Corsair Community

Vengeance 2100 - Brand New - Audio Cutting Out, Software Issue?

mistystriker

Hi guys,

I'm running Windows 8.1 and I only bought this headset about five days ago so I have the latest drivers (Headset Software Version 2.0.26, Audio Drivers 1.0.0.27). I've yet to find an exact reason as to what sets off this problem as it can happen when I'm doing nothing, when I'm in the middle of a YouTube vid, a game, a Skype call, music... there's not really any defining factors I can see straight up.

But anyway, the issue:

At random intervals (the time varies between incidents), the audio in my headset goes kaput. The mic continues to function, and occasionally there will be crackly blips pulsing in the headphones at regular intervals. This will continue until I unplug the dongle and replug it back in. Turning the headset on and off does nothing to fix it. If it happens mid-game, I have to reboot the game to get audio back. YouTube videos will cease to play if it drops out while I'm watching something. Spotify flat out crashes. iTunes stays open but the song time numbers won't move until the sound is back up.

I have tried uninstalling the drivers and the software, rebooting and then reinstalling things. No success. The default format for the headset audio is set to DVD Quality. I can find no solutions online though I think some people are having similar issues? Corsair has -not- responded to my support ticket lodged four days ago, despite their email claiming they answer within one business day.

Any help appreciated.

• 4 weeks later...

An update on this:

Corsair support are wanting to organise an RMA for the dongle as it may be faulty. Guess who gets to pay international postage costs even though it's not their fault that the product has been like this since day one of purchase?

Yep..

Not enthusiastic about buying Corsair again.

Will advise if replacing the dongle fixes things.

Updating again:

New dongle didn't fix the issue. Now Corsair are replacing the whole headset so let's see how that goes. My boyfriend suggested disabling the wireless section of my router to see if that was causing the issue. Inconvenient, but I'll try it and check back.

It's possible nearby wireless devices may affect the V2100. Try moving the router away and leave the channel to Auto and see if that helps. You can move the dongle away instead of the router by using the included extension cable.

Do you have any other speakers connected to your computer?

Have you tried disabling those? Does it help?

Best way to find out if its a software or hardware issue would be trying the headset on another computer. The headset also has antennas which may be causing the issue instead of the dongle.

-Are you using any other speakers connected to your computer?

If yes, have you tried unplugging them?

-Have you tried turning off any power saving features? e.g. USB selective suspend found in Power options under Control panel.

-Latest chipset drivers?

Can be found here

Intel

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/default.aspx

AMD

http://support.amd.com/en-us

• 2 years later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived