Corsair Community

Hydro X Series XG7 RGB 30 - Design changes to address leaks

JimWindy

Hi Team,

Big Corsair fan, some great kit!

I just bought a 3080 FE and looking to get a Corsair waterblock. I noted many users sharing stories of leaks on the 20-Series XG7 and couldnt find an official response to the issue.

Q: Have there been design changes to address these leaks in the 30-Series XG7 Waterblocks or are they using the same design?

Thank you

well as usual, the few people that have had leaks from the start did come to seek help in the forums. the thousands that had work it flawlessly never felt the need to come say "hey.. it works fine i'm happy"

Still... a flaw is a flaw and needs to be adressed, and it seems they did.

• Corsair Employee
Hi Team,

Big Corsair fan, some great kit!

I just bought a 3080 FE and looking to get a Corsair waterblock. I noted many users sharing stories of leaks on the 20-Series XG7 and couldnt find an official response to the issue.

Q: Have there been design changes to address these leaks in the 30-Series XG7 Waterblocks or are they using the same design?

Thank you

Hi!

The leaking stories about the Hydro X Series XG7 blocks are related to extreme pressure and torsion on the manifold part. Under normal use, with either soft or hardline tubing, Hydro X Series blocks will not leak.

Based on thousands of happy Hydro X customers, a leaking manifold terminal is not a recurring complaint.

However, we have updated the manifold and added a third screw to the manifold terminal. The new design is used on

XG7 RGB 20-SERIES GPU Water Block (2080 Ti SE) and all of the new GPU water block models for NVIDIA 30-Series and AMD RX-Series.

• 4 months later...
Hi!

The leaking stories about the Hydro X Series XG7 blocks are related to extreme pressure and torsion on the manifold part. Under normal use, with either soft or hardline tubing, Hydro X Series blocks will not leak.

Based on thousands of happy Hydro X customers, a leaking manifold terminal is not a recurring complaint.

However, we have updated the manifold and added a third screw to the manifold terminal. The new design is used on

XG7 RGB 20-SERIES GPU Water Block (2080 Ti SE) and all of the new GPU water block models for NVIDIA 30-Series and AMD RX-Series.

Is the new design also used on the Hydro X Series XG7 RGB 20-SERIES GPU Water Block (2080 FE Rev.B)?

• 1 year later...

I have the xg7 2080ti block, started leaking from the manifold since day one, such poor flimsy design, the slightest movement and it starts pissing water and sucking in air.  Got the 3090 block too, glad to see the manifold is more solid, scan see corsair learned from past mistakes.