Corsair Community

iCue closes whenever I start a game

MushtPepperoni

Hi

I've been having this issue for 3 weeks now where iCue would just die whenever I launch a game, doesn't even matter which game. It does not give me any errors, it just dies and all the LEDs freeze. If I launch iCue again when the game is running it runs fine.

I've checked the log but it doesnt seem to contain anything useful, though I'll add it to this thread anyway.

I've tried reinstalling iCue multiple times (manually deleted all extra folders and registry records as stated here), tried with a clean profile, tried disabling the SDK and plugins, ... All without succes, nothing works.

All attached devices are:

• Strafe RGB Keyboard
  • M65 Pro RGB Mouse
  • Virtuoso Headset
  • MM800 RGB Polaris Mousepad

I'm getting really frustrated about this since I really need my macro's in game, any suggestions?

Thx!

2019-11-26T01-10-57.log

• 3 months later...

Mine has done it With the Asus plugin from the beginning. If you remove the Asus.dll out the plugin folder then the issue stops. It is 100% sure the Asus.dll plugin's issue. For me only Battleye causes it. Once my Corsair ICUE closes. I simply relaunch ICUE and it is fine after that. Maybe a hook that is causing the issue with Battleye?

Yes the Asus plugin and Asus Armoury Crate for me.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
I got mine to work.

Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Corsair\Corsair iCUE Software\Plugins

Delete the Asus folder in this location and my iCue no longer crashes when launching a game!

Bro you are a legend i literally tried everything this was the only fix for me ty so much ive been trying to fix this for almost 3 months now

• 3 weeks later...
I got mine to work.

Delete the Asus folder in this location and my iCue no longer crashes when launching a game!

thanks man!

i had same issue and couldn't fix it for a while.

tried and worked like a charm

• 2 weeks later...

So will this affect iCUE's ability to control the motherboard? I have a ROG Maximus XI. I have clean installed windows twice now... iCUE simply crashes every time I open Fortnite.

Edit... after testing Motherboard disappears from iCUE... had to reenable "enable plugins". I find it hard to believe similar issues have been plaguing iCUE for sometime. I shouldn't have to disable ASUS plugins to play a game!

Update... ASUS folder deleted. iCue still crashes, as much as ive read nothing is working! Any suggestions?

Edited by Woobang

thi hasppens for me to, i never used to have to have i cue open to play pubg, now if i dont manually open it after opening the game i cant use mouse buttons in game, movement and shooting is there but vault is not. really annoying, randomly closes aswell which is ****e.

Hi everyone -

New on this forum, only registered to comment on this thread!

This issue has been driving me CRAZY -

Everytime I would enter a game in Tarkov, GTA5 or Wildlands (only three games I play but problem has a 100% hit rate on them) ICue would close itself - losing all my fan settings and key binds.

I would then have to minimise the game and try to restart ICue. With a game open and running, there was a 75% of ICue just closing again as soon as I've opened it.

Removing the ASUS plugin as suggested (SO FAR) has stopped this problem - THANK YOU SO MUCH.

All of my peripherals are Corsair, and I was contemplating changing everything as it seemed this was the only option to stop it from happening!

This may not work for everyone, however I've got an Asus Prime Deluxe II MOBO - and removing the plugin folder looks like its fixed the problem for me.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
I got mine to work.

Well i deleted the ASUS folder and now my fans and MOBO don't light up anymore.. Only my memory