Corsair Community

Failed after 4 months

Hi,

I bought a kit of 16GB Vengeance (2x8gb CMSX16GX3M2A1600C10) on my last trip to United States in December, 2012.

I installed the 2 sticks on my new (late 2012) mac mini with no issues and it was working flawlessly. But after 4 months of usage my computer frozen and when I turned it on again I got the 3 beeps. I tested all possible combinations to find that one of my sticks was bad. Now, 1.5 weeks after my second ram failed under the same situation (computer frozen, 3 beeps). I tested it changing it from one slot to the other and still had the 3 beeps. So I went back to my default RAM and my computer is working again.

My issue:

I live in Argentina, and after researching on your steps in order to RMA I found that I have to ship them to the states since you don't have any kind of representation here.

The thing is that shipping the memories there will cost me around 350/400 dollars, which is almost 4/5 times what I paid for them ($80 at amazon).

I really need to contact someone at Corsair that could bring me some help since I don't know what to do.

The situation is already very frustrating, my computer is obviously not the same running with 4gb when I had 16, and I don't know what to do to get them replaced, I can send a video as proof of the memories failing or whatever thing you need.

Thanks in advance.

Juan.

• Corsair Employee
Please use the link on the left and request an RMA, once you have the RMA or case number I would suggest using SKYPE and call the toll free number listed under contact and explain the situation to them and I am sure they will do their best to help you.

Archived