Corsair Community

iCUE not creating Profiles

RocketRammer

Hey guys,

Just started using iCUE with my new K95, but the software will not save my profiles. Every time you exit\reopen they are all missing.

Appdata\Corsair\CUE\profiles is empty and the logs clearly show it can't create them:

2019-11-22T13:59:28 I cue.profiles.folders.tree: Profile order serialization started: "\\\\Server\\Users\\Rich\\Appdata\\Corsair\\CUE/profiles/tree.cueprofileorder"
2019-11-22T13:59:28 W QIODevice::write (QSaveFile): device not open
2019-11-22T13:59:28 I cue.profiles.folders.tree: Profile order serialization finished: "\\\\Server\\Users\\Rich\\Appdata\\Corsair\\CUE/profiles/tree.cueprofileorder"
2019-11-22T13:59:28 W QIODevice::write (QSaveFile): device not open

I've triple checked, even given 'Everyone' full access to that folder, perms are not an issue. If I delete just the profile folder then iCUE will recreate it (confirming again its not perms), but fails to create the file inside.

Extremely frustrating and can't use the K95 to its full benefit without it!

• 1 month later...

So just for the case someone else comes across this..

It seems ICUE is incapable of creating the profile in an appdata location that is on a UNC path. I.e, redirected profile / domain user etc.

Disgustingly, the only way I could get it to work was to create a shortcut for CUE in startup with the below to run it as domain blady admin, which in turn gets a local C:\ profile. Horrible insecure hack just to get this software to work.

C:\Windows\System32\runas.exe /user:DOMAIN\administrator /savecred "C:\Program Files (x86)\Corsair\CORSAIR iCUE Software\iCUE.exe"