Corsair Community

EVGA 3080/3090 Block Possibility

chronotides

Hello All,

Apologies if this question has been asked several times before and/or it is in the incorrect spot, but I am looking at getting an EVGA 3090 XC3 (maybe Ultra), and I was wondering if there is going to be an XG7 block coming out for this card. I noticed that they have custom Strix blocks, and given the sheer number of cards which are NOT reference, I can understand, but will support be available for those who buy, for example, EVGA or Gigabyte cards? The XC3 and the FTW3 seem to be of similar design, as do some of the Gigebyte cards.

I love Corsair, I have not had the dreaded leak happen to me, but I am also a fan of EVGA graphics cards, and I would like to continue using them as well, if possible. However, if there are no plans to make an XC3-compatible block, I was also looking at the 3090 FE as a second option, so that could be my choice if no EVGA compatible block is in the works, albeit not my first choice.

EDIT: If a FTW3 or Kingpin cooler is planned instead of the XC3, I will also be fine with that, as long as it fits something from EVGA.

Thanks,

CT

Edited by chronotides

• Corsair Employee

Hi Chronotides,

We will be populating our configurator with compatible cards as we get data in. You can quickly check your models here:

https://www.corsair.com/custom-cooling-configurator/gpu-search

We currently have the 3080 Founders edition, and the 3090 founders edition listed on our webstore:

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Custom-Cooling/Blocks/GPU-Blocks/Hydro-X-Series-XG7-RGB-30-SERIES-GPU-Water-Block-%283090-FE%29/p/CX-9020012-WW

Edited by Corsair HP

I really hope you guys at Corsair can expand the Hydro line to include blocks for the custom EVGA 3080 cards also.

I've ordered an EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra. I know EK is making a block for it so I will be able to add it to my loop, but I'd prefer to buy a Corsair water block for the 3080 FTW3 as the RGB in my system entirely made up Corsair RGB components at the moment.

Hi Chronotides,

We will be populating our configurator with compatible cards as we get data in. You can quickly check your models here:

https://www.corsair.com/custom-cooling-configurator/gpu-search

We currently have the 3080 Founders edition, and the 3090 founders edition listed on our webstore:

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Custom-Cooling/Blocks/GPU-Blocks/Hydro-X-Series-XG7-RGB-30-SERIES-GPU-Water-Block-%283090-FE%29/p/CX-9020012-WW

Any eta on this release for 3080? I did sign to be notified

Thanks!

I have a Hydro X custom loop and want my 3090 waterblock to be Corsair as well. I will likely get an ASUS TUF or EVGA XC3.

The 3090 Founders has a triple-slot PCIe bracket which makes no sense with a waterblock as it blocks the adjacent PCIe port. Please release a custom bracket for the 3090 Founders that reduces it to one or two slots.

• Corsair Employee

Hi!

Sorry to bring the bad news but there are no plans to support ASUS TUF or EVGA FTW3 with a dedicated GPU water block model.

Most likely, even the EVGA XC3 won't be supported since the PCB is not similar to AIB reference PCB.

GPU water block for the 3090 Founders Edition will have a custom 2-slot bracket enclosed in the box.

Most likely, even the EVGA XC3 won't be supported since the PCB is not similar to AIB reference PCB.

GPU water block for the 3090 Founders Edition will have a custom 2-slot bracket enclosed in the box.

Glad to hear about the 2-slot bracket.

Can you confirm whether your reference waterblock can be installed on the EVGA XC3, even without full coverage of the PCB? Alphacool has released this diagram showing the uncovered area. Their reference waterblock can be installed on the XC3.

https://www.alphacool.com/download/Compatiblity_EVGA-RTX_3080.jpg

Hi!

Sorry to bring the bad news but there are no plans to support ASUS TUF or EVGA FTW3 with a dedicated GPU water block model.

Thanks, I guess I'll go with the Strix 3090!

However, that does raise a big question: Why not support them with a custom block, even if just the lower-tier cards? EVGA and ASUS (and Gigabyte too) are major players, and if somebody recommends a card, there is a good chance it will be one of these brands. Even enthusiasts who know their stuff often choose these brands for whatever their reasons are, and if you don't have a block to support them, what will they do if they, for example, already have a corsair architecture in place and would like to match? I feel like there have been a TON of mistakes on the part of NVidia during this launch, and I feel like this is a direct effect of those mistakes. There should be standards in place by NVidia to help with this type of problem - maybe require at least one main product line (such as the XC3 or TUF or Eagle or whatever) which is reference as part of the contract for allowing access to the documents and chips for NVidia partner cards. That way, regardless of which brand you go with, you are basically guaranteed a block which fits at least ONE card in the line. I highly doubt NVidia would implement something like that, but it would be nice to have the choice.

