Corsair Community

Made a post when the ICUE first launched about how awesome this was for the K55 keyboard. gave it a whole bunch of options and access to link everything with the LIGHTING LINK for all of my peripherals. I was over the moon happy about it. Have plenty of lovely and high quality videos in case there was any doubt of it linking before. i love this keyboard and found that the only downfall was that limitation. ICUE fixed that. I have updated to version 3.2.87 and this has completely undid EVERYTHING that I was so happy about. Yes it is a lower end keyboard, but they made this keyboard a lot better and gave it a tremendous bang for your buck in conjunction with the software. this was a swift slap in the face. absolutely HORRIBLE Update and has made this keyboard look completely out of place in my setup now. My setup consists of many compents from corsair. Currently i have a VS500 PSU, Vengence LPX ram, 4xAF120 case fans, Glaive, MM800C, ST100, and even just got my system set up in a Spec-04 TG. I love corsair, but this was honestly enough to shake my faith in this brand and kind of make me not even want use my computer at the moment. To be fair, I still have a VERY nice setup. this is a first world problem if there ever was one. it's just depressing to see my keyboard in my setup look so out of place now. Spent a lot of time and money getting my setup right. Luckily i took pictures and videos the day before the update so i know how things COULD be. all because a few lines of code. the keyboard can handle it, i have proof of that, not sure why it was taken out.

What lighting effects were you using before that you want to have back in CUE? As I recall, some flat out didn't work and others don't have a good effect like Rain since there's only 3 zones. Lighting Link could be good, but not all of them work well with the keyboard.

EDIT: To add, I do think it could use the Gradient effect, and the Lighting Link Shift/Pulse, but I'm not sure if Corsair can allow it to only use a few of the effects if you set other devices to say Spiral Rainbow which doesn't work on the K55.

I used a lot of different effects. I did use the pulse and wave settings with the lighting link. they actually looked very good. yes it is only a 3 lighting zone keyboard, and some of the effects didn't work very well. but they at least had the ability to sync up with the rest. Certain things you're going to have to expect limitations when you don't shell out the big bucks. the limited functionality it had, in conjunction with the software, was easily the best bang for your buck in any budget oriented keyboard. I actually had some cool effects going with the rain and ripple effects layered with the type lighting. these functions worked AMAZINGLY. In the end i'm just really disappointing that to combat a few settings not working to their full potential, they took out a bunch that really do. If you're interested in seeing what i had set up I have taken videos and can send them to you if you're interested. I think the biggest thing for me is the complete loss of link functionality. I'm aware that the keyboard doesn't have the necessary hardware to link like the other keyboards and peripherals do, but the ICUE software had pretty much made that irrelevant. That is what i would most like to see come back.

In the end i can't deny, that i love corsair and all of their products (Sadly i still love this software despite the loss of functionality) Just hope that i can shed some light for the more budget oriented user, who still really wants to "WOW" people with what you can do in that price range, because trust me this software makes a HUGE difference

Yeah i have reverted back to the previous version. Everything works fine now, will definitely not be updating until i know it's worth it. Now that i'm back to that version i love the software again. Had to remake all of my lighting profiles as i'm a slight idiot and did not export any of my custom profiles before I reverted back. Very small problem as i enjoy making different lighting effects, so i just get to make more now right?

But at least back tot he point where I can use it again. It really is great software. gives a very good bang for the buck for a lower end keyboard. Just hope they can bring back some of that functionality.

Archived