Corsair Community

RGB not working anymore and wrong device detected

Sheepz

Hey there,

For some reason the rgb lightning on 5 of the 6 fans stopped working after I did a firmware update for the Commander Pro. I tried switching around the connectors but it's always only the first slot that has lightning.

What's even weirder is that it shows a "HYDRO X Detected" message while I don't even have that device. It even let me press "Run Wizard" and select the options under performance.

b2FyelP.png

7uTiqQN.png

Anyway, I tried to force an update and even tried to do a reset, but nothing works!! Anything else works fine, just the 5 fans that won't light up.

My build has 4x LL120 and an H115i Platinum.

The Hydro X thing is normal, albeit strange. Decline the option to run the Wizard. It should never prompt again (Corsair has said), although I think it will any time you flash the firmware.

Your firmware version in that screenshot is up to date, so it looks like that part succeeded. The lighting and fan motors should stop during this process as the device is “rebooting”. If things don’t work now, take a look at your Lighting Setup to make sure fan type and number is still selected. Then go see if the lighting effect is still present in the Lighting tab. I have seen some oddities when upgrading the firmware. Let’s see if we can fix it the easy way.

The Hydro X thing is normal, albeit strange. Decline the option to run the Wizard. It should never prompt again (Corsair has said), although I think it will any time you flash the firmware.

Your firmware version in that screenshot is up to date, so it looks like that part succeeded. The lighting and fan motors should stop during this process as the device is “rebooting”. If things don’t work now, take a look at your Lighting Setup to make sure fan type and number is still selected. Then go see if the lighting effect is still present in the Lighting tab. I have seen some oddities when upgrading the firmware. Let’s see if we can fix it the easy way.

The lightning is set to 6 LL fans and the lightning channel tab shows the 6 lightning effect, yet only the first fan is showing the RGB.

So in the software, fan lighting is applied to all 6 fans, but at the fans themselves, only #1 is lit. You can verify this by selecting any Instant Lighting color from the drop down list. The entire system should turn that color.

That's correct. The Instant Lighting changes everything, but fan #2-#6 just won't light up.

So much for easy... I think you have to start troubleshooting this like something has happened to the fan(s) or RGB Lighting Hub. The hub and fans are a series circuit, so if something goes wrong in port 2 or fan 2, then everything subsequent won’t light. This will be methodical and a bit annoying.

Start by swapping the lighting cables for fans 1 and 2. Does fan 1 still light up? Does fan 1 and 2 light? Does neither fan light? This begins the shell game of shuffling fans around the RGB to try and pinpoint the break and/or exclude the fans. The first result should tell you where to head next.

Edited by c-attack
  • Confused 1

So much for easy... I think you have start troubleshooting this like something has happened to the fan(s) or RGB Lighting Hub. The hub and fans are a series circuit, so if something goes wrong in port 2 or fan 2, then everything subsequent won’t light. This will be methodical and a bit annoying.

Start by swapping the lighting cables for fans 1 and 2. Does fan 1 still light up? Does fan 1 and 2 light? Does neither fan light? This begins the shell game of shuffling fans around the RGB to try and pinpoint the break and/or exclude the fans. The first result should tell you where to head next.

Shuffling the fans did the trick, thank you so much!!

Turns out #1 is the faulty one after I swapped it with #3 as the rgb light up only the first 3 fans. Then I swapped #1 with #6 and all of them worked.

This is where I noticed the outer ring of the #1 doesn't light up at all, which would've been a dead giveaway that it was faulty in the first place. :!oops:

Thank you again, I will get the fan replaced asap.