It makes more sense to support the TUF, which is priced at MSRP, for installing a waterblock. Removing the expensive Strix air cooler would a waste as it costs $200 more, in addition to the cost of the waterblock.

They actually have a Strix block, so it seems there is some benefit to supporting it.

• 1 month later...
Yeah, this makes no sense. why would you make a block for a $1900(after taxes and shipping) GPU when the strix already comes with an outstanding air cooler? I'm upset with corsairs decision on this one. Its pretty aggravating to a customer like me who has spent thousands of dollars on corsair products and then cant complete my custom corsair cooling system because of a GPU water block. Fortunately optimus has a water block releasing for evga 3090's and unfortunately i will no longer consider corsair for water cooling. Whoever reads this should check out the optimus cooling systems.

Yeah, this makes no sense. why would you make a block for a $1900(after taxes and shipping) GPU when the strix already comes with an outstanding air cooler? I'm upset with corsairs decision on this one. Its pretty aggravating to a customer like me who has spent thousands of dollars on corsair products and then cant complete my custom corsair cooling system because of a GPU water block. Fortunately optimus has a water block releasing for evga 3090's and unfortunately i will no longer consider corsair for water cooling. Whoever reads this should check out the optimus cooling systems.

You are tacking onto the back of a post made the night before and 4 days after the release of the Ampere cards. All of the responses were made in that context. Would you like to list the number of full water blocks available at that time for non-reference GPUs? Let me help -- zero.

Hopefully you're not in a rush. Your Optimus blocks have not shipped either as of the date of this post -- 2 months later. The general lack of choice and supply on non-reference GPUs should be an indicator that something has changed and the manufacturers are trying to adjust.

1) I am a fan of the design/lighting on the Corsair block.

2) When you find one option you think will work for you, you try it out.

3) I sense thread necromancy...

• 2 weeks later...
The 3090 Founders has a triple-slot PCIe bracket which makes no sense with a waterblock as it blocks the adjacent PCIe port. Please release a custom bracket for the 3090 Founders that reduces it to one or two slots.

Dear Corsair GregX,

I bought the RTX3090FE and I really need this 2-slot-bracket you've spoken about.

Is there any possibility to buy this single bracket? Please let there be a way. I'd pay good.

Greetings,

deady1000

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
Hi!

Is this still the case? I am curious as to why? I was ready to go all in with the HydroX series, but not supporting EVGA cards is a deal breaker for me. :eek:

• 2 months later...

So sorry to bring up this old post but honestly why would Corsair pass on EVGA products? Do you know that people who buy EVGA products are extreamly loyal to the brand. They have "THE" best customer service in the world. We are willing to pay a premium for EVGA because they stand by their products.

To neglect EVGA customers is just insane. Hell post a poll up asking how many people would buy a water block for an evga 3080/3090 card.

/rant over

Add me to the list of buyers for an EVGA FTW3 3080 ultra Gaming card water block.

At least there are lots of options now for EVGA cards, there weren't when I first started looking.

I don't think we're supposed to name other brands or I'd point out which I got for my 3090 FTW3 Ultra, which is mindblowingly good at cooling it.

The main reason Corsair doesn't support the EVGA FTW3 cards is they do not follow the reference design. Waterblocks designed specifically for a single card (the 3080 for instance) would not be worth the cost of production vs the return on investment when compared to a design that works for a larger variety of cards.

It doesn't seem to be targeted at EVGA specifically. EVGA just tends to make their higher tier cards in a non-standard way.

• 2 weeks later...

Some have apologized for reviving this thread several times. I think it is a thread that should be revived. My new and 4th build is going to be a water cooled and it is extremely disappointing to see that EVGA is not represented. I am currently awaiting my Dominators and 7000D, unfortunately I will be going elsewhere for my cooling loop. As another poster said, there is a reason why we are loyal to EVGA...bar none...best customer service.

• 7 months later...

Hey all so does anyone know if anything has changed on the EVGA front? A couple months ago i saw a new corsair reference water block on amazon its Corsair Hydro X Series XG5 RGB 30-Series Reference GPU Water Block - Fits 110+ Reference Design NVIDIA® GeForce RTX™ (3090, 3080 Ti, 3080) Models - Nickel-Plated Copper Construction. Is the compatible with the evga 3080 ti ftw3??

• 1 month later...

2020 started my computer building adventures for the 2nd time ever. Everything that can be Corsair is Corsair because it all talks and works with each other. I cannot believe we still don’t have a water block for a FTW3. It easily has to be one of the most popular cards out there. It’s incredibly annoying to me that I can’t one stop shop for my first water cooling build. Corsair, please come out with this already!