Corsair Community

What is the best RAM with the lowest power usage?

VegetarianBoy

Hello, I'm currently looking for some nice RAM for a new build I'm going to do, because my current rig is the old PC from my sister (my old one fried) that can't even play some basic games like Minecraft.

The question is simple; What is the best Corsair RAM stick (package) that has the lowest power usage?

P.S; I want specially Corsair memory because I'm a fanboy of their products.

Can you go into detail how the rest of the system will look like and what budget we're talking about?

Why exactly does the power usage matter for desktop memory in your case?

Low budget, low power: CML8GX3M2A1600C9W is a 2x4GB DDR3L-1600 kit (DDR3L = low voltage standard @ 1.35V).

Can you go into detail how the rest of the system will look like and what budget we're talking about?

Low budget, low power: CML8GX3M2A1600C9W is a 2x4GB DDR3L-1600 kit (DDR3L = low voltage standard @ 1.35V).

I'm looking to build a gaming system with the lowest power usage possible. I currently have every other part optimized for the biggest bang for the buck, but after some time I will attempt to upgrade it for optimization.

This is the best possible kit for you if you want low power usage. There are some kits by other manufacturers that run at 1.25v, but they've been known to cause stability problems or not even boot because of incompatibility.

Plus, it looks great!

Archived