The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Corsair Link

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 50 votes, 4.82 average. Display Modes
Old 12-27-2015, 11:52 PM
doomded's PC Specs

POST ID # = 827801
doomded Reputation: 12

So I deleted CL more than a year ago and only came back here to see how it has progressed since, and consider reinstalling it as my control software.

But the amount of progress that has been made is seriously ****ING SAD.

STOP TRYING TO FIX THE SOFTWARE THAT OBVIOUSLY DOESN'T WORK AND START WRITING YOUR OWN
. Just because it works on all your "test machines" (that are probably actually the same machine running various virtualizations of different machines) doesn't mean it will work in the real world.

Honestly, as good as the hardware Corsair makes is, I don't think that I'm EVER going to buy any more Corsair products in the future, based solely on how ****ty the software is.

EDIT: I wonder how long it will take for them to delete this post.

Last edited by doomded; 12-28-2015 at 12:19 AM.

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-31-2015, 12:26 AM
M00n_Sl47r's PC Specs

POST ID # = 828360
M00n_Sl47r Reputation: 10

@doomded three days later and nope, no delete. Also, is there any decent open source alternatives that hook into the h100i?

Old 01-04-2016, 02:49 AM
RVxSpeed's PC Specs

POST ID # = 829021
RVxSpeed Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by M00n_Sl47r View Post
@doomded three days later and nope, no delete. Also, is there any decent open source alternatives that hook into the h100i?
http://rh-software.com/
make sure corsair link not running.otherwise it won't detect your cooler.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-09-2016, 09:15 PM
PCMR
nOm nom NOM3's PC Specs

POST ID # = 830180
nOm nom NOM3 Reputation: 10

Has there been any news? or is Corsair still silent on the CL revamp?
Also I think it would be best if people here could stop 100% ****ting on corsair. I know they have done a very poor job with this entire CL disaster, however I cant imagine they are very motivated to fix anything if everyone is speaking and acting the way they are.
-- moving on.
I have my H100i working pretty well on W10 Build 11082, I dont use that system often but It appears to work about as well as it did when I had windows 7. I have yet to give CL link a try with my H110i GT, I am still patiently waiting for the long awaited CL update.

Old 01-11-2016, 07:34 AM
Nuro's PC Specs

POST ID # = 830363
Nuro Reputation: 10

OK well as i've only just joined the forum after using various Corsair equipment for years, I bought the H110i GTX the other day and it is less than impressive compared to my H110 which it replaced. For starters it doesn't cool my CPU as efficiently as the what it replaced by a factor of -25%...and the CL software is not accurate to a factor of about the same when comparing the temp readout verses Speccy for example as it is at least 10c incorrect every time, so I hope THIS is the first thing that is being corrected with hardware testing by the lemmings...as this is the first complaint ive had with Corsair gear7

Old 01-24-2016, 02:35 PM
curtixman's PC Specs

POST ID # = 833001
curtixman Reputation: 13

I agree completely with every word. I have had great experiences with Corsair hardware but this software is one of the worst designed and coded bits of crap I have ever worked with. You need one more monkey because 99 just isn't doing it. I believe you need 100 monkeys for a masterpeice. Even one less aparently garnishes a heaping pile of dung.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doomded View Post
So I deleted CL more than a year ago and only came back here to see how it has progressed since, and consider reinstalling it as my control software.

But the amount of progress that has been made is seriously ****ING SAD.

STOP TRYING TO FIX THE SOFTWARE THAT OBVIOUSLY DOESN'T WORK AND START WRITING YOUR OWN
. Just because it works on all your "test machines" (that are probably actually the same machine running various virtualizations of different machines) doesn't mean it will work in the real world.

Honestly, as good as the hardware Corsair makes is, I don't think that I'm EVER going to buy any more Corsair products in the future, based solely on how ****ty the software is.

EDIT: I wonder how long it will take for them to delete this post.
As for nOm nom NOM3 please keep this oppinion to yourself. Some of us have been dealing with this junk for a VERY long time and are past the point of reasonable understanding. This has been a mess for FAR too long!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nOm nom NOM3 View Post
I think it would be best if people here could stop 100% ****ting on corsair. I know they have done a very poor job with this entire CL disaster, however I cant imagine they are very motivated to fix anything if everyone is speaking and acting the way they are.
For those of us with Asus mobo's perhaps have a look at Fan Xpert as part of the AI Suite. It is everything that Link is trying to be and isn't. Buy a PWM Y splitter like this and connect your H110 (or whatever rad fans you use) to the CPU fan header and use Fan Xpert to contol all your fans.

Last edited by curtixman; 01-25-2016 at 12:51 AM. Reason: removed personal attack

Old 02-07-2016, 11:08 PM

POST ID # = 835598
cadmonkey Reputation: 10

Actually oddly enough I installed version 4 which was even worse than ver3, then went back to ver3 after not running it for months and it works ok now. Maybe the version 4 install and uninstall fixed a few things for me. It can see my pump for the first time and control my fans and I only have one zero fan :)

I'm not touching it now until everybody gives any new software their thumbs up.

Last edited by Technobeard; 02-08-2016 at 12:49 AM.

Old 02-08-2016, 02:08 AM
sebastiannielse's PC Specs

POST ID # = 835611
sebastiannielse Reputation: 14

cadmonkey: ver4 installs a new driver for asetek pumps.

Old 02-10-2016, 06:30 PM

POST ID # = 836375
cadmonkey Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebastiannielse View Post
cadmonkey: ver4 installs a new driver for asetek pumps.
Although I have an EK revo D5 haha.
It's a mad world...

Closed Thread