The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > iCUE Software

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-17-2018, 06:09 AM
iCUE Product Manager

POST ID # = 963875
Corsair James Reputation: 75

Thanks everyone. Please continue to test while we evaluate the results.

iCUE - A CORSAIR Interface
https://www.corsair.com/us/en/icue
Old 07-17-2018, 12:29 PM

POST ID # = 963914
Kymil Reputation: 10

Not to be unconstructive (I already was pretty constructive in my Reddit thread — https://www.reddit.com/r/Corsair/com...ng_pc_crashes/) but, devs, when should we expect a fix? If you can't name a day, a week will do.

Cause it may come as a shock to you, but when we consumers buy hardware, we expect it (and its software) to work. Not cause PC crashes. We're not asking for too much — I don't expect M65 to make me a pro Fortnite player :) But I sure expect it to not crash my PC when I'm playing the game.
And judging by that Reddit thread - boi, oh boi, I am not alone.

Now I have the situation when I've paid money but can't actually use a mouse, and the piece of plastic is just laying around, cause without software it's sensitivity and binding functions just won't work. And I didn't buy it for double-clicking the cells in some Excel spreadsheets.

So should I sell it on ebay already (and hope that buyer won't have the same crash) or is there a chance that a fix is actually coming in the next couple of weeks?

Thanks for the prompt clarification! :3
Old 07-17-2018, 12:47 PM
WhiskeyOmega's PC Specs

POST ID # = 963920
WhiskeyOmega Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kymil View Post
Not to be unconstructive (I already was pretty constructive in my Reddit thread — https://www.reddit.com/r/Corsair/com...ng_pc_crashes/) but, devs, when should we expect a fix? If you can't name a day, a week will do.

Cause it may come as a shock to you, but when we consumers buy hardware, we expect it (and its software) to work. Not cause PC crashes. We're not asking for too much — I don't expect M65 to make me a pro Fortnite player :) But I sure expect it to not crash my PC when I'm playing the game.
And judging by that Reddit thread - boi, oh boi, I am not alone.

Now I have the situation when I've paid money but can't actually use a mouse, and the piece of plastic is just laying around, cause without software it's sensitivity and binding functions just won't work. And I didn't buy it for double-clicking the cells in some Excel spreadsheets.

So should I sell it on ebay already (and hope that buyer won't have the same crash) or is there a chance that a fix is actually coming in the next couple of weeks?

Thanks for the prompt clarification! :3
I get where you're coming from believe me since Ive had this problem for 1 whole year now since the same problem happened with Corsair's Link. So I suppose if anyone should be salty around here it should be me. Im glad now so many people have come forward. But There ways around not getting the issue rearing its ugly head so you dont have to keep it uninstalled and not use corsairs stuff in the mean time.

Im at the point of knowing how to go about not getting it for at least 3 days with either a reinstall of iCUE or having just learned this you can also disable/reboot then enable/reboot corsair service in services.

I find having more monitoring software such as AIDA64 or Speccy will only exacerbate things. I run MSI Afterburner to OC the 1080ti so i know that doesnt make it worse as well.
Old 07-17-2018, 01:37 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team

POST ID # = 963931
Inheritance Reputation: 70

There isn't an ETA on a fix yet as they are still working on resolving the problem. All I can say is it won't be the 3.5 update coming out. This is a top priority for them and James will provide an update when he has something.

If you don't want to help troubleshoot the bug I recommend downgrading to CUE 2 in the meantime.
Corsair USER Forums is NOT Corsair Tech Support
Old 07-17-2018, 01:53 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 963938
DevBiker Reputation: 88

One thing that I've noticed ... for at least 2 users, Test #4 (where CPUIDSDK was deleted) did pass.

Now, this isn't ideal but iCue will function without CPUIDSDK. You won't have system temps (CPU, GPU, etc) but the other functions will work.

So ... another question ... if you delete/rename CPUIDSDK in the Corsair folder but run HWMonitor (not HWInfo), do you get the black screens as well?

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Old 07-17-2018, 02:38 PM
Nimce's PC Specs

POST ID # = 963953
Nimce Reputation: 10

I think the Asus x79 motherboards has a tendency for such problems.
I had the exact same issue (random black screens) more than a year ago after a major Windows 10 update came out (I think it was the creators update), only disabling VT-d in the bios solved it.
Old 07-17-2018, 03:48 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 963968

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimce View Post
I think the Asus x79 motherboards has a tendency for such problems.
I had the exact same issue (random black screens) more than a year ago after a major Windows 10 update came out (I think it was the creators update), only disabling VT-d in the bios solved it.
Oh, now that's interesting.

For the others on the thread, do y'all have VT-d enabled in the BIOS? And is it just Asus or is it the x79 chipset that has the issue, I wonder?

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Old 07-17-2018, 04:05 PM
WhiskeyOmega's PC Specs

POST ID # = 963971

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevBiker View Post
One thing that I've noticed ... for at least 2 users, Test #4 (where CPUIDSDK was deleted) did pass.

Now, this isn't ideal but iCue will function without CPUIDSDK. You won't have system temps (CPU, GPU, etc) but the other functions will work.

So ... another question ... if you delete/rename CPUIDSDK in the Corsair folder but run HWMonitor (not HWInfo), do you get the black screens as well?
Disabling Corsair Service (Test 2) Put my fans in rainbow mode but kept them going at a standard pace and kept my mouse and keyboard propfiles going.

Renaming CPUIDSDK.dll (Test 4) Kept my colour profile going but stopped my 10 fans all together. Wasnt going to test that one for too long but while i did rename and used it for a day i didnt get a black screen.
Old 07-17-2018, 06:12 PM
Interitum Mundi's PC Specs

POST ID # = 963982
Interitum Mundi Reputation: 10

Quote:
Oh, now that's interesting.

For the others on the thread, do y'all have VT-d enabled in the BIOS? And is it just Asus or is it the x79 chipset that has the issue, I wonder?
I got an Asus RIVBE and VT-d disabled, but the issue occours anyway.
Old 07-17-2018, 06:33 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 963985

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeyOmega View Post
Disabling Corsair Service (Test 2) Put my fans in rainbow mode but kept them going at a standard pace and kept my mouse and keyboard propfiles going.

Renaming CPUIDSDK.dll (Test 4) Kept my colour profile going but stopped my 10 fans all together. Wasnt going to test that one for too long but while i did rename and used it for a day i didnt get a black screen.
Question: What's the temperature source variable for your fan profiles? And these fans are on a CoPro, correct?

Old 07-17-2018, 06:34 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 963987

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interitum Mundi View Post
Thanks. Well, shoots that down, now don't it?

Old 07-18-2018, 02:49 AM
Nimce's PC Specs

POST ID # = 964035
Nimce Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interitum Mundi View Post
Yeah, I have Sabertooth x79 with VT-d disabled, the issue still occurs too.
Disabling VT-d fixed the crashes which appeared with the previous major windows 10 update.
Old 07-18-2018, 04:15 AM
zeriah's PC Specs

POST ID # = 964052
zeriah Reputation: 10

I haven't had a chance to run the tests, but I've saved profiles to the K95 and Scimitar, closed iCUE, and stopped the Corsair service, and I haven't had a black screen crash in the last 6 days. It's not ideal for my uses, since I have some macros that use profile changes or mouse clicks, but it is a workaround for the time being for anyone who has devices with on-board profile storage.

Last edited by zeriah; 07-18-2018 at 04:23 AM.
Old 07-18-2018, 08:37 AM
CORSAIR Beta Team
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 964081

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimce View Post
Disabling VT-d fixed the crashes which appeared with the previous major windows 10 update.
Crashes started with a Windows 10 Update?? Say it ain't so!!

Old 07-18-2018, 09:08 AM
WhiskeyOmega's PC Specs

POST ID # = 964087

Quote:
Question: What's the temperature source variable for your fan profiles? And these fans are on a CoPro, correct?
I read this and had a thought. As I know ive changed from the original temperature source variable. I actually cant tell which of the 12 threads on the i7 4930k its set to because it does read that far. But I did wonder if this had something to do with how often the black screeing occurs since I seem to not get it that often at the moment.

And yes I have CoPro for all the fans.

Edit: with 3.5.11 i can now tell I was actually on Package temp with the CoPro fans and H150i temp with the H150i temps. Changed them both now to Core #1

Last edited by WhiskeyOmega; 07-18-2018 at 09:14 AM.