Corsair Community

Got sent slightly different ram, how much can I overclock?

CODO77

So on Cyber Monday I bought what was supposed to be another kit of ram identical to the one I already had. What I already had was Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz with CAS Latency 16 using a Micron B-die, I have bought another kit with it advertised as being the same with CAS 16 from amazon with even the serial code on the packet being for the CMK16GX4M2D3000C16 which is what I had but looking on CPU-Z and another program the new RAM actually has a part number CMK16GX4M2B3000C15 which is the CAS 15 variant using the Hynix A-die, so I was sent the wrong product, I want to overclock my RAM and currently have it running at 3200MHz but I now cannot use any timing calculators to get "safe" timings because the different types have different timings.

Using a calculator the Hynix CAS 15 one has lower timings so should I be fine using the timings from the Micron CAS 16 one since it is higher or would it not work?

Turns out 3200Mhz was unstable, got bsod 4 times and memtest64 threw a lot of errors,I then put down to xmp profile 2, I then ran windows memory diagnostic and nothing was wrong so i then ran a bootable usb with memtest86 and nothing was wrong. so I just want to know if i can overclock and if i can how would i go about it