Corsair Community

New Bld. and use of H150i Pro i9-9900

acsrand

This is a 1st time bld. for me (very newbee).

Sys: gigabyte z390 Aorus Pro WiFi MOBO, i9-9900K CPU:

Not sure which of the MOBO Fan header to connect the H150i single pin "pump tach" (I believe the only function of this single pin connection is for the MOBO to read the pump tach., is that correct?)

Options for this MOBO are:

CPU_FAN/SYS_FAN1,

or

SYS_FAN2/SYS_FAN3/SYS_Fan4 (Fan Headers)

or

SYS_FAN5/6_PUMP (System Fan/Water Cooling Pump Headers)

or

CPU_OPT (Water Cooling CPU Fan Header)

I need to assign one of the headers to my case fans, but beyond that the headers are not assigned as yet.

Also, the H150i USB 2.0 conn.: Will the iCUE ver. 3.18.77 recognize this USB connection or do I need to do something so iCUE recognizes the H150i USB connection?

One concern is that until I get everything setup:, BIOS, iCUE, etc. I want to make sure the CPU does not go into an overheat situation.

It doesn't really matter which MB header you use for the "dummy header" on the H150i. If you have nothing on CPU Fan, you will have to disable the BIOS warning system in order to boot. Putting the H150i pump there solves that problem as well as makes the warning useful should the pump not start at power on. However, the MB connection is not required for the pump to work. The USB 2 connection is how the software and device communicate and power is SATA.

iCUE 3.19 was the problematic one for some users with specific hardware, although it does not sounds like you have Corsair RGB RAM and that version has already been replaced with the 3.20 mentioned above. Moot point either way.