a day I will be dumping system info and logs into the above folder as well.

ENJOY! :)

PS. if only someone at Corsair cared.

My ticket:

Hello Jens,

Corsair has received your request. Your ticket # is 788607. A Corsair Representative will respond within 2 business days.

The text:

iCue stops displaying data such as temperature, voltage, fan speeds and thus stops correctly controlling fans and pumps. iCue displays only horisontal lines on all graphs including those data picked up from GPU or motherboard.

The most important thing is that this also means the fan speeds no longer are controlled by temperature and leads to overheating of the computer components.

Restarting the Corsair Service solves the issue temporarily, but the "lockup" repeats itself several times each day.

Many users affected as can be seen in this thread:

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?p=974958#post974958

Corsair products used:

H115i AIO

Commander Pro

ML120 and ML140 fans

RM750x PSU

iCue software

Vengeance LPX DDR4 2x8GB

Loaded the task manager. Set the Corsair service affinity to just one logical core (15) in my 1800x to see how much actual CPU it uses. Turns out it uses quite some considering what this service is. (it should only use that much CPU if it was polling at an insane rate, and even so devs can still optimize it)

I get 1740 CB points in CB15 when the service is running and 1796 CB points when the service is stopped, that is quite a big gap. Now my idle temps finally go below 30c and my idle CPU usage is truly 0.

Win10 has now the tendency of becoming a bit sluggish over time and I really think it has to do with this service (I'm gonna monitor that closely)

I'm tempted to uninstall iCUE altogether and leave it at quiet mode but is nice to be able to see other devices, monitor things and change profiles.

Corsair, please FIX this. For now I'm gonna close iCUE and stop the service after that. It will restart automatically if I load iCUE again (triple checked) so I can still change profiles.

Stupid unoptimized software....but they happily get your money, right?

I'm still waiting for Cooler Master to update their stupid software too to finally be able to control the RGB on the front fans. Is funny how they advertise things but a year after product release they act very lazy when it comes to THEIR OWN software. This is so typical across the board.

2018-10-07_14-56-04.jpg.b7dfc44e725ca1065809327a4514fbcc.jpg

Edited by Sacco Belmonte

You can create a BAT file to stop the service with one click after you close iCUE.

Can also be used to restart the service while iCUE is open. If you run this BAT the service will stop and iCUE will restart it (been iCUE's UI open or not)

1) Create a text file.

2) Paste "sc stop CorsairService" (without quotes)

3) Save and rename from TXT to BAT

4) Run at will. You'll see the service stopping in the task manager, will restart if iCUE is loaded, will never start by itself if iCUE is not loaded.

Edited by Sacco Belmonte

Hi everyone,

I now concluded my experiment with a total of 29 iCUE crashes over the last 7 days.

Below you can find a link to a Google Drive folder with all the 29 screenshots plus updated logs.

Additionally, in the middle of the experiment, you will notice going through the screenshots port 6 on my Commander PRO stopped working.

That is my other ongoing battle with Corsair after buying four Commander PROs they fail on a weekly basis which adds to the quite annoying iCUE crashing problem.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6IvcSB4zGUwN1EtbW1TaDZZYkk

Let me know your thoughts as I am running out of ideas other than giving up on Corsair :(

I refuse to buy any product Corsair. I think this I is not one. How much time have not corrected their mistakes. Forums on NVIDIA because of problems with video cards, too, everyone is shouting "Remove all the Corsair software." This is the limit to everything. Corsair loses its fans by leaps and bounds.

Well as far as it goes no response from Corsair either here on forums or from support in regards to this problem.

I just wanted to keep this topic warm, so uploaded another screenshot from one of my Intel workstations.

No matter what platform, idle or full load and whatever else I tested it just happens, iCUE has a problem and crashes quite often and randomly.

2018-10-10_17-33-53.thumb.png.5fc50ec83e63897a46e75d20e3b48c43.png

This bug haunts me everyday. And no response from Corsair whatsoever.

I've tried updating the Corsair driver to an old one. I've cleanup most of the running apps.. Disabled USB power saving modes...

I don't think Corsair are seeing the gravity of this bug. Some times the fans are in low mode (low temp) and the software gets stuck on this mode. When I'm gaming I'm having extreme high temps due to the profile not being updated!

And the opposite occurs obviously.. High fan spin even after the CPU is idle and cool..

If I could get rid of this cooler I would immediately..what a piece of crap..

BTW: If you don't want the service to start with your system change it to "Manual" in the services window.

Thanks, but what benefits it gives not to start the service?

Will it still handle the fan speeds without the service started?

sLiCeR I honestly believe Corsair can come up with some good hardware but unfortunately they are still in their infancy if it comes to software.

Anything good out of it would be the fact software is relatively easy to fix IF ONLY Corsair cared.

However, I can tell if the next update to iCUE will not make this annoying bug go away I am returning all the Commander PROs back to where they came from and going back to NZXT Grid+

Their software matured a lot over the last few months.

Anyway, have a great one!

Thanks, but what benefits it gives not to start the service?

Will it still handle the fan speeds without the service started?

If you don't use the service all units will work in their default mode. For RGB lights will be the rainbow wave demo.

A H115i Pro will work with whatever settings you send to the unit via iCUE's "Save static lighting and performance to device"

Keeping iCUE/service closed here prevents its CPU usage, which is low but still some. I will probably use iCUE permanently again later when Corsair releases a better version.

I will be launching iCUE frorm time to time only when I need a turbo profile while I do heavy work with the PC (render)

If you don't use the service all units will work in their default mode. For RGB lights will be the rainbow wave demo.

A H115i Pro will work with whatever settings you send to the unit via iCUE's "Save static lighting and performance to device"

Keeping iCUE/service closed here prevents its CPU usage, which is low but still some. I will probably use iCUE permanently again later when Corsair releases a better version.

I will be launching iCUE frorm time to time only when I need a turbo profile while I do heavy work with the PC (render)

Unfortunately, it will not work for me as my Scimitar is a lifesaver with all the different profiles for various software I am using for work.

I am honestly hoping Corsair will hear our cries!

Nevertheless, I can always use iCUE as a profile manager for my mouse and go back to NZXT to take care of all the fans if Corsair will fail to deliver.

I was just hoping to bring everything under one roof but I never suspected so much pain this idea will cause me.

Anyway, have a great weekend.

I have not read through all of these posts...but I want to add that I too am forced to "restart" iCUE almost every hour as all of my temperature readings freeze. It also seems to affect my fan speed - my GPU will hit 82 degrees, and my fan speeds are currently based on my GPU temp - but because the software is frozen my GPU reading is maybe 40-50 degrees, so the fans are barely running...until I restart the software...then everything corrects itself. Please fix this as I had high hopes for this software.

Well ... The few posts I read incite me hardly to the optimism.

I have the last version of eCue. All my periphicals are Corsair made. I dont have any other management system. My system is recently re installed, on new disks and so on and so ont & so ...

eCue freezes systematically when I use it on my new (2 days) Glaive RGB mouse.

Well, I'll try to create a ticket for that but if Corsair persists to ignore the issue I'll go back to Switzerland (Logitech).

I do think my problem with iCue "flatline" has been resolved. The last recommended action from Corsair on my support ticket was to:

1. Remove iCue and/or CLink

2. Remove the Corsair folders from %appdata%\local and \roaming

3. Install latest iCue 3.8.91

I have not had a freeze or "flatline" for several days now, before this it was "flatline" several times each day. I hold my breath, but looks good